18 SOUTHWESTERN
19 HIGHLANDS
20 BEECHWOOD
21 S.KENTON
22 BELFRY
23 ASHLAND
24 F.SIMPSON
25 PIKEVILLE

This is strickly one person's opinion and you could rearrange several teams in different spots and not get too many complaints, but, imo, these are the best 25 teams in the state. Thoughts?
IMO you have LexCath about 10 spots too high. Highlands should drop a few spots and Belfry should be top 15.

I fully believe Boyle Co could beat anyone ranked ahead of them.

Not a bad list tho.
As you can see, I didn't put too much stock into Trinity starting out at 0-3.. With the 3 teams they've played, not sure any other team would have fared any better..

Lex Catholic has looked very good thus far. They may turn out to be worse than this ranking, but, as of now, they've been solid. Same with Central..

I think Boyle at #6 is about right based on how they've played. They may could beat anyone ahead of them, but, imo, they wouldn't.. The St X win by BGreen gives them a slight edge right now, although I believe that'd be a tossup game. The other 4 were likely be a TD or more favorite. In saying that, the 5 or 6 teams behind them could make a case to be higher, as well.
interesting seeing Ashland and Pikeville in the top 25. What rbur thoughts on Raceland then? They played within a TD of Ashland and arguably should have won that game and Pikeville and Raceland are arguably on a collision course to see each other in the semis again.
Disclaimer...not saying Raceland is a top 25 team. Just curious on what REAL outside looking in people think, since two teams they always battle with are on this list of 25.
I pretty much agree with KYHSFBFan poll except for Belfry I think they should be right along side of Central and Corbin ranking other than that looks spot on :worthy:
Maxpreps has it.....
1 Covington Catholic (Park Hills) 3-0 45.0 10.2 --
2 Boyle County(Danville) 3-0 38.9 12.6 +1
3 Male (Louisville) 3-0 35.5 0.2 +1
4 Trinity(Louisville) 0-3 34.0 46.1 -2
5 Christian Academy-Louisville (Louisville) 3-0 32.0 3.3 +3
6 Scott County(Georgetown) 3-0 31.5 5.5 +6
7 Frederick Douglass(Lexington) 3-0 31.0 2.6 -1
8 Corbin 3-0 30.4 2.9 -3
9 Bowling Green 3-0 29.8 10.1 --
10 South Warren (Bowling Green) 3-0 29.1 -3.6 --
11 DeSales(Louisville) 3-0 27.3 8.4 -4
12 Lexington Catholic (Lexington) 3-0 27.1 5.1 -1
13 Mayfield 3-0 24.2 1.2 --
14 Beechwood (Fort Mitchell) 2-0 23.2 1.8 +8
15 Highlands(Fort Thomas) 2-1 22.1 14.1 -1
16 Danville 1-2 20.6 15.0 -1
17 Ashland Blazer (Ashland) 3-0 20.2 0.6 +8
18 Johnson Central (Paintsville) 1-1 19.9 20.0 +5
19 Central (Louisville) 3-0 19.8 -5.1 -2
20 Butler (Louisville) 2-1 17.5 -0.3 -1
21 St. Xavier (Louisville) 0-2 16.9 28.6 -5
22 Ballard (Louisville) 1-2 15.2 22.1 +6
23 Franklin-Simpson (Franklin) 2-1 15.0 3.0 -5
24 Henry Clay(Lexington) 1-2 14.9 21.6 -3
Twitter: @tc_analytics

It's hard to get a good gauge on Belfry this early. I could see them moving up the food chain as the year goes on. They typically reload every year, but, not sure if they're quite to the level they've been at the last 5 or 6 years. We'll see..

Raceland is likely in the 30-40 range. The Ashland game is a big rivalry game, so, you can usually expect close games in those type atmospheres. Ashland also has a quality win vs a solid out of state team, which weighed more than the head to head with Raceland in my book.
Massey has Belfry 24
KYHSFBFan Wrote:It's hard to get a good gauge on Belfry this early. I could see them moving up the food chain as the year goes on. They typically reload every year, but, not sure if they're quite to the level they've been at the last 5 or 6 years. We'll see..

