Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5A Graves County @ 6A McCracken County
Thoughts and predictions :popcorn:
Battle of two mediocre teams....Graves takes it.
Graves - 28
McCracken - 20
Graves by 10
Going with graves County :yikes:

Graves County 42
McCracken County 17
This maybe a 50/50 game on who is the winner
Graves by a TD.
Graves by a TD. GO EAGLES!
Good pick 64. I would say he is very close on that score.
Graves County 28-14
Graves by 20. Mayfield could beat these two teams combined by 20.
Both of these teams appear to be fielding their worst squads in sometime, actually this could be McCracken's worst ever
McCracken is a shining example of the mantra that money does not equal success.
tica Wrote:mccracken is a shining example of the mantra that money does not equal success.

bingo!
How did McCracken fall so quickly?
When I look at their numbers on the team, along with Paducah Tilghman's success so far this year, I'd say there has been a shift going on with where kids go to play football in McCracken County. Coaching is not what it was for the Mustangs either. They need to pick it up!

Graves Co. by 2-3 TD's in this one.
I'm not familiar with the west side of the state but I'd say great coaching from puducah and Mayfield may sway many great athletes to these schools instead of the bigger county schools.
McCracken had early success as they had 3 schools sending players that had played a lot prior and several key athletes, they will get they are suffering the sophomore syndrome this year. The city kids go to Tilghman and the county kids go to McCracken very few choosing the other. It takes time to build tradition. Tilghman has several generations and McCracken has none. The coaching carousel at both schools doesn't help.
If Hughes gets to play at UK this year, McCracken should promote the heck out of that on social media. There were some days you go over to Tilghman's locker room or football complex and you can see 3-4 guys who played (or are playing) pro ball or playing in the SEC. Kids are very impressed by that and they want to be a part of it. Hopefully the coaching carousel at PT is over with Smith. I think Duncan restored some stability and was a great mentor, but had to step down way too soon.
Tica Wrote:McCracken is a shining example of the mantra that money does not equal success.

Where was this statement when PT lost to McCracken 41-6 (41-0 at half)? It was no secret that MCHS would be down this year, probably next too. But to say there hasn't been success at the new school is ridiculous!! How about go check out the records and accolades of each sport / activity. BTW, its not the money creating the success....it's the kids. Throw in the fact that KHSAA is idiotic for not having 3 classes in every sport, gives the larger schools an advantage. Since consolidation, I'd say being 3-3 against PT is about right considering the dominance for 40+ years over the individual schools.

As for Graves @ McCracken, I expect it to be a close game.
Glory_Days Wrote:Where was this statement when PT lost to McCracken 41-6 (41-0 at half)? It was no secret that MCHS would be down this year, probably next too. But to say there hasn't been success at the new school is ridiculous!! How about go check out the records and accolades of each sport / activity. BTW, its not the money creating the success....it's the kids. Throw in the fact that KHSAA is idiotic for not having 3 classes in every sport, gives the larger schools an advantage. Since consolidation, I'd say being 3-3 against PT is about right considering the dominance for 40+ years over the individual schools.

As for Graves @ McCracken, I expect it to be a close game.

As for football, I think Tica is right or somewhat right at very least. Certainly they have been very dominant in the other sports. In football they have seemingly had deeper pockets than other programs around here going after coaches that no other programs could likely afford. That said I dont blame them though I was not happy when they came after Morris
Well, I'm not sure about all this deep pocket stuff. All I know is Coach Haskins was in house (Lone Oak) hire at time of consolidation. Coach Jackson came from Obion Co, TN and Coach Clark from Hopkinsville. If Coach Morris was offered a job apparently we aren't crapping gold bricks around hereSmile
(No one I knew ever thought Coach Morris would leave Mayfield. You may know, but I never heard of any official offers. Just speculation and rumors, but we still knew it wouldn't happen even if true)