Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian 21 (2A State Championship Game)
Final from Lexington.

This one lived up to the hype, and was another great game in the Bluegrass today.

Congratulations Beechwood Tigers!
Holy Crap, what a ballgame!!!!! Congratulations Beechwood!!!
Really hate it for Coach Doug Charles.

Congrats to Beechwood on yet another state championship
Dang, LCA has suffered to heartbreaking losses the last two years to Beechwood. Congrats Tigers.
Final game stats link >

http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/arch...?id=367098
Well it explains why Tommy Greer didn’t wanna play them this year. Congrats beechwood!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
Man. What a game
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(12-03-2021, 08:40 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Well it explains why Tommy Greer didn’t wanna play them this year. Congrats beechwood!!!

I hated to see Beechwood leave the schedule. The Hounds and Tigers had some good games. Corbin should be playing the Beechwoods and Mayfields instead of Twiddledee and Twiddledum.
Just can’t feel sorry for any private playing a public and losing. The city schools have some advantages over much of the rural state- “county” schools; especially, the ones that openly “receive” out-of-district players. BUT- it’s just blind deference or total ignorance to contend that public schools should be able to compete with the privates. Congrats Beechwood.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • wolfcat
Can’t take yourself out of FG range in that situation. Run your All-Starter and take your chances with a 40-45 yarder.
Title #16 for Beechwood, one of a handful of programs that did/will add to their impressive totals this weekend.

Thumbnail(s)

Well, no doubt about it, the LCA hype was not justified. Beechwood was definitely the better team and Hergott by far the best Athlete on the field.
(12-03-2021, 08:50 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Well, no doubt about it, the LCA hype was not justified. Beechwood was definitely the better team and Hergott by far the best Athlete on the field.
LCA did beat Boyle County and Pikeville. I do agree that whichever team had Hegott was winning.
Coaching is where this game was won.
(12-03-2021, 09:12 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Coaching is where this game was won.
Not knowing LCA other than all the hype they have had all year, that I myself. Ought into, I can’t really say. But if Brown is everything he was hyped as being, YOU HAVE TO GET THE BALL IN HIS HAND BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!
Being down by two touchdowns is a tough act to get out of especially playing beechwood.Sooner or later Doug Charles is going to get ya.The time of possession killed LCA. Almost 31 minutes for beechwood and a little over 16 for LCA.Congrats to both teams.You can be proud and you will remember this the rest of your life.
(12-03-2021, 08:47 PM)ROTC Wrote: Just can’t feel sorry for any private playing a public and losing. The city schools have some advantages over much of the rural state- “county” schools; especially, the ones that openly “receive” out-of-district players.  BUT- it’s just blind deference or total ignorance to contend that public schools should be able to compete with the privates.  Congrats Beechwood.

I don't think LCA had any advantages over Beechwood.
Then, we must agree to disagree. The ability to recruit (openly); not be bound by some of the ridiculous federal guidelines such as Title IX; and to be allowed to operate your school outside of the other ridiculous features of modern public education is a huge advantage.

Now, I will concede that schools like BEECHWOOD and HIGHLANDS are able to operate as semi private schools de facto; due to the SES demands of living in their neighborhoods as opposed to say Podunck Co High- still it is very advantageous to be a private in athletics IF that school wants to use it as a pull and model of their overall success.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • wolfcat
Way to go Tigers!
Game MVP - Cameron Hergott

Rushing: 29 att /161 net yds (5.6ypc)/2 TD
Passing: 6 cmp/12 att/1 int
Punting: 3/94 yds

Congrats Cam!
Congrats to Beechwood
Beechwood and many of the blue blood programs are independent school districts. Any kid accepted from any location can go to BW for $3800 per year. Let’s look at LCA…any kid if accepted can go to LCA but tuition is almost 13k per year. So who has the advantage?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tigerallamerican's post:
  • Iggyfan
(12-04-2021, 11:52 AM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: Beechwood and many of the blue blood programs are independent school districts. Any kid accepted from any location can go to BW for $3800 per year. Let’s look at LCA…any kid if accepted can go to LCA but tuition is almost 13k per year. So who has the advantage?

Does LCA offer scholarships?
They offer 3rd party financial aid for up to 50%. It is not handled or administered by the school. My point is that the public vs private argument always seems to exclude the independent school districts. IMO they have the most advantage. Think about the blue bloods of high school football outside of Trinity a high percentage of them are independent schools.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tigerallamerican's post:
  • Westside
(12-04-2021, 01:03 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: They offer 3rd party financial aid for up to 50%. It is not handled or administered by the school. My point is that the public vs private argument always seems to exclude the independent school districts. IMO they have the most advantage. Think about the blue bloods of high school football outside of Trinity a high percentage of them are independent schools.

What are the advantages that independent school districts have in Kentucky?
Congratulations to Beechwood
congrats to Beechwood.   Looking forward to watching the QB1 at EKU next year.   Congrats
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vols0528's post:
  • Westside
(12-04-2021, 02:04 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 01:03 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: They offer 3rd party financial aid for up to 50%. It is not handled or administered by the school. My point is that the public vs private argument always seems to exclude the independent school districts. IMO they have the most advantage. Think about the blue bloods of high school football outside of Trinity a high percentage of them are independent schools.

It is totally dependent on the location, cost of real estate, etc. For example- Jackson Independent in Breathitt Co. has typically been a school that an athlete left Breathitt for if he/she wasn’t good enough to play at Breathitt or became disgruntled. The admin there focuses on academics and the location of the school is terrible for any kind of development.

Pikeville, on the other hand, has long been interested in being good at football. So, let’s say dad worked in the mines, but mom worked “in town” at the bank. Phelps struggles in football, but JUNIOR is a stud. He is districted for Phelps, but he simply rides to school with momma and becomes a Panther.

Think about SES, commitment by the community, and administrative support when you analyze this point and it is easy to understand.

(12-05-2021, 08:02 AM)ROTC Wrote:

It is totally dependent on the location, cost of real estate, etc.  For example- Jackson Independent in Breathitt Co. has typically been a school that an athlete left Breathitt for if he/she wasn’t good enough to play at Breathitt or became disgruntled.  The admin there focuses on academics and the location of the school is terrible for any kind of development.

Pikeville, on the other hand, has long been interested in being good at football.  So, let’s say dad worked in the mines, but mom worked “in town” at the bank.  Phelps struggles in football, but JUNIOR is a stud.  He is districted for Phelps, but he simply rides to school with momma and becomes a Panther.

Think about SES, commitment by the community, and administrative support when you analyze this point and it is easy to understand.

How is that any different than a parent whose kid is good at football sending them to Johnson Central though? 

As you said, it's dependent on location. Are schools like Beechwood or Highlands good at football because they are independent schools, or because they are in higher income areas? Do Fulton City and Paris and Frankfort have the same advantages as Pikeville or Bowling Green or Beechwood? I don't see how it could be more of an advantage than schools like Trinity or St. Xavier or Lexington Catholic and Lexington Christian where tuition is near twice as high as schools like Newport Central Catholic or Bishop Brossart or Covington Holy Cross. Everything is relative.