3.tate cox
4.zach gay
5.stuart stamper
6.chris puckett
7. travis smith
8. jason kelly
9. micheal campbell
10. jared amburgey
tate cox and michael campbell are not seniors.....
ohh my bad i went for top players in general
Adam McIntosh at Owsley
Mine goes in this order
1. Zach Gay
2.Clark Stepp
3.Chris Puckett
4.Zach Hurt
5.Travis Smith
6.Trey Short
7.Jason Kelly
8.Justin Hollon
9.Eric Combs or Jarrod Ambrubgey
10.Josh Taylor is he plays if not the kid from Owsley.
1. Gay
2. Puckett
3. Travis Smith
4. Jason Kelly
5. Zach Hurt
6. Adam McIntosh
7. Clark Stepp
Blake Christopher from Estill is easily top 5 seniors in the 14th this year and probably top 5 out of all players. He averaged 18 pts and 5 assists per game for the engineers last year.
If you do not have Clark as Number 1 then it is just because you hold something against him or JBS, just like here in the 15th if people do not have Landon Slone as number 1 it is just because they hate paintsville.
Puckett is worthy as well. He just doesn't get the pub that Clark gets. Make him 1A.
I agree you can have someone 1a and maybe even a 1b but i have seen list with clark 7th or 3rd andso on. just think those are the people who do not like JBS and the Stepps. But he can play like it or not. I really do not like it but I know he is as good as there is in the 14th.
meganwillis10 Wrote:If you do not have Clark as Number 1 then it is just because you hold something against him or JBS, just like here in the 15th if people do not have Landon Slone as number 1 it is just because they hate paintsville.

Do what? Are you pointing that at me? Well let me see. Clark scores, OK. Gay, Puckett, Smith, Kelly, Hurt, McIntosh, score also. But, they also rebound, play def., team first, and here is the big on, they pass the ball. Clark, shoots, shoots, shoots, and shoots. You must have something against all the other players or their schools on the my list besides Clark and JBS.
meganwillis10 Wrote:I agree you can have someone 1a and maybe even a 1b but i have seen list with clark 7th or 3rd andso on. just think those are the people who do not like JBS and the Stepps. But he can play like it or not. I really do not like it but I know he is as good as there is in the 14th.

There is more to basketball besides scoring. Try rebounding, passing the ball, a little def., and team play. He is pretty good for a person that should be a Soph. in college.
I know their are more then just scoring trust me. I have played at theat high level. but he does a little of everything but everyone thinks he should be in college but wrong he should be in high school. He is the best in the 14th hands down.
Any of these kids playing summer ball?
You could probably throw Devon Pelfrey in there from Powell..that is if he plays..Heard he was better than Romans in the paint. Crashes the boards like no other.
Did anyone see the district game between jbs and jenkins? Tell me Puckett didnt put on a show against Stepp? Nothing personal against Stepp, but Puckett is imo a better OVERALL (pass, dribble, shoot, rebound and defense) player then Stepp with a lot weaker team. And if Pucket had the company around him that Stepp has his name would be just as big or bigger. I mena come on JBS has a tremendous TEAM and whether or not you like them. My only question about Puckett is if he can be that good day in and day out. Both good players and im only making giving my opinion, since I have watched both play many times against
various teams.
But heres my list
1. Puckett(weak team support)
2. Zach Hurt (most unrated player in region)
3. Stepp (good player on a very good team)
4. Hollon(put on a show in all star game)
4. Gay (great atletic, weak fundamentals)
5 . Kelly (hard nose)
6. Mcintosh (no real exposure)
7. Davidson (if can hit jump shot in top five)
8. Smith (good big man with some skills lacks speed and athleticism)
9. Eric Combs from Cordia could be a sleeper
10. They say the kid from Estill is good, but ive not personally seen him play
its hard to compare stepp and gay two different types of basketball styles being played two different positions. gay doestn shoot as well as stepp stepp doesnt rebound block shots or dunk as good as gay. yeah clark gets more attention because of his high scoring ability but bot gay and stepp can put their teams on there back and carry them. but i thank gay is a more complete player and leader than stepp jmo stepp is out for his and gay is out for his teams
Puckett Is Better Than Stepp. He Proved That In District
wildcatsbaby Wrote:Puckett Is Better Than Stepp. He Proved That In District

who won the game and who made the last second shot
nuff said
Grand Slam Wrote:who won the game and who made the last second shot
nuff said
So if you make the last shot and your team wins then that person is the best player?
The thread was best senior in the upcoming year, not the top team, thats a whole different story. Zach Hurt is easlily top 3, but not enough surrounding help same as Puckett.
let them play one on one and clark will show everyone he is the best
I'm not putting anyone down about anything, but who in the world is Chris Pucket, i've never heard of the boy...
I would also add Josh Reed, and Matt Wright from owsley Co. together they'll be a force to be reckon' with.....
And1 Wrote:Cox will not be a senior...this is a senior thread Big Grin

if he had not stayed back two years he would have been a senior.
sassy Wrote:if he had not stayed back two years he would have been a senior.
He actually should be a junior. Since you mentioned it look at the list of names and see how many of these did not stay back at least one year. I would say just a couple of them,
uk96 Wrote:He actually should be a junior. Since you mentioned it look at the list of names and see how many of these did not stay back at least one year. I would say just a couple of them,

he would have been a senior this year, he stayed back 2 years.
Cory Brewer from powell county. IMO he should have played last year too