Raceland is likely in the 30-40 range. The Ashland game is a big rivalry game, so, you can usually expect close games in those type atmospheres. Ashland also has a quality win vs a solid out of state team, which weighed more than the head to head with Raceland in my book.

i agree. had Raceland won then ashland still beats GW, would you put Raceland ahead if Pikeville? enjoying this thread. nice chamge of pace from the regular season game threads.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Maxpreps has it.....
8 Corbin 3-0 30.4 2.9 -3
Highlands, Danville too high. Not a believer in Henry Clay either. I'll take Anderson County in my top25
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:interesting seeing Ashland and Pikeville in the top 25. What rbur thoughts on Raceland then? They played within a TD of Ashland and arguably should have won that game and Pikeville and Raceland are arguably on a collision course to see each other in the semis again.

Scotty have to agree with you on this really don’t see either of them in top 25 in all classes and I am a Pikeville fan and hope your right on the collision course would love to be playing again in the semis, good luck to the Rams the rest of the year but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
The teams I felt were right on the verge of making the Top 25 were S.Oldham, Manual, Anderson Co & Henderson Co, in no particular order..
I think you should flip central with south warren, and it would be more accurate. Then from 14ish down is all jacked up. Beechwood should be higher. Lex Cath Lower. And how in gods name do you put highlands higher than belfry. Or belfry just that low to begin with? THEY WILL surprise some people. I keep saying not to count them out. Have the dropped off some from 2 years ago? Absolutely! But I think people are letting ONE bad game against central play into their emotions on them. Haywood is one of the top coaches in the state. You aren’t gonna see to many running clocks on them. That might be the last one we see for a while. But I’d almost put my house up saying if them and Lex Cath played right now belfry would come away with the W. I also don’t get all the love central is getting over us. I mean we went to their house, and beat them. Probably would have been worse if you watched the difference in play calling from first half to the 2nd. But either way, were better this year I think right now than we were at that point last year. And we still have a whole season to improve on top of it. What else do we have to do?
FoSho Wrote:IMO you have LexCath about 10 spots too high. Highlands should drop a few spots and Belfry should be top 15.

I fully believe Boyle Co could beat anyone ranked ahead of them.

Not a bad list tho.

Yep you’re right. Lex Cath is way to high with nothing to prove why they’ve earned it. 2nd in the district last year and somewhat of an early exit.

I think Boyle could and probably would beat everyone on this list with the exception of Cov. Cath., Male, and Trinity. You’re almost getting into small NAIA schools with the talent and depth.
Frederick Douglas should be higher. They are better than Boyle and honestly, I don't think if they played today it's that close. I believe they will beat Scott County and who knows from there. Before I get bombarded by the Boyle faithful let me state that this is only my OPINION having seen both play. Let me also say that I have no connection to FD and actually dislike most everything about their program but watching them it's hard to deny they are really talented.
Hound05 Wrote:Yep you’re right. Lex Cath is way to high with nothing to prove why they’ve earned it. 2nd in the district last year and somewhat of an early exit.

I think Boyle could and probably would beat everyone on this list with the exception of Cov. Cath., Male, and Trinity. You’re almost getting into small NAIA schools with the talent and depth.

I think we would have a punchers chance against any of them and next year an even better chance.
FoSho Wrote:I think we would have a punchers chance against any of them and next year an even better chance.

Oh yea, there’s always a chance. Just like there’s always a chance to get beat by someone you wouldn’t. Boyle is talented. But I think all around depth of those programs is what seals it for me. That and what Male did to Ballard, a complete and utter destruction. But who knows what would happen. Just an old mans opinion.

