Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 28 Simon Kenton 7
SK with 3 turnovers really hurt them.
Congrats to Highlands
So what is the argument we will hear?That the 4th quarter does not count so the score was really not as bad as it looks, or how well the 14 year old did against the older, more experienced competition even though he had a rough outing.
3 turnovers? Wow. That can do it
It was 14 to 7 in the 4th qtr.
2 SJ turnovers in the 4th resulted in 2 quick scores for Highlands.
UK1fan Wrote:https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/...SRjsFljRxM

Remember that time you predicted Simon Kenton would win 36-14? Also, Scott scored more points against Highlands that SK did. I thought this was a team “loaded with seniors”? Not a Good look for SK......troubling times ahead.
Turnovers will cost you the game.
UK1fan Wrote:It was 14 to 7 in the 4th qtr.
So what? It was also 28-7 in the 4th! Whose fault is it that SK players can't go full on for 4 quarters? All of those turnovers were caused by highlands making football plays and SK being forced into mistakes. Your freshman qb, who you constantly hype, threw 2 picks and lost a fumble because he got hit and was pressured by a good defense.
SK JV win 38 to 35.
We'll see how the freshman game goes on Thursday. The 1st meetup this season, the Birds rolled them hard. I predict the same result this time.
I only listen to the audio of the game but sound like the highlands coaching had a lot of questionable decision making during the game
JustADad Wrote:We'll see how the freshman game goes on Thursday. The 1st meetup this season, the Birds rolled them hard. I predict the same result this time.

SK Freshman I believe have won one game.
A good defense 😂
I’m impressed the game was so close.
UK1fan Wrote:SK Freshman I believe have won one game.

Seriously? They lost 30-6 to the Birds in that game.
Nice win for Highlands. Congrats.
They beat Campbell County.
Highlands Baby Birds beat Simon Kenton's Frosh tonight, 45-32. SK, to their credit, battled to the end. With the score 45-16 they kept their starters in against the Highlands 2nd and 3rd stringers to get two late scores.
JustADad Wrote:Highlands Baby Birds beat Simon Kenton's Frosh tonight, 45-32. SK, to their credit, battled to the end. With the score 45-16 they kept their starters in against the Highlands 2nd and 3rd stringers to get two late scores.

I heard highlands 3/4 grade team got boat raced by Cov caths 3/4 grade cyf team last night 36-6....and it could have been much worse if cch hadn’t played their reserves the entire second half. Cmon now. None of this matters. Things change drastically year to year.
JustADad Wrote:Highlands Baby Birds beat Simon Kenton's Frosh tonight, 45-32. SK, to their credit, battled to the end. With the score 45-16 they kept their starters in against the Highlands 2nd and 3rd stringers to get two late scores.

Things might have been different if the 3 Freshman on the varsity roster suited up for the Freshman game for SK.
You have a point
Woodsman Wrote:I heard highlands 3/4 grade team got boat raced by Cov caths 3/4 grade cyf team last night 36-6....and it could have been much worse if cch hadn’t played their reserves the entire second half. Cmon now. None of this matters. Things change drastically year to year.

I only bring this Freshman score up because the another member brought up the JV score and constantly makes excuses for SK losses and under performance. ie: how things might have been different if SK had a different team on the field for the game. I just get tired of the act.
JustADad Wrote:I only bring this Freshman score up because the another member brought up the JV score and constantly makes excuses for SK losses and under performance. ie: how things might have been different if SK had a different team on the field for the game. I just get tired of the act.

Move along troll!
JustADad Wrote:I only bring this Freshman score up because the another member brought up the JV score and constantly makes excuses for SK losses and under performance. ie: how things might have been different if SK had a different team on the field for the game. I just get tired of the act.

Gotcha.