Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those of you who don't believe in Gillispie
Research this guy, he's the man for the job. He's completely turned around UTEP and A&M in a very short period of time. Texas A&M were bottom feeders of the Big 12 going 0-16 3 yreas ago and now he's turned them into a top program. Just look at his recruiting which is mind-blowing considering where he was and what he had to work with. Just imagine what he could do with the UK facilities to offer recruits. Man, I hope he gets it. I'm already excited about it. When I first heard Gillispie's name thrown around I thought" OH NO, he's hasn't done anything. One years dosn't make a coach" but then I checked him out thoroughly and now I'm sure he's the best candidate. What he did for Bill Self and what he's done at UTEP and Texas A&M IN THIS DECADE in increditable. Message to Barnhardt.............

HIRE THIS GUY !!!!!!!!!
For those of you wanting to know more about Gillispie here you go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Gillispie .. He is already listed as UK"s coach on there
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:For those of you wanting to know more about Gillispie here you go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Gillispie .. He is already listed as UK"s coach on there

"Most corupt job in colligate sports".................. What? Tubby ran the classiest in the nation. Just an ovious UK hater wrote this.
tubby ran the greatest program in the country into the d**n ground.
Bill Clyde was the best hire in my opinion. He's the one I'd been hoping for all this time but it seemed like a long shot because of the Donovan talk.

This guy can recruit, has a great personality, great coach, and has a desire to win.

Losing Tubby as our coach was hard for me, but this guy really feels the void well in my opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I read back over the article and didnt see any bad statements about UK. They could have been there since Wikipedia is an open-source site and anyone can change the info on there.
After learning more about the guy I agree with Ref Devil.
I think he will do a good job
rallo316 Wrote:tubby ran the greatest program in the country into the d**n ground.

I never said he ran the best or most talented but he did run it with complete class. He was nothing but classy.
Another great thing about BCG is that he's single and can spend countless hours on the recruiting road or doing whatever he needs to do. He can just hop on a plane and fly down to see a recruit without having to answer to anyone at home. There is a drawback to that though, it could get him in trouble but I don't think it will. I'm sure Barnhart laid the law down about that sort of stuff. Barnhart said they spoke about his previous encounters with the law.