Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Round Playoff Blowouts
None of you going to bring up all the 2nd round blowouts? Very few close games in round 2.
Why talk about it?
plantmanky Wrote:None of you going to bring up all the 2nd round blowouts? Very few close games in round 2.
What is there to talk about? It's the system that's set up. Don't want a blow out? Work hard, invest in off season strength and conditioning, develop the feeder programs with an emphasis on coaches actually coaching and playing ALL their players to develop skill sets. That is how programs get better.
I can't remember which poster said it or what thread it was even on, but someone said that this week was the beginning of the real playoffs and I am inclined to agree with their opinion. The quality of competition really steps up from here on out.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I can't remember which poster said it or what thread it was even on, but someone said that this week was the beginning of the real playoffs and I am inclined to agree with their opinion. The quality of competition really steps up from here on out.

I agree with this! I just don’t want yet another thread where people talk about how they want four classs and less people making the playoffs.We forget that this is a game for kids and as an adult I want all these young men to play as many games as they can because real life is coming.Once these kids play their final down they never put on pads again, for most of them anyways! If it’s week two and you just got blown out guess what...you played 12 games this year.Good job...now keep getting better and maybe you will get 13 games next year! Let them play
I agree. More football is a good thing for Kentucky high school football players. Limiting playoff participation just gives a bigger advantage in the future to the teams that do participate. Teams that make deep runs in the playoffs already return more experienced players for the next season (more games = more practices).

I know that I am in the minority, but I would like to see Kentucky adopt Indiana's playoff system where every team participates in the playoffs, just as every Kentucky basketball team does.

If Warren Central wins another state title, it will be not be an unworthy Indiana state champion because every team in its class "made" the playoffs. Indiana's system works and it rewards teams that play challenging regular season games against larger schools, like Cathedral and Bishop Chatard do every season, and let's coaches focus on improving one week at a time.

Indiana also does not have a running clock rule. That means that there are more game minutes available for teams to build depth during the regular season. My guess is that there is little difference in the percentage of "running clock" scores between Kentucky and Indiana. Good coaches lock up wins and then reward kids for practicing hard every day with some playing time. A running clock limits a coach's ability to do that.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I can't remember which poster said it or what thread it was even on, but someone said that this week was the beginning of the real playoffs and I am inclined to agree with their opinion. The quality of competition really steps up from here on out.

I agree but I bet the kids who played in the earlier playoff games are glad they got that chance. Plus without those games the season would be over next week. Football schools like to play football.
Don't get me wrong folks, I once played on one of the teams that was lucky to even make the playoffs and got blasted when we did, but I loved the extra football and still do. I was just saying that starting in this round, the good teams are about all that is left, no cakewalk games for most teams starting in this round.