Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What America really thinks?
That has anything to do with why you wouldn't vote for a gay President.
There are 10,000 comedians out of a job and you are trying to be one.
Instead of being funny, why don't you post an opinion, perhaps try backing one up with facts every now and then?!?

We know that majority of the people here are against gays, witness the gay veteran thread. It being against your religious convictions, morals, etc. has nothing to do with them being a qualified President. Of course I would vote for a gay President, male or female, open before election or open after election. Sexual orientation weighs nothing on the issues. They should not be voted in just because the gay community will throw all of their votes at them because it would be the first time that one was elected, that we know of, BUT they should win if they appeal to the majority of the country with their position of issues of importance. Homosexuals can choose to believe in God, I know that is going to cause the biggest fight ever, but they can. You say it is wrong and against the Bible and beliefs and all of that but they can chose to have a religion just like anyone else.

Do I think that we will see an openly gay President in the near future? No, I honestly don't. I'm as open minded as they come and as much for equality in the world as the next person whether it be for same sex marriages, discrimination against race, etc. but I don't think that this country is open-minded enough to look at the issues instead of who someone crawls into bed with at night. Witness Bill Clinton, hands down the best President that the United States has even seen but he got a little action on the side and he's out of there. Black or female Presidents will come a lot sooner than a gay one. Sadly it has taken hundreds of years to get their rights to the point of which they are today. Both are still discrimination against and not favored as much as say a white, Republican male from the Hamptons. Sadly that is how we have to live today. It is my prayer that it changes as soon as it possibly can.

No wonder Amercia is falling apart, The end of the world is coming soon.
Arbys Man Wrote:No wonder Amercia is falling apart, The end of the world is coming soon.

Would you mind expanding that comment so we all can understand your reasoning?
George Bush = Anti-Christ = End of the world.

Just what I hear anyway.

thetribe Wrote:That has anything to do with why you wouldn't vote for a gay President.
There are 10,000 comedians out of a job and you are trying to be one.
Instead of being funny, why don't you post an opinion, perhaps try backing one up with facts every now and then?!?

We know that majority of the people here are against gays, witness the gay veteran thread. It being against your religious convictions, morals, etc. has nothing to do with them being a qualified President. Of course I would vote for a gay President, male or female, open before election or open after election. Sexual orientation weighs nothing on the issues. They should not be voted in just because the gay community will throw all of their votes at them because it would be the first time that one was elected, that we know of, BUT they should win if they appeal to the majority of the country with their position of issues of importance. Homosexuals can choose to believe in God, I know that is going to cause the biggest fight ever, but they can. You say it is wrong and against the Bible and beliefs and all of that but they can chose to have a religion just like anyone else.

