Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6A Jeffersontowm @ 3A Casey County 09/14/18
Thoughts and Predictions :popcorn:

Jeffersontown 2-2
Casey County 3-0
Casey 35
J-Town 21
J-Town has been competing with a few 6A teams this year and has 2 wins. Their roster is bigger this year and they have a man-beast at one of their D tackle spots. I'm not even predicting this game.
Casey County.
Casey County by 6
This game could go either way but something looks a little suspicious about scheduling a 6A team. With that said I'm taking the home team :popcorn:

Casey County 35
Jeffersontown 21
64SUR Wrote:This game could go either way but something looks a little suspicious about scheduling a 6A team. With that said I'm taking the home team :popcorn:

Casey County 35
Jeffersontown 21

I believe Stonebreaker coached at J-Town before Casey
smoke1015 Wrote:J-Town has been competing with a few 6A teams this year and has 2 wins. Their roster is bigger this year and they have a man-beast at one of their D tackle spots. I'm not even predicting this game.

I'll pick for you smoke (Casey Co)
Going with Casey 42-14
Rebels 28-14
Rebels staff is transforming them into a respectable program.
Rip/Spin Wrote:I believe Stonebreaker coached at J-Town before Casey
How good are they?
Casey county by 10
Casey by 21
I'll go along with everyone else and say Casey County.
I know very little about either team but the Casey County wins over Russell County and Campbellsville look slightly better than the J-town wins over Doss and Iroquois. Doss appears to be down a bit and Iroquois had one good season over several years. On that note I'll take Casey by 13
Casey Co schedule is worse than ours. I believe both teams are playing the best game tonight so far. Whitley best team that we’ve played and J-town will be best Casey has played so far
Casey 21
J-Town 0
10:04 left in the second
End of half
Casey 42
J-Town 14
Rebels win 56-22
Rip/Spin Wrote:I believe Stonebreaker coached at J-Town before Casey

Yep, that's the connection. Steve coached at J-Town before the move to Casey. J-Town has some very good athletes. Casey didn't play well tonight but a win is a win.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Casey Co schedule is worse than ours. I believe both teams are playing the best game tonight so far. Whitley best team that we’ve played and J-town will be best Casey has played so far
IMO, Bobcat, I think our toughest team so far was Campbellsville. J-Town has some decent athletes but Campbellsville has at least 5 kids that will play next level. Their problem is they just don't have enough solid backups to fill in for their really good starters. But Campbellsville would beat J-Town after playing them tonight. I was a little fearful of this game but really J-Town just didn't have the coaching that Campbellsville has.
pjdoug Wrote:How good are they?

Corbin in a running clock.

Casey Co has done a great job with scheduling and building a program but is nowhere near ready for the top 4 teams in 3A.
FoSho Wrote:Corbin in a running clock.

Casey Co has done a great job with scheduling and building a program but is nowhere near ready for the top 4 teams in 3A.

