Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Reports UK's Offer To Donovan
I know there is already a thread about this, but it has been reported on ESPN that Kentucky has a 7 year deal that would give him a 1 million dollar raise over his current pay up to at least $2.8 million a season up to $3.5 million based on performance.

This would make him the 3rd highest paid coach in College Basketball behind Coach K and Roy Williams who both get around $3 million a season.

It has not been offered, but it is ready to go once UF loses.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2819224

Figured ESPN is more creditable at this time compared to TCP.
I really hope we get this guy.
Yea
I hope we do to but I dont want to get to far ahead of ourselves that we dont get him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
PTI says UK is ready to make the offer... Interesting.
I dont think he would leave Florida for 2.8...they should offer a base salary that makes him the highest paid coach + performance bonus....IMO
Jay Bilas on PTI...

Is Kentucky job more attractive than Florida - Bilas says, "Yes it is, $35 million basketball practice facility, the history."

Bilas also says fans at Kentucky aren't any more crazy than other places that expect winning on the highest level. He says Kentucky may be "the best job out there."
This comment worries me a little......

"I love Florida," Donovan said. "My family is very happy here. I hope I can stay here as long as they'd like to have me. I don't know what else to say. I'm just focused on UCLA and people are focused on other things."
Did anybody else catch Dick Vitale's (volume on 11) commentary on Donovan during the 6 p.m. SportsCenter tonight?

I'm convinced his "anonymous source very close to Donovan" was none other than Rick Pitino.

And Vitale also said he thinks that Donovan's next job could be with ...

(continued on Pro Sports forum) Smile
TomSportsHack Wrote:Did anybody else catch Dick Vitale's (volume on 11) commentary on Donovan during the 6 p.m. SportsCenter tonight?

I'm convinced his "anonymous source very close to Donovan" was none other than Rick Pitino.

I agree 100% Tom. I found it odd they both used the exact phrase...."they will name a floor after him."
I REALLY hope that we get Donovan, no matter the cost.

I agree that the 2.8 base needs to be a little highter---on level with anyone else in college bball.

I think he will give it SERIOUS consideration though.

Hope he comes--would love to see Dicky V. eat those words. Agree his source is Pitino (who himself doesn't want Billy at UK)
I think the 2.8 was just the initial offer. Not what they plan on paying him.
There's one other person that anonymous source could be --- the guy in Billy Donovan's bathroom mirror. And in that case, you can't get much closer to Donovan than that.
Bengal Cat Wrote:This comment worries me a little......

"I love Florida," Donovan said. "My family is very happy here. I hope I can stay here as long as they'd like to have me. I don't know what else to say. I'm just focused on UCLA and people are focused on other things."

Well his current team is in the Final Four...I wouldnt expect him to say anything different.

If you remember Tubby said that he expects on being the UK coach next year and then BAM !!!.....2 days later he's on a jet to Minnesota

After the Final Four is over or Florida loses..whichever comes first

Billd D. will be able to finally tell the world that he's the new leader of the Big Blue Nation

Patterson and Lucas will be wildcats....(see signature below...isnt it sweet !)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TomSportsHack Wrote:There's one other person that anonymous source could be --- the guy in Billy Donovan's bathroom mirror. And in that case, you can't get much closer to Donovan than that.
why are you soo negative every time the word kentucky and donovan get mentioned in the same sentence?

and if billy wanted to really stay in florida, dont you think he would do what pitino, calipari, and gillespie have already done?...

it wouldnt matter if they were playing or not for billy to deny interest in the kentucky job. Im not saying he is going to take it, but there is always a possibility.
yahoo sport said rumor has 4 million a year.
fballfan07 Wrote:and if billy wanted to really stay in florida, dont you think he would do what pitino, calipari, and gillespie have already done?...

Nope. He's playing the University Athletic Association for a raise and he's going to get it.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Nope. He's playing the University Athletic Association for a raise and he's going to get it.

Yup, and his checks will be signed by Lee Todd. Smile

I can't wait until this time tomorrow, Big Blue Nation will be buzzing one way or another and this debate will be over.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Yup, and his checks will be signed by Lee Todd. Smile

I can't wait until this time tomorrow, Big Blue Nation will be buzzing one way or another and this debate will be over.
I would love to be buzzing over Donovan's hire. But if he should reject the position, I think UK will get a top notch coach either way. But I hope we land Bill D.