Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three Ohio State players headed to the NBA!!!
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State freshman Greg Oden will make himself available for the NBA draft Friday, a family friend said Thursday night.
"There will be a release in the morning from Ohio State. Greg Oden will be hiring an agent," said Al Powell, who has been a party to meetings between Oden and two other Buckeyes freshmen stars considering the draft.
As for the two others, Powell was less specific.
"Mike Conley Jr. and Daequan Cook will not be hiring an agent at this time," said Powell, a paid assistant coach at Dayton's Dunbar High School who helped coach all three players when they played AAU ball.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/cont...CID=665657
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
who would do this? i know juniors do it alot thinking they might get hurt their senior season. but a freshman? who looks 32? he really isnt that good IMO, i will laugh if he doesnt get drafted because if he stayed at OSU, he might even could take them to a NCAA championship and get ALOT better to prepare himself FOR the NBA.
If...Then Wrote:who would do this? i know juniors do it alot thinking they might get hurt their senior season. but a freshman? who looks 32? he really isnt that good IMO, i will laugh if he doesnt get drafted because if he stayed at OSU, he might even could take them to a NCAA championship and get ALOT better to prepare himself FOR the NBA.
Surely, you are not talking about Oden.

Oden will most likely be the #1 pick.
He will get drafted...very high....He is prepared for the NBA already, according to 98% of the experts.
wow 3 players and all freshmen.
Oden is ready for the NBA. He will be #1 or @ #2 draft pick
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Dont kid yourself "if then" this kid is the real deal. He already has the NBA body and he is 7 ft tall, he will be teh #1 pick and possibly an All Star next season because he is going to be a fan favorite in his first year. If the money is there for these kids they have to go.
Tubby Hater Wrote:If the money is there for these kids they have to go.

I totally agree with this.

Look at it this way. He goes high in the draft, gets to play for 3 years at say 1.5 million per year, gets injured. He has 4.5 mil in the bank and he is still young enough to go back and finish college, get his degree and get a job. All while his money is growing interest.

He stays at OSU plays 2 more years, gets injured his junior year. All of that opportunity is gone. Yes he can still get his degree but will not have that nest egg to fall back on plus the life lessons he will have learned from playing pro ball.
Oden is the only one that should be even trying to go to the nba, the other two should stay at Ohio State.