Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Schedule?
cuppett777 Wrote:does any body know why asland didn't return the favor this year and come to cam?

The Ashland-Belfry contract was only intended originally as a one year deal. Both teams had lost Ironton on their schedule because of Ironton's change to a new league in Ohio, so it became an easy way to glue the schedule back with some great competition.

After the great game this past season, people in Ashland said that a 7 year deal was in the works with Belfry (not sure how true was, just what I had heard). Apparently some details unknown to myself were not able to get hammered out coming to the close of scheduling so the game was completely dropped.

I really wish the game had been kept. You only get better by playing better teams, and I believe Greenup replaced the possible Belfry spot on our schedule which is a significant drop off in talent.

As of the Carter County Schools question, as of now, Belfry should be able to handle either with relative ease as long as they showed to play. As DW said, East has been better in history, but West has began to make some great jumps in their program to become a more competitive program.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
if pikeville plays hard in the 2007 season i think they can take them down. :redboxer:
DevilsWin Wrote:I'll go ahead and make a prediction from the standpoint of being fortunate enough to see both Corbin and Belfry play their last games of the 2006 season.

Corbin 35
Belfry 27

Cashen vs May

That will be good match up as teams go but those two will probably not meet on the field much
mrspectator Wrote:That will be good match up as teams go but those two will probably not meet on the field much

my exact words
Tough Schedule. Heard JC supposed to be stacked this year.
August 24th Corbin at Belfry Pike County Bowl
31st Lawrence County, Home
Spetember 7 East Ridge, Away
September 14 Shelby Valley, Away
Spet. 21 Open
Sppt. 28, Pikeville, Home
October 5 Magoffin County, Away
Oct. 12, Magoffin County, Away
Oct. 19 Sheldon Clark, Home
October 26, East Carter, Away
November 2, Johnson Central, Home
Belfry at East Carter was kind of a last throw together thing, they really went after Bell County to fill that spot but they wouldt. They asked quiet a few other teams from my understanding and tried to work out something with several teams. But scheduling was tough with realignment.
I would like to see Belfry get someone like Matewan WV. Just so they would smack them I hate hearing about how much better they are, and people around Belfry hears it alot. Or I would have liked to seen us got Tolsia or Wayne WV.
DevilsWin Wrote:From what I heard about the game from people who attended the game was that if Belfry hadn't gone to the option on the final play and instead went to May they would have had a better chance against Ashland.

Ashlands D stayed home and stopped the option play dead in its tracks.
Before that play May carried the Pirates all night long.
That is dead on, we had three big TD's called back one which should have been, one which I dont think should have been, and one which was very bad call.
But we had a different QB than the one who finished the year and did real good or that would have been a different game. But hey Ashland made less mistakes than Belfry that game.