Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alfus or anyone else heard anything about Billy D as a done deal
TomSportsHack Wrote:[quote=BlackcatFootball]
Remember, they said Spurrier was looking at horse property in Lexington. Didn't work out, did it?

uk football is not as appealing as uk basketball
UK could win the bidding war if it comes to that. At Florida Billy has been trying to get a new arena for nearly 7 years now,and even after winning a title he cant get it. Floirda will always be a football school, and besides if we offer him just what Tubby was making it is more than what he is making now. I can really see Billy D here in the Bluegrass next year.
I'm hearing from a very reliable source that Billy Donovan will be at UK next season. It's not like me to report rumors but I believe it is most likely true.

I don't care either way about Donovan but I think the chances are in UK's favor for landing him as of now.

Nick Calathes which is a 5 star recruit said he would follow Billy to UK >>LINK<<

Patterson and likely Lucas could see from there and come to UK seeing as how it was between Tubby and Billy and whichever was left at which school.

Donovan has not denied that he has interest in the job one time and it is obvious the he is 2nd behind football in Florida.

Of course I can't say this is completely true, but right now I'd say the odds are that Donovan will be the next coach at UK. (subject to change though) Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i heard it was a done deal Billy D head coach and John Pelfrey was going to be asst. coach real good source.
alfus21 Wrote:I'm hearing from a very reliable source that Billy Donovan will be at UK next season. It's not like me to report rumors but I believe it is most likely true.

I don't care either way about Donovan but I think the chances are in UK's favor for landing him as of now.

Nick Calathes which is a 5 star recruit said he would follow Billy to UK >>LINK<<

Patterson and likely Lucas could see from there and come to UK seeing as how it was between Tubby and Billy and whichever was left at which school.

Donovan has not denied that he has interest in the job one time and it is obvious the he is 2nd behind football in Florida.

Of course I can't say this is completely true, but right now I'd say the odds are that Donovan will be the next coach at UK. (subject to change though) Smile
Aren''t you the same guy that was all over Tomcat06 for stating almost exactly the same thing on another thread.Big Grin
rallo316 Wrote:i heard it was a done deal Billy D head coach and John Pelfrey was going to be asst. coach real good source.

No way Pelphrey will be the assistant when he can be making big money somewhere else as a head coach.

FBALL Wrote:Aren''t you the same guy that was all over Tomcat06 for stating almost exactly the same thing on another thread.Big Grin

That was because of the real estate rumor which is still yet to be proven. I wouldn't believe it's that far just yet but I do believe now that there is a good chance it could happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm sure the assistant head coaching job at UK pays more than his $200,000 salary at South Alabama. Alfus, you have any idea how much the UK assistant head coach was paid this past season? I see no reason why Pelphrey wouldn't want to come back to the bluegrass. His sister lives in Bowling Green, mom and dad are still in Paintsville. Pelphrey and Donovan named their kids after one another, they best friends and I'm sure Donovan will help him out in any way possible if John is interested. John is an excellent recruiter and that was proven when he landed some big names at Florida a couple being Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem and so on during his time there.
GRIZZ Wrote:I'm sure the assistant head coaching job at UK pays more than his $200,000 salary at South Alabama. Alfus, you have any idea how much the UK assistant head coach was paid this past season? I see no reason why Pelphrey wouldn't want to come back to the bluegrass. His sister lives in Bowling Green, mom and dad are still in Paintsville. Pelphrey and Donovan named their kids after one another, they best friends and I'm sure Donovan will help him out in any way possible if John is interested. John is an excellent recruiter and that was proven when he landed some big names at Florida a couple being Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem and so on during his time there.

He could be the Asst. if Donovan is named coach but I just expect Pelphrey to accept another job (head coaching ) at another school maybe South Florida.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He has already interviewed for the South Florida job.
He could also use the experience at UK if Donovan is named the coach and tags along to help build his resume and persue another head coaching position at a larger school. I heard that South Florida has probably eliminated him as a possibility per another internet site. Starting next Tuesday things will get interesting concerning the UK job.
Pelphrey may be South Florida bound after all. Their first choice, Winthrops Gregg Marshall turned down the job.
alfus21 Wrote:No way Pelphrey will be the assistant when he can be making big money somewhere else as a head coach.

That was because of the real estate rumor which is still yet to be proven. I wouldn't believe it's that far just yet but I do believe now that there is a good chance it could happen.
Im a coalminer and I make more than a college assistant.