Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berea 44 Caverna 21
Final from Berea.

Timmy Thompson 5 TD runs, 1 INT.

Berea controlled line of scrimmage whole game. All three Caverna scores were big plays. First was a big run, other two were CBs going for INTs.
Pirates rolling. Pikeville where are you?
E's Army Wrote:Pirates rolling. Pikeville where are you?

Love the enthusiasm but let's pump the brakes. These Pirates are still learning how to win. Gave up two touchdowns today just because they were being a little undisciplined. Right now, I am hoping we keep this momentum rolling into a home playoff game.
Larry Thacker for coach of the year
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Larry Thacker for coach of the year

Hush it! Lol Don't need anyone getting any bright ideas and trying to take anyone away from this coaching staff. I have a 7th grader and im hoping Stepp, Thacker and all of these coaches are still there through his senior year. He has done a great job this season though, I agree with you.
Larry isn’t going anywhere...awesome guy and that school really likes him.
Way to go Berea!
Congrats Berea.
bball_fan Wrote:Hush it! Lol Don't need anyone getting any bright ideas and trying to take anyone away from this coaching staff. I have a 7th grader and im hoping Stepp, Thacker and all of these coaches are still there through his senior year. He has done a great job this season though, I agree with you.

Have never heard of Thacker, but there is no way that Stepp stays at Berea for the long haul. Stepp usually builds and then leaves. The guy can coach, but he just does not hang around anywhere for very long. I watched what he did at Clay County and I never could understand why he left one of the top qb's in the state during his senior year.

I did hear from a former college buddy of mine from EKU that if the Berea job opens up in the future that there was a former Madison Southern coach named Busler or Bueller that would be next in line. Either way, the Pirates are having a great early season success and I hope in continues.
I'm impressed. The pulse is strong and the Pirates' program has pulled a Lazarus. I was worried the program was going to be shut down two years ago. No wins in quite a while, the stadium was condemned and the only football spirit in Berea was in the colors of orange and blue....not black and white. I'm really impressed with what this little group has done to turn things around so quickly. I know that the teams they are beating aren't championship caliber before some troll decides to try a quick hit and run comment on the program, but, as a former Pirate I'm glad to see these kids get a little taste of success after so much despair over the years. Rock on boys! Go Pirates!
papagrit Wrote:I'm impressed. The pulse is strong and the Pirates' program has pulled a Lazarus. I was worried the program was going to be shut down two years ago. No wins in quite a while, the stadium was condemned and the only football spirit in Berea was in the colors of orange and blue....not black and white. I'm really impressed with what this little group has done to turn things around so quickly. I know that the teams they are beating aren't championship caliber before some troll decides to try a quick hit and run comment on the program, but, as a former Pirate I'm glad to see these kids get a little taste of success after so much despair over the years. Rock on boys! Go Pirates!

I feel the same as you and always glad to see a Berea or Jenkins get a win. Some people don't realize that these boys work just as hard as the boys on the top ranked teams.
I think all of Madison County is happy for Berea...it’s good to have the competitive juices going.
PBR Wrote:Have never heard of Thacker, but there is no way that Stepp stays at Berea for the long haul. Stepp usually builds and then leaves. The guy can coach, but he just does not hang around anywhere for very long. I watched what he did at Clay County and I never could understand why he left one of the top qb's in the state during his senior year.

I did hear from a former college buddy of mine from EKU that if the Berea job opens up in the future that there was a former Madison Southern coach named Busler or Bueller that would be next in line. Either way, the Pirates are having a great early season success and I hope in continues.

Not a chance busler is the next coach at berea he left berea this year for southern
PBR Wrote:Have never heard of Thacker, but there is no way that Stepp stays at Berea for the long haul. Stepp usually builds and then leaves. The guy can coach, but he just does not hang around anywhere for very long. I watched what he did at Clay County and I never could understand why he left one of the top qb's in the state during his senior year.

I think there are way too many factors to keep him put this time. Just me personally, I really believe him.and his brother are a packaged deal and he will be here as long as Damien is coaching girls basketball. As for next in line, if Stepp does leave anytime soon, Larry Thacker will get the job the day Aaron steps down. But for now, Stepp in our coach and has no reason to leave.
pjdoug Wrote:I feel the same as you and always glad to see a Berea or Jenkins get a win. Some people don't realize that these boys work just as hard as the boys on the top ranked teams.

Berea is a prime example that coaching staffs win ball games in high school. Their enrollment is roughly the same size as Pikeville, both of which are pushing the 2A limit. Big.difference in comparing those two schools in the last ten years. Lately though, Berea has made a choice to stand behind their athletics rather than standing behind only their academics. Boys and girls basketball is developing and finding good success in the state's toughest region. Volleyball is doing the same. Now football is stepping up their game. The talent and athletes are there, both in middle school and high school, to big a successful athletic department across the board.
is thacker the same larry thacker that coached at pikeville high school, pike central and taylor county?
I’m always glad to see a small school get a win. Great job Berea.