Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 41 Murray 6
Well for all those that told me it wouldn’t be a running clock, you were right. We needed 1 more point.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well for all those that told me it wouldn’t be a running clock, you were right. We needed 1 more point.

Your record in running clock predictions......well, it's not been good this season. Congrats on the win. You did get that one right.
Murray QB Utley, broke his wrist and is out for the season sadly
A couple of important side notes to the game:

Murray's star QB Hunter Utley suffered an undisclosed injury late in 2nd quarter and didn't return to the game. Not sure what, if any, future implications this may have going into the playoffs. Needless to say, they need his playmaking ability if they expect to make any type playoff run.

Mayfield's MLB/RB Markeisio Jackson had 2 unsportsmanlike penalties and will have to sit out next weeks game with Madisonville. Jackson's an important piece of the offense in short yardage situations, but, is even more important in the middle of that Cardinal D.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:A couple of important side notes to the game:

Murray's star QB Hunter Utley suffered an undisclosed injury late in 2nd quarter and didn't return to the game. Not sure what, if any, future implications this may have going into the playoffs. Needless to say, they need his playmaking ability if they expect to make any type playoff run.

Mayfield's MLB/RB Markeisio Jackson had 2 unsportsmanlike penalties and will have to sit out next weeks game with Madisonville. Jackson's an important piece of the offense in short yardage situations, but, is even more important in the middle of that Cardinal D.

Regarding Jackson, the 2nd may have been legit, I don't know. That 1st one was just straight bull.
Kracken Wrote:Regarding Jackson, the 2nd may have been legit, I don't know. That 1st one was just straight bull.

I'd much rather see the automatic ejection be for contact personal fouls rather than unsportsmanlike calls. They ate way too subjective and oftentimes of the offsetting variety.
Refs were horrible, hate the QB got hurt for HIS sake. Murray, as always is classless, and dirty.
walt longmire Wrote:i'd much rather see the automatic ejection be for contact personal fouls rather than unsportsmanlike calls. They ate way too subjective and oftentimes of the offsetting variety.

absolutely
rookie57 Wrote:absolutely

And really, if someone dances twice, spikes a ball or signals a first down, is that really more damaging than a guy that roughs the passer a couple of times, hits another guy out of bounds and roughs the kicker? That guy stays in the game. B
I saw a first tonight as a back judge was trying to entice the crowd as he turned and made hand jester to the heckling fans. Should been flagged for unofficial like conduct.
25 penalties between the 2 teams
I would say the 1st penalty against Jackson on the hit on Utley was unnecessary roughness not a unsportsmanlike penalty, the second one, I don't know.

That will be the last time we see Murray, no Utley equals a 1st round loss to Caldwell.
Congrats to Cards. Rolling into playoffs.
Mayfield
Galbreath rushed 16 times for 119 yards.
Jaden Stinson was 11 of 19 for 245 yards and 3 TD
Kade Neely caught 5 passes for 179 yards and 3 TD

Murray
Utley was 4-14-41-2 INT
McCallister rushed 27 times for 156 yards
I didn’t get to attend. However, from what I listened to, it sounded like Jayden would have had another 100-200 yards passing if receivers would catch the ball.
Snakesnot Wrote:I would say the 1st penalty against Jackson on the hit on Utley was unnecessary roughness not a unsportsmanlike penalty, the second one, I don't know.

That will be the last time we see Murray, no Utley equals a 1st round loss to Caldwell.

I feel both plays warranted the calls in today’s game you can’t pick someone up and throw them down have to leave that in the WWE. I wasn’t close enough to hear what was said on the second call but could see the body language that was being used before the flag
CARDFAN16 Wrote:I feel both plays warranted the calls in today’s game you can’t pick someone up and throw them down have to leave that in the WWE. I wasn’t close enough to hear what was said on the second call but could see the body language that was being used before the flag

I agree, it was a penalty but not unsportsmanlike
North Hopkins is proving to be a tough out this year and also an away game.

Still think Mayfield takes it.
Losing the mlb will poss a problem. I think MHS can but, they can’t let up.
Mlb got tossed for 2 unsportsmanlike penalties in a row while murray lining up for XP. Mouthing and official got him twice. The hit or suplex was penalty but had nothing to do with ejection. From what i was told that the reason that kick off was a 30 yard penalty.
I remember a time when MHS would not tolerate that no matter who you are.
Leahy, Joe David Smith and Counts would have met you on the field with that behavior and you would not have to worry about a suspension you would be out for a few games on top of “conditioning “ I still remember the touchdown rule #1 Give the ball to the ref#2 sit the ball down
WestRedWings Wrote:Mlb got tossed for 2 unsportsmanlike penalties in a row while murray lining up for XP. Mouthing and official got him twice. The hit or suplex was penalty but had nothing to do with ejection. From what i was told that the reason that kick off was a 30 yard penalty.

This makes the most sense. Thanks for the explanation.
No reason to not have rules.
Congrats Cards
doubt we see Murray again with the loss of Utley
Heard Jaiden Jackson was out as well.
Hate to hear that these guys careers may be done. They were having a pretty good season.