Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County at Breathitt County 10/12
Pirates travel up the mountain parkway to take on the Bobcats of Breathitt County. This one is for the district championship and to see who gets 1 & 2 seeds.

I think Powell will be too much for the Bobcats.
Powell really has not beaten anyone of 🎵 but neither has Breathitt. Powell has beaten Lawrence County and acknowledging LC does have several wins those wins have been against very weak competition so LC is no powerhouse themselves. At first look I 💭 PC by 10+ but there are things that could play into this game that could impact the outcome. Good
🎲 to both teams and I just 🙏 neither team has any serious injuries because this game will be ultimately the only chance either 🏫 has to play for a title in 2018 and it is a district title. So may as well lay it all on the line.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

You forgetting, Powell went on the road and defeated Garrard County?

Breathitt has beaten Prestonsburg (who is having an awful year) 41-8....Leslie County 22-19... then the district wins, Knott, Estill and Morgan

Powell has beaten Garrard County 21-20 (@ Garrard), West Carter 31-27, Lawrence County

Breathitt beat Knott 30-0 @ Breathitt, Powell beat Knott 46-14 @ Knott

Breathitt beat Estill 40-22 @ Estill, Powell beat Estill 43-22 @ Powell

This should be one of the better games this coming week in the mountains. Hopefully it's a good and injury free game without the field being a big ole sloppy joe Confusednicker:
I expect this to be a high scoring game. :popcorn:

Powell County 49
Breathitt County 35
Strikeout King Wrote:You forgetting, Powell went on the road and defeated Garrard County?

Breathitt has beaten Prestonsburg (who is having an awful year) 41-8....Leslie County 22-19... then the district wins, Knott, Estill and Morgan

Powell has beaten Garrard County 21-20 (@ Garrard), West Carter 31-27, Lawrence County

This should be one of the better games this coming week in the mountains. Hopefully it's a good and injury free game without the field being a big ole sloppy joe Confusednicker:
Did not forget Garrard County. They have 2 wins in 2018. They have played a very difficult schedule as compared to many.

I believe this will be a good game. I just hope the Pirates get off the bus ready to go.
Powell- 40 Breathitt- 28
This one will be a dog fight.

Powell- 38
Breathitt- 28
I've been waiting for this game since I watched breathitt play earlier this season. Both teams come in with a great chance to win breathitt and Powell both beat estill by relatively the same score breathitt plays very physical and plays til the end Powell has a great run game and happens to be very versatile on who can carry the ball. I'm gonna say a toss up between who wants it more. There's one thing however that gives breathitt the edge and thats because the game is on the riverbank. Excited to see who wins.
PSA:

If you sit on the visitor side bring bug spray. I stood over there a few weeks ago for about 45 minutes and was miserable for about 2 weeks afterwards. Mosquitoes are everywhere on that side. Believe me, if nothing else, listen to me on this. Mosquitoes swarm on the visitor's side.

I think powell has the slight edge on offense and breathitt has the slight edge on defense. With that said I don't think either team will stop each other that much. 56-48 Powell pirates
Bobcats on the riverbank versus the Powell county Pirates. Should be a good game but i think the pirates walk in with a big head like they did against estill and let the Bobcats get the win. I'll take the Bobcats on the riverbank 40 34
Powell came out a little flat against Estill, if they do that to this Breatthit team a lot of people will be eating crow. I believe powell’s seniors come out with it all on the line. Tough game on the riverbank but i think powell walks away district champs! 46-32
Strikeout King Wrote:You forgetting, Powell went on the road and defeated Garrard County?

Scrimmaging against Garrard...they are a solid, but not close to a spectacular win. A top 7 or 8 team should beat Garrard by a couple of TDs. I'm not sure what all factors were involved in this particular game, other than it being a road game. I do feel Powell is a really solid team though, and I don't know much about Breathitt this year, other than it seems they are a bit better than maybe the last couple of years. Still not the Breathitt I remember from a decade or 2 ago.
Powell County by 7.
Powell better be 2 Td's better, because they 2 behind when they get off the bus. Breathitt has gotten better all season long. I think they take that big step and beat Powell in a tight game 35-34.
Big Game with District Title on the line!
IMO Powell will get off the bus focused
and ready to play. Breathitt won't have a answer for the Pirates running game and just when they think they do Pirates go to the air. I also think Powell's Defense puts pressure on the Bobcat's quarterback and gets him discombobulated. Long night for Breathitt... Powell makes it look easier then it should be. #GoPirates
Rooting for the cats but I can’t put my money on them yet.. Breathitt is slowly getting better but not a force yet.
I'm going with Powell County.
Breathitt has a chance to make believers out of all of us.
E's Army Wrote:Breathitt has a chance to make believers out of all of us.

Breathitt has improved but they have improved from bad to average. Powell is average also so this should be a good game between two average mid level 3a teams. I think PC wins by a couple scores.

Not a whole lot of talk going on for more than likely the District Championship game. How’s the riverbank gonna look tommorow night?
Bigdog54 Wrote:Not a whole lot of talk going on for more than likely the District Championship game. How’s the riverbank gonna look tommorow night?

Field conditions are usually good. Going to be be cool. Light jacket weather. Only complaint I have is the visiting side and the mosquitoes. So bring bug repellant if you sit on the visiting side. I look for a good crowd as this will be the biggest game for both teams this entire season. Neither team haave good odds of making a run past the first few rounds of the playoffs so this is it. District title or bust in 2018.

The Pirates will swab the deck with the Bobcats tonight!

Powell County - 35

Breathitt County - 21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON