Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestsonsburg Looking At Forming Independent School District
This would be an interesting move.

https://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Presto...39441.html
I've said this since Floyd Central became a rumor. If you look dead center of Floyd County. you have Floyd Central High School. So I believed Pburg would become independent because of being in the city and Betsy Layne no longer exists and it becomes a middle school and those high school kids go to FCHS
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:I've said this since Floyd Central became a rumor. If you look dead center of Floyd County. you have Floyd Central High School. So I believed Pburg would become independent because of being in the city and Betsy Layne no longer exists and it becomes a middle school and those high school kids go to FCHS

Will Floyd Central have to expand or are facilities already big enough to accommodate the extra students?
Westside Wrote:Will Floyd Central have to expand or are facilities already big enough to accommodate the extra students?

This is the question I asked. I can neither confirm nor deny if they are. Never been in the facility.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
When I first heard of the Floyd Central rumor around 2006-2007, the rumor was Prestonsburg would go independent and Betsy Layne would have merged with the other two schools into Floyd Central.

I know the first year of the school, they had some classrooms that sat empty. I would imagine they could take the kids from Betsy Layne as well, but I am not certain about that.

At the same time, money was spent to build Betsy Layne High School a new gym, which is basically a carbon copy of Floyd Central's gym. Personally, if they were going to close Betsy Layne High School, then I dont believe they would have built them a new gym when the Dome is still serviceable.