Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co 72 Clay Co 14 Final
WhyLie Wrote:Bobcats beat Corbin next week. Offense has improved enough for the win. We will have some trouble with the Hounds offense but will out score them. Bobcats by 7

This thread is about bell and clay, you gotta win a quality game before you think you can play with the hounds.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:This thread is about bell and clay, you gotta win a quality game before you think you can play with the hounds.

If Corbin is so dominant how many state championships have they won in the past 3 years? Past decade? Past 2 decades? 3 decades? 🤐🤫
Hacksaw Wrote:If Corbin is so dominant how many state championships have they won in the past 3 years? Past decade? Past 2 decades? 3 decades? 🤐🤫

It’s funny that everyone remark is about state titles, but you’ll drop 72 on a clay team that our jv beat earlier in the week 40-7 and now you can beat us. Come on man. Friday it will all get worked out and you will see where you truly are.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I love Dudley hilton.
IMO best high school football coach in kentucky high school history

Great coach no doubt....but not the best.
BellMiddle Wrote:They are definitely contenders. Let’s get over the fact that Bell is good. 7-0 that’s talented at the least. Dudley didn’t run he score up either. The jv scored 3 touchdowns in the 4th quarter of a running clock. This team is for real. Next week is the test though. Bell county is a great team... but now they have a chance to show they are an amazing team. Trust me dudley will show up to play. Not guaranteeing a win but the Cats will show up.

So they can beat Central, Belfry, Boyle, Corbin?

You have beaten ONE team with a winning record. 1
Nobody ran up the score 2 punts returned for td 1 kickoff returned to clays 2 yard line resulting in td JV scores 3 or 4 times add it up nobody ran the score up
Congrats to the Bobcats on the win
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:It’s funny that everyone remark is about state titles, but you’ll drop 72 on a clay team that our jv beat earlier in the week 40-7 and now you can beat us. Come on man. Friday it will all get worked out and you will see where you truly are.

so because our jv scored at will and stopped them on d I guess you should tell you young kids hey boys when you get in a varsity game just go thru the motions:Clap:
Going to be a long week. Can't we all just get along.
[quote=BobcatForever]so because our jv scored at will and stopped them on d I guess you should tell you young kids hey boys when you get in a varsity game just go thru the motions:Clap:[/QUOTE

Our young guys are just fine, but you should know that I believe they met up last week at bell. 28-7 at bell
Gentlemen, may I please suggest that you take this discussion to the appropriate thread, which was started over a week ago.

Thank you!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Gentlemen, may I please suggest that you take this discussion to the appropriate thread, which was started over a week ago.

Thank you!!!

yes mam but mine was on correct thread I was referring to our jv against clay not theirs it seem liked score was run up but wasn't jv scored 3 or 4 times but Thank you for keeping a check on things Granny:Thumbs:
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:It’s funny that everyone remark is about state titles, but you’ll drop 72 on a clay team that our jv beat earlier in the week 40-7 and now you can beat us. Come on man. Friday it will all get worked out and you will see where you truly are.

Clay has a good running back, can’t remember his number. Also should be a decent team from the size of the players. I think some of the problems are out of control of the players and will leave it at that. Bell’s jv scored quite a few points in the 3rd & 4th quarters.
Now with that said, why not answer the question? Corbin is a good team, won’t take that away from the players or coaches. But to the few fans that think Corbin is elite, your not Boyle, Belfry, Central or Bell. Those schools have won state championships in the last 30 years. 🤐🤫
I also have kept this in line with the thread.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:[quote=BobcatForever]so because our jv scored at will and stopped them on d I guess you should tell you young kids hey boys when you get in a varsity game just go thru the motions:Clap:[/QUOTE

Our young guys are just fine, but you should know that I believe they met up last week at bell. 28-7 at bell

Yes JV for bell under hilton means the freshman team with 2 or 3 sophomores that never dress varsity. No offense to those players. But as a guy in the stands, corbin had way more on the sidelines. We may have 20 players total on JV and we have 17 freshman if that says something. Coach hilton has 8 sophomores as varsity starters(7 on defense, 2 on offense, and one is a two way player). So if our JV scores 3 touchdowns, our freshman scored 3 touchdowns.
72 points is Impressive, and the win against Casey County last week was impressive as well..It looks as though Bell County is back as a force to be reckoned with in Class 3A.. As a Rockcastle fan it's a little worrisome to know that we will again fall back to 3A next year and play the Bobcats from Log mountain.. In years past we some great games against Bell.. They had some great teams with Dudley then and we only managed to beat then a couple times, but playing them made us better for it.. Dudley Hilton is without question a great HS football coach.. I believe this game will be a toss up. very possible upset..
BobcatForever Wrote:yes mam but mine was on correct thread I was referring to our jv against clay not theirs it seem liked score was run up but wasn't jv scored 3 or 4 times but Thank you for keeping a check on things Granny:Thumbs:

Confusednicker:

I know!! I was talking to my problem children! They know who they are!!
Hatz Wrote:So they can beat Central, Belfry, Boyle, Corbin?

You have beaten ONE team with a winning record. 1

THey played very well against us. We were without some key starters, but, still. THeir coach's said it was the best game they had played all season, and it was definitely our worst (a lot BECAUSE of Bell, and some because of execution). Having said that, I think Bell is a really good football team, top 5 in 3A. Are they ready for Belfry, Central, or Corbin? I don't know. I know they most likely aren't ready for Boyle, IF Boyle can get healthy. IF Boyle gets healthy, IMO, none of us are ready for them.
Granny Bear Wrote:Confusednicker:

I know!! I was talking to my problem children! They know who they are!!

:eyeroll:
Bell, IMO is making the right call here, they are not talking a lot on here (except a few fans), they are trying to quietly sneak in there, and be good. I much prefer not talking big, then proving you are big, and later you can watch other's eat crow. IMO I like what Bell is doing in that regard. Really out of these big programs, just having a couple of "chirpers" on both sides is pretty good. It could be a LOT worse. :-D
As bad as this game stung to this Clay County fan...There just wasn't anything Clay could do but hold still and take it. This was going to be a lopsided win for Bell, but I was hoping to see more grit and effort out of our boys than what was shown. When JV players were inserted for Bell, they just picked up where varsity left off. Tiger's spirit was broken and effort dropped off and that equals "beatdown". Watching Bell on film does no justice to their speed. Love him or hate him...Coach Helton has his squad hitting on all cylinders. Bell vs. Corbin has the potential to be an EPIC game.
Personally a beat down this bad does nothing positive for either team, IMO.

I hate that Clay had to sit still and take it.
Tigers have a long way to go, but not as far as it once was. Nothing a few more athletes couldn’t cure!
No truer words have ever been spoken Walter White