Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 35 Graves County 21
final
Graves was better than I thought they would be. Very physical and tuff with a very good QB, very tuff and quick running backs and outstanding recievers. Mayfield looked good but definitely not outstanding, lot of kids having leg cramps all night. Cardinals won on talent but graves definitely more aggressive, all over the field.
Congratulations Mayfield.
I thought both teams looked pretty solid. Graves Co has some really nice skill kids. The #11 wr made some outstanding pass receptions with guys draped all over him and there QB has a big arm and #29 is a very hard runner with great speed. Mayfield did what Mayfield does, just keep coming at you. I thought Cartwright looked much improved throwing the ball and Galbreath is one tough, strong little RB. They had a couple of others capable of running it, as well and a couple of nice WRs. I thought the Cardinal line on both sides of the ball was the major difference. I don't see too many 2a teams taking this Mayfield team out and I think the Eagles will surprise some teams in 5a this year, too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Red and Black Attack's post:
  • barnabus_c2001, Mayfieldsportsfan
(08-21-2021, 08:09 AM)Red and Black Attack Wrote: I thought both teams looked pretty solid. Graves Co has some really nice skill kids. The #11 wr made some outstanding pass receptions with guys draped all over him and there QB has a big arm and #29 is a very hard runner with great speed. Mayfield did what Mayfield does, just keep coming at you. I thought Cartwright looked much improved throwing the ball and Galbreath is one tough, strong little RB. They had a couple of others capable of running it, as well and a couple of nice WRs. I thought the Cardinal line on both sides of the ball was the major difference. I don't see too many 2a teams taking this Mayfield team out and I think the Eagles will surprise some teams in 5a this year, too.
I agree that graves will surprise some teams. The one thing we got to improve, is Galbreath is the hardest hitter on the team, we need some more headhunters out there.
Graves looked solid. They had their chances. We again had a possible serious injury in the first game of the season. The Cards need to get conditioned and hydrate better. Way too much cramping. That started in the second quarter. Water, pediatlyte, Gatorade and stay away from the sodas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonis55's post:
  • Mayfieldsportsfan
Congrats to the Cards. I heard that this Graves team is pretty darn good this year.
(08-24-2021, 06:30 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote: Congrats to the Cards. I heard that this Graves team is pretty darn good this year.
I was very impressed with them. Quicker than usual, good QB with a couple good receivers and very physical.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • #55PirateFan