Anything is possible I guess...and you are somewhat informed however you may have missed the past 2 years of play between Casey and Corbin, which have been competitive despite what might be posted here. The regular season meeting a year and a half ago would have been 7-0 Corbin, or 0-0 had not an illegal deception play been called. And then 1 legit score against our starters in the 2nd half, with another score or 2 in the last 2 minutes with our QB basically just making desperation throws that turned to pick 6's. But that's part of the game. Corbin fans say they just didn't play well and weren't "up for the game". So in the playoffs I was told, on here, running clock by the half. At the half on a last second Casey field goal, Casey was down to Corbin 20-17...In the 4th Corbin's numbers and just flatout non mistake making decisions by Sizemore and Casey desperately trying to get within striking distance, Corbin goes up by 2 scores late in the 4th, Casey is wore out and cramping (=done). Last year regular season game, Corbin is better, Sizemore a year older, Estep a year older, Corbin aren't saying running clock last year because they may THINK that, but aren't wanting to jinx it. Casey goes into the 4th quarter, AT Corbin, tied up 14-14 with around 9 minutes to go. Both our starting corners get injured and Corbin goes up late but the Hounds have got the lead and never relinquish after controlling field position the entire 2nd half. Casey's corner who is also leading receiver can't get any type of separation in the 4th with the hobbled leg, game over. Running clock though??? 14-14 in the 4th quarter until the injuries and Corbin's ability to wear smaller teams down. This year, running clock? No idea. Corbin is at our house. Corbin is better, for sure. Estep is a year older, and even more explosive than before and a dual threat, big time. Casey doesn't know if they are better or not. Scheduling? We schedule well enough to get some tests. Campbellsville finished top 4 last year in their class and is a much better team last year. That was a test. Russell county was much improved, and Casey had never beaten them before until this last 3 or 4 year run. That's improvement. That's work by a lot of folks. Some don't know the difference in a top 5 team in class, and a top 10 team. I'm not a sucker, I know for sure what a top 5 team looks like compared to a top 10. Casey is a top 10, Corbin is a top 5, probably a top 3 this year (if not top 2). Hell Bell county may put a running clock on us. Boyle done the same thing years ago to get where they have been at the past 3 decades. I remember.
Way to go Rebels!
FoSho Wrote:Corbin in a running clock.

I was asking about Jeffersontown . Casey County answered the question for me :biglmao:
smoke1015 Wrote:Anything is possible I guess...and you are somewhat informed however you may have missed the past 2 years of play between Casey and Corbin, which have been competitive despite what might be posted here. The regular season meeting a year and a half ago would have been 7-0 Corbin, or 0-0 had not an illegal deception play been called. And then 1 legit score against our starters in the 2nd half, with another score or 2 in the last 2 minutes with our QB basically just making desperation throws that turned to pick 6's. But that's part of the game. Corbin fans say they just didn't play well and weren't "up for the game". So in the playoffs I was told, on here, running clock by the half. At the half on a last second Casey field goal, Casey was down to Corbin 20-17...In the 4th Corbin's numbers and just flatout non mistake making decisions by Sizemore and Casey desperately trying to get within striking distance, Corbin goes up by 2 scores late in the 4th, Casey is wore out and cramping (=done). Last year regular season game, Corbin is better, Sizemore a year older, Estep a year older, Corbin aren't saying running clock last year because they may THINK that, but aren't wanting to jinx it. Casey goes into the 4th quarter, AT Corbin, tied up 14-14 with around 9 minutes to go. Both our starting corners get injured and Corbin goes up late but the Hounds have got the lead and never relinquish after controlling field position the entire 2nd half. Casey's corner who is also leading receiver can't get any type of separation in the 4th with the hobbled leg, game over. Running clock though??? 14-14 in the 4th quarter until the injuries and Corbin's ability to wear smaller teams down. This year, running clock? No idea. Corbin is at our house. Corbin is better, for sure. Estep is a year older, and even more explosive than before and a dual threat, big time. Casey doesn't know if they are better or not. Scheduling? We schedule well enough to get some tests. Campbellsville finished top 4 last year in their class and is a much better team last year. That was a test. Russell county was much improved, and Casey had never beaten them before until this last 3 or 4 year run. That's improvement. That's work by a lot of folks. Some don't know the difference in a top 5 team in class, and a top 10 team. I'm not a sucker, I know for sure what a top 5 team looks like compared to a top 10. Casey is a top 10, Corbin is a top 5, probably a top 3 this year (if not top 2). Hell Bell county may put a running clock on us. Boyle done the same thing years ago to get where they have been at the past 3 decades. I remember.

I wouldn't expect the same result as last year against Corbin.
pjdoug Wrote:I wouldn't expect the same result as last year against Corbin.

No expectations from me. They did come to watch us this past Friday, at least a few of the staff. To me that's respect, at least budding respect. In no other years in our history has Corbin thought, we better roll on over and scout Casey a little bit. Or maybe they just came to eat at "The Bread of Life"...who knows. Either way, I went and watched them on our bye-week too. If they keep scheduling Beechwood, Mayfield, Danville, etc.. on my bye-week I'll be up there showing off my coaching card for years to come...