Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 30 North Laurel 08
Final :rockon:
I watched this game til 4 minutes was left then my electricity went off.

Congratulations Cards
North lost LOTS of talent from last year. Big win South Laurel!
Great job South, keep rolling. You got the dogs let em play!!!
Hard game to watch. Worst North team in ages, and South play calling is as bad as it gets. Both will improve though.
64SUR Wrote:Final :rockon:

Way to go Cardinals!
Congrats South, wins the battle of Laurel County.
South wins the turd bowl.
Congrats to South.
Cardinals On The Rise.
How long has it been since south won this matchup?
Iam4thecats Wrote:How long has it been since south won this matchup?

2011 I think.
pjdoug Wrote:2011 I think.

What is Larkey's record vs. South? Looked like North had a pretty young team. They kept shooting themselves in the foot and South took advantage.
So did SL look that good or is NL that bad?
Iam4thecats Wrote:How long has it been since south won this matchup?
Commentators said ten years. I don't have much faith in them though.

Malcolm Ex Wrote:What is Larkey's record vs. South? Looked like North had a pretty young team. They kept shooting themselves in the foot and South took advantage.
North lost about 17 from last year. Both teams made mistakes but North didn't seem to have a lot of discipline. I expect that will change as the season progresses; that's also a sign of youth.

Pussell Gut Wrote:So did SL look that good or is NL that bad?
This is the first game of the season, so it's difficult to tell. No question that South Laurel has improved dramatically from last year. This will be an interesting year to watch both these teams as they progress.
[quote=Granny Bear]Commentators said ten years. I don't have much faith in them though.

North lost about 17 from last year. Both teams made mistakes but North didn't seem to have a lot of discipline. I expect that will change as the season progresses; that's also a sign of youth.

This is the first game of the season, so it's difficult to tell. No question that South Laurel has improved dramatically from last year. This will be an interesting year to watch both these teams as they progress.[/QUOTE

It was the first South win since 2011. That actually took in eight games, because in two of those years they played twice, playoff games won by North. South is better than they were, no doubt, but I’m still not sure by how much, that wasn’t great football last night. Their schedule should get them to 5-0, then toughens up, just have to wait and see how they stack up against PC and Southwestern. North on the other hand will get better as the year progresses and all these new faces get settled in, but don’t see any way to avoid a sub-.500 season this year.