Watching Cov Cath play was something of beauty. I think they would have gave trinity a run for their money last year. And probably would beat them this year.
No doubting that Cchs is a very good team in 2018. But they have looked really good against teams that are not very good. Trinity still the best team in Ky by at least a couple tds.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Maxpreps has it.....
8 Corbin 3-0 30.4 2.9 -3

Wow! My Pirates are down a little this year and my friends on here know that I'll be the first to admit that. But for them to not even be on this list is a shocker! Especially seeing some of the teams that are on this list. But that's ok. We got blew out last year by Central, no doubt about that. But like I've said before, teams sometimes have games where nothing seems to go right or maybe the kids are looking past an opponent or sometimes its just one of those games that cant be explained what happened. All we can hope for is that if that game does happen it happens during the season. Ours just so happened to be in a playoff game. I will say this, Central was not 35-40 points better than Belfry last year. We just had a game where nothing went right for us and they played one helluva game. Again, dont take this as me making an excuse. I'm not. Central showed up to play and we didn't. I'm just saying that you'll never convince me that they were that much better than us. Reason I said all that is to say this. I think alot of folks are counting us out or saying were done because of that one game. And that really bothers me. I've said all along, 3A has two really great teams, Boyle and Corbin. But I do think Belfry is the next team after that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that. But don't think Belfry is all washed up now because we had a bad game one November night last year or because we lost the first game of the year to a school from West Virginia the size of a large 6A school in Kentucky and could beat alot of teams in Kentucky. We are getting better every day and we just may lose another game or two before seasons end but I will promise you this, come playoff time, we'll be ready! Sorry for the long post, this one just hit a nerve.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Wow! My Pirates are down a little this year and my friends on here know that I'll be the first to admit that. But for them to not even be on this list is a shocker! Especially seeing some of the teams that are on this list. But that's ok. We got blew out last year by Central, no doubt about that. But like I've said before, teams sometimes have games where nothing seems to go right or maybe the kids are looking past an opponent or sometimes its just one of those games that cant be explained what happened. All we can hope for is that if that game does happen it happens during the season. Ours just so happened to be in a playoff game. I will say this, Central was not 35-40 points better than Belfry last year. We just had a game where nothing went right for us and they played one helluva game. Again, dont take this as me making an excuse. I'm not. Central showed up to play and we didn't. I'm just saying that you'll never convince me that they were that much better than us. Reason I said all that is to say this. I think alot of folks are counting us out or saying were done because of that one game. And that really bothers me. I've said all along, 3A has two really great teams, Boyle and Corbin. But I do think Belfry is the next team after that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that. But don't think Belfry is all washed up now because we had a bad game one November night last year or because we lost the first game of the year to a school from West Virginia the size of a large 6A school in Kentucky and could beat alot of teams in Kentucky. We are getting better every day and we just may lose another game or two before seasons end but I will promise you this, come playoff time, we'll be ready! Sorry for the long post, this one just hit a nerve.

I’m with ya!!! People let ONE game influence their thoughts and emotions. And then they run wild with it. As I stated on another thread NO ONE in the top 4- boyle, Corbin, belfry, central- are 30 points better than the other. And if each team played a series with one another, EVERYONE would have a loss. But they are letting that one game dictate this season. It’s gonna come crashing down very hard for them. The east is going to be a gauntlet f
#55PirateFan Wrote:Wow! My Pirates are down a little this year and my friends on here know that I'll be the first to admit that. But for them to not even be on this list is a shocker! Especially seeing some of the teams that are on this list. But that's ok. We got blew out last year by Central, no doubt about that. But like I've said before, teams sometimes have games where nothing seems to go right or maybe the kids are looking past an opponent or sometimes its just one of those games that cant be explained what happened. All we can hope for is that if that game does happen it happens during the season. Ours just so happened to be in a playoff game. I will say this, Central was not 35-40 points better than Belfry last year. We just had a game where nothing went right for us and they played one helluva game. Again, dont take this as me making an excuse. I'm not. Central showed up to play and we didn't. I'm just saying that you'll never convince me that they were that much better than us. Reason I said all that is to say this. I think alot of folks are counting us out or saying were done because of that one game. And that really bothers me. I've said all along, 3A has two really great teams, Boyle and Corbin. But I do think Belfry is the next team after that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that. But don't think Belfry is all washed up now because we had a bad game one November night last year or because we lost the first game of the year to a school from West Virginia the size of a large 6A school in Kentucky and could beat alot of teams in Kentucky. We are getting better every day and we just may lose another game or two before seasons end but I will promise you this, come playoff time, we'll be ready! Sorry for the long post, this one just hit a nerve.

I’m with ya!!! People let ONE game influence their thoughts and emotions. And then they run wild with it. As I stated on another thread NO ONE in the top 4- boyle, Corbin, belfry, central- are 30 points better than the other. And if each team played a series with one another, EVERYONE would have a loss. But they are letting that one game dictate this season. It’s gonna come crashing down very hard for them. The east is going to be a gauntlet for whoever gets far enough. But their won’t be any running clocks past the region championship and semi’s. I wish they’d come around and regain reason, because all they are doing is giving those boys from belfry -or West Virginia, that’s for you dougie😜-bulletin board material. You can’t count them out, and you certainly don’t want them having more motivation. But I think it’ll only get worse rankings wise. I’d say we’ll drop a game the next two weeks. It’s hard to maintain focus and prepare for teams like that, in that short of time. Plus being in a physical game like that back to back takes a toll. Belfry might even drop a game before the season is over, while they figure it all out. I think it’s more likely we do than them. But boyle probably won’t. And central i dunno. But when it happens you’ll see more craziness with these “rankings”. But that’s ok. Paper means nothing when you hit the field. Remember the little giants??? Hahaha
Hound05 Wrote:I’m with ya!!! People let ONE game influence their thoughts and emotions. And then they run wild with it. As I stated on another thread NO ONE in the top 4- boyle, Corbin, belfry, central- are 30 points better than the other. And if each team played a series with one another, EVERYONE would have a loss. But they are letting that one game dictate this season. It’s gonna come crashing down very hard for them. The east is going to be a gauntlet for whoever gets far enough. But their won’t be any running clocks past the region championship and semi’s. I wish they’d come around and regain reason, because all they are doing is giving those boys from belfry -or West Virginia, that’s for you dougie😜-bulletin board material. You can’t count them out, and you certainly don’t want them having more motivation. But I think it’ll only get worse rankings wise. I’d say we’ll drop a game the next two weeks. It’s hard to maintain focus and prepare for teams like that, in that short of time. Plus being in a physical game like that back to back takes a toll. Belfry might even drop a game before the season is over, while they figure it all out. I think it’s more likely we do than them. But boyle probably won’t. And central i dunno. But when it happens you’ll see more craziness with these “rankings”. But that’s ok. Paper means nothing when you hit the field. Remember the little giants??? Hahaha

I agree my friend, the paper rankings mean nothing. I said it before, I don't see Boyle or Corbin losing a game in the regular season, I just dont. As far as Belfry, it's very possible that we'll have 2 or 3 loses hung on us before November. Cabell Midland is the biggest school in West Virginia and they are just as good as Huntington is. Also, we have to travel to Johnson Central this year and their a powerhouse in 4A and have been in the running for a championship the last couple of years. Even the Pikeville game next Friday isn't going to be a walk over like in years past. We have some tough games to play with still alot of questions to be answered as far as our team. But we'll get there. I'll truly be shocked if the Hounds and Rebels dont finish undefeated this year. I know you guys have some tough games coming up but none of which I think you'll lose. But the Hounds will have to stay focused and not get complacent or they could easily find themselves behind at the end of the 4th Qtr. I think they'll be fine though.
Man...a few of you guys need a secretary.

Some typin' mugs. 😳
FoSho Wrote:Man...a few of you guys need a secretary.

Some typin' mugs. 😳

I say alot when I get frustrated! Lol

They were on the one in the original thread.. Maxpreps is all computer generated and teams that went the furthest in playoffs the year before have a higher beginning point, so, Belfry will have an opportunity to improve on that one as well, as the year moves on.. That poll is usually pretty good after 5-6 weeks, but, not so good before that..
FoSho Wrote:I think we would have a punchers chance against any of them and next year an even better chance.

Trinity is a LONG way ahead of everybody on this list. They put a running clock on most teams if not all teams in the state.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I say alot when I get frustrated! Lol

I just use my phone’s voice typing. It’s hard though. The south east ky dialect isn’t an option on language.