Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 87 Arkansas 72
After we got smacked in the mouth to start the game we fought back and actually looked like a basketball team today. Everyone contributed besides Richards and Diallo but that's to be expected the way they've played this season.

I don't know what it is with Cal but he won't tough that starting lineup and they put us in a hole every game. I don't know if he purposely keeps our spark guys on the bench to try and bring in momentum and help us in tough spots but good teams are going to get us down and then step on the throat and it will be too late to try and get back into it once momentum is gone.

I think the starters should be

SGA
Green
Knox
Vanderbilt
Washington

But obviously the lineup has to do a lot with match ups and a lot of people say that starting line ups don't matter

What do you all think?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Starting lineups matter and putting the right starting lineup on the floor sets the right tone for the game. The lineup that gives the team the best opportunity to win the game should be on the floor when the game starts and at the end of the game - or as long as the game's outcome is in doubt.

Kentucky's current starting lineup needs to be shuffled because UK is not a good enough team to be giving themselves an early handicap to overcome against elite teams. Coach Cal should have learned what can happen when you don't put your best lineup on the floor at critical points in a game when one of the best, if not THE best, UK team of all time was upset by Wisconsin because our best point guard and best shooting guard were playing behind two mediocre guards.

Maybe Vanderbilt's conditioning is still not where it should be, but if I were coaching, I would want his rebounding and defensive intensity on the floor for as much time as possible. I also like the way that Qade Green has become more of a point guard by increasing his assists, cutting down his turnovers, and accepting a smaller offensive role on the team.

That being said, this team is finally looking like it is capable of winning ugly games against great teams through superior defense and rebounding. They are not going to be a great shooting team this season, so why not exploit their strengths as much as possible?
Made Arkansas squeal like a pig.
Spud6 Wrote:After we got smacked in the mouth to start the game we fought back and actually looked like a basketball team today. Everyone contributed besides Richards and Diallo but that's to be expected the way they've played this season.

I don't know what it is with Cal but he won't tough that starting lineup and they put us in a hole every game. I don't know if he purposely keeps our spark guys on the bench to try and bring in momentum and help us in tough spots but good teams are going to get us down and then step on the throat and it will be too late to try and get back into it once momentum is gone.

SGA
Green
Knox
Vanderbilt
Washington

But obviously the lineup has to do a lot with match ups and a lot of people say that starting line ups don't matter

What do you all think?

I agree with that lineup. How can he keep putting Diallo out there, he is playing awful.
Diallo is nothing but a turnover machine. He plays too out of control and I think that he hurts us more than he helps.
Diallo kills UK. Alexander IMO has been the key to them getting back in the winning mode. I think green has played well in there wins but he still imo is hit or miss. Vanderbilt looks like a dennis rodman type player with not much offensive ability other than cleaning up the glass and getting putbacks and just being a rebounding machine. I'm not a fan of Washington I feel like he don't give a crap about anyone but himself.
impressive win.
Spud6 Wrote:After we got smacked in the mouth to start the game we fought back and actually looked like a basketball team today. Everyone contributed besides Richards and Diallo but that's to be expected the way they've played this season.

SGA
Green
Knox
Vanderbilt
Washington

What do you all think?

That will be a great lineup if we start getting maximum effort from Washington.
E's Army Wrote:Made Arkansas squeal like a pig.

Confusednicker:
My starting lineup would be:
SGA
Green
Knox
Vanderbilt
Gabriel

I don't trust Washington at all, he's selfish, and always is laughing even when this team is down 10 pts. Diallo SHOULD NEVER play another minute for this team, he is a complete cancer, and should go ahead and head on over to Europe to play, he's Cal's WORST recruit to UK, can't stand watching him come in, and blow leads, and turn the ball over, game after game, he SUCKS!
Tiger Roar Wrote:My starting lineup would be:
SGA
Green
Knox
Vanderbilt
Gabriel

I don't trust Washington at all, he's selfish, and always is laughing even when this team is down 10 pts. Diallo SHOULD NEVER play another minute for this team, he is a complete cancer, and should go ahead and head on over to Europe to play, he's Cal's WORST recruit to UK, can't stand watching him come in, and blow leads, and turn the ball over, game after game, he SUCKS!

Even though I agree with you about Washington, but I think Washington should definitely start because Gabriel is a great spark off the bench the amount of energy he brings.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I think Vanderbilt is a difference maker. He brings a much-needed energy that has been lacking at times from other players. He always plays hard.
This UK team is one that could advance to the second weekend of the Big Dance or lose the first game they play. You just never know what you are gonna get from this bunch. Last night was encouraging, however.
Why in the world did Cal even recruit Nick Richards and PJ Washington? Both are horrible and Diallo missed his chance at the NBA last year...
Strikeout King Wrote:Why in the world did Cal even recruit Nick Richards and PJ Washington? Both are horrible and Diallo missed his chance at the NBA last year...

Cal has recruited lanky big men trying to get an Anthony Davis his whole time at UK besides Cousins and KAT. Richards is just really immature in the way he plays and he's still stuck in high school mode. Another year will do him incredibly well with Kenny Payne working with him.
#BBFL