•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Greer Named Corbin Coach
the pieces are falling together to put corbin back in the saddle as a contender....
a good qb in combs, multiple receivers in mills and patterson, with longmire in the backfield..... a killer defensive coaching staff. tons of athletes and one mindset... watch out 4a.
KEEPITREAL Wrote:the pieces are falling together to put corbin back in the saddle as a contender....
a good qb in combs, multiple receivers in mills and patterson, with longmire in the backfield..... a killer defensive coaching staff. tons of athletes and one mindset... watch out 4a.
That’s right, it’s going to be awesome!
Whitley is going to need to change a lot then. Losing that much of your staff is tough
UCfan1 Wrote:Whitley is going to need to change a lot then. Losing that much of your staff is tough
change what?
That much staff??? Need we remember we started from scratch last season. Loosing Mills and Mouser hurts but we have a strong foundation still there and look for them to continue to grow.
Colonel Fan Wrote:That much staff??? Need we remember we started from scratch last season. Loosing Mills and Mouser hurts but we have a strong foundation still there and look for them to continue to grow.

Losing Mills hurts Whitley. They were sound defensively last season and got better as the year went on.
Colonel Fan Wrote:That much staff??? Need we remember we started from scratch last season. Loosing Mills and Mouser hurts but we have a strong foundation still there and look for them to continue to grow.
I don't know who Whitley has on staff. seems like everything is always top secret Smile
is corona virus shutting this site down?
pjdoug Wrote:is corona virus shutting this site down?

I know you’re joking. But I started thinking, with people doing tela-work, people being at home, and everything else, will our internet infrastructure be able to keep up with it all. The sheer volume and bandwidth that’s about to take place in the weeks to come will stress the system out. But we shall see I guess.

Sorry I know that’s wayyyy off topic from the thread but it’s something to think about.
Hound05 Wrote:I know you’re joking. But I started thinking, with people doing tela-work, people being at home, and everything else, will our internet infrastructure be able to keep up with it all. The sheer volume and bandwidth that’s about to take place in the weeks to come will stress the system out. But we shall see I guess.

Sorry I know that’s wayyyy off topic from the thread but it’s something to think about.
You have a good point. This area already ain't connected like it should be.its crazy that you can drive from Williamsburg to Pine Knot or Pineville ot Whitley City to Somerset etc. without having phone service.
I also heard Seth wanted to play football in college and made the decision to not play QB but to play a skill position and possibly defense as well in order to make that dream possible. If that is true, then that is one seriously mature decision by a young man still in high school and is the type of team. Either way, Corbin just picked up another great coach and another great athlete to add to the team.
I will admit I was very skeptical of any kind of internal hire being the best thing for the program but having talked to many players on the team, it would seem I was wrong. The players say the team is working harder than ever before in the weight room and they couldn’t be happier with their new head coach.
^^ Hahaha ^^
In my opinion, Greer stepped into a "well oiled machine" that was built by Haddix. Justin completely changed the culture at Corbin, for the better. Greer inherits a team with a ton of young talent and experience. At the end of the day, Greer saw the opportunity and jumped on it. I believe Corbin will compete for a state title this year and for the foreseeable future.
Cat Daddy Wrote:In my opinion, Greer stepped into a "well oiled machine" that was built by Haddix. Justin completely changed the culture at Corbin, for the better. Greer inherits a team with a ton of young talent and experience. At the end of the day, Greer saw the opportunity and jumped on it. I believe Corbin will compete for a state title this year and for the foreseeable future.

Did Greer play on a State Championship team before Haddix was thought of? Smile . Neither one has won a State Championship as head coach.
I wonder if Corbin would be on their 37 year drought if Coach Larry “Cotten” Adams was still there?
[quote=pjdoug]Did Greer play on a State Championship team before Haddix was thought of? Smile . Neither one has won a State Championship as head coach.[/QUOTE

So, what does this have to do with Greer stepping into a great situation, that was built by Haddix?
Cat Daddy Wrote:[quote=pjdoug]Did Greer play on a State Championship team before Haddix was thought of? Smile . Neither one has won a State Championship as head coach.[/QUOTE

So, what does this have to do with Greer stepping into a great situation, that was built by Haddix?

I'm pretty sure Haddix didn't do everything by himself at Corbin, and he has never won a state championship and probably never will, so not much to crow about Confusednicker:
I’ve had casual conversation over the last few months with several close to the program. What I gathered from those conversations is last year without Greer practice planning, preparation, organization, speed and game planning were not near what they had been the years before. Was this because Greer wasn’t there?
footballfever Wrote:I’ve had casual conversation over the last few months with several close to the program. What I gathered from those conversations is last year without Greer practice planning, preparation, organization, speed and game planning were not near what they had been the years before. Was this because Greer wasn’t there?

Losing both Greer and Mills had to hurt. Both can be called battle tested veterans that definitely get a team prepared.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)