Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central vs Leslie County
C. Vernon Cooper Pride of the Mountains Classic

Game is at Hazard

Pike Central is 0-1(losing to Shelby Valley 34-12)
Leslie County is 0-1(losing to Knox Central 46-0)

What are everyones predictions?
LC is down this year...Defense is really struggling from what ive heard, WRs dropping a lot passes, they got a good QB in Morgan just not enough weapons.

PC-20
LC-13
im gonna take leslie 21-20 in a close one
If PC can improve on their tackling and on the O-line, they should beat LC, if not it may be a long night for the Hawks.

Good Luck Hawks!!
Leslie
Leslie will be the better team on the field this coming Friday! Pike Central may be headed for a difficult start for the 2007 season with a loss propelling them to 0-2. I will have to take Leslie County by a few touchdowns and their first win of the season. Leslie moves on to 1-1 after this needed match up.

Leslie – 21
Pike Central - 7

PS. I have to go with my gut again even though I would love to see another Pike County Victory.
Cool
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Leslie is struggling right now... no doubts. They have alot of speed and talent though, yet to be seen. Once leslie's o-line gets going they are going to be fine. They have a young D that needs game experience, when they get a few games under their belt they will be a much better team. I look for them to come out with a win this week after being embarassed. I look forward to see how they will bounce back, that will show what kind of heart and pride they really have.
Leslie
As is usual in a first game, Leslie made mistakes and Knox Central capitalized on them. Lelsie has a young defense that sorely misses their two middle linebackers. There wasn't anyone to fill the holes on the inside runs. Thats what beat them. Perfect pass defense, no sweeps, just right up the gut out of the bone. A personel change was neede and I think Leslie will look like a different defense this week.
As for the offense, well, three fumbles and 2 drive kiling holding penalties in the first quarter really gutted them, and their confidence. They had the ball inside the 20 on their first two drives, and inside the 30 on their third drive. I think they get it all worked out this week and start a streak of wins.

Leslie- 38
Pike Central- 12
PC should be a better team than they showed in game one, but the new offense will never work if OL doesn't block. The defense has to tackle better,maybe they will get some problems fixed before playing Leslie County. If not it will be another long night for the Hawks.
BelfryJustice Wrote:Leslie will be the better team on the field this coming Friday! Pike Central may be headed for a difficult start for the 2007 season with a loss propelling them to 0-2. I will have to take Leslie County by a few touchdowns and their first win of the season. Leslie moves on to 1-1 after this needed match up.

Leslie – 21
Pike Central - 7

PS. I have to go with my gut again even though I would love to see another Pike County Victory.
Cool

Yea I agree..I see Leslie winning this one, but would love to see Central come away with the Win
leslie 35
pike cent. 14
hawk2 Wrote:PC should be a better team than they showed in game one, but the new offense will never work if OL doesn't block. The defense has to tackle better,maybe they will get some problems fixed before playing Leslie County. If not it will be another long night for the Hawks.
the coach knew what kind of offensive line he had when he started the new system. (hopefully the new playbook consists of more than the two or three plays he showed us Saturday) He has been their coach all along. Hopefully Leslie is as weak as last weeks score indicates and pc can win one and gain some confidence. The ball needs to find its way into the hands of Merchant and Nichols and PC may win close one.
I think that Central will take this one a lot easier than most of you think. They saw a good Valley team on Saturday, but, Central is better than they played. Their coverage is a lot better this season as well. I think if they keep the ball in the hands of Merchant and Meade, they will win this one easily. If they do not, it could be close.

PC-26
LC-14
im gonna have to go with PCC in this one....After coming off a tough loss to Valley, I think PCC is gonna really bring their A game.

PCC-20
LC-8
This should be a fairly close game. You don't know if your going to get the PCC team that gets beat by SV or the one that chokes for everybody else. Result is the same in both cases I guess.
Looks like Merchant had his hands all over the ball, and it didn't help them. Fact is the O-line did not show up the last game. Get back to the basis, block the first guy you come too, and that will give your QB a little time. Then the rock can be share with everyone.
EyesInTheStands Wrote:Looks like Merchant had his hands all over the ball, and it didn't help them. Fact is the O-line did not show up the last game. Get back to the basis, block the first guy you come too, and that will give your QB a little time. Then the rock can be share with everyone.

Blocking was the major problem, but, I assure you that Merchant had the ball fewer than 10 times on offense. Its also not about sharing the ball. They tried enough of that. Its about moving the ball...and PC really struggled doing that. They do need to get back to the basics.....blocking and tackling. But, until they do that, they need to keep it simple and run the ball from under center with their best players.
What # is merchant?
Leslie County 27
Pike County Central 14
I like Leslie County in this one. Merchant will probley have a big game for the Hawks, but I still like the Eagles.

Leslie Co- 26
Pike Central- 20
TakeItToTheHouse/The2nd Wrote:What # is merchant?

he is # 5
I saw #5 play against Shelby Valley he didn't look very impressive. Does anyone know his stats for that game.
Two years ago (Merchant's sophomore year) although in a losing effort, he carried the ball with great success rushing for over 250 yards (correct me if I'm wrong) and now with the new offense he seemed to be no factor in the game against Shelby Valley....I can't understand why he is not in the backfield....Then if you wanna throw the ball to him, run a little bubble route, or something of that sort.....I have all the respect for this coaching staff in the world, but this just makes no sense to me at all.....Rolleyes
It's pretty sad when you have to go back 2 years to find a good game to talk about for a player, two years ago they also had Mr. Varney who drew alot of attention and created opportunities for #5 because most of the D was looking for him. IMO, he needs to run the ball more North & South toward the end zones, for the hawks to have a successful running game. He had over 200 yards but about 150 of that was running to the sidelines trying to get outside. He's too quick to be doing that, just cut back against the grain and big things will open.
EyesInTheStands Wrote:It's pretty sad when you have to go back 2 years to find a good game to talk about for a player, two years ago they also had Mr. Varney who drew alot of attention and created opportunities for #5 because most of the D was looking for him. IMO, he needs to run the ball more North & South toward the end zones, for the hawks to have a successful running game. He had over 200 yards but about 150 of that was running to the sidelines trying to get outside. He's too quick to be doing that, just cut back against the grain and big things will open.

The reason I went back two years is because that's when Merchant played halfback....He was the QB last year......
Football Frenzy Wrote:The reason I went back two years is because that's when Merchant played halfback....He was the QB last year......

Also, he had other big games at halfback, but I was talking strictly about the Shelby Valley matchup....
OK, I see where ya coming from.
EyesInTheStands Wrote:OK, I see where ya coming from.

Sorry, I should've clarified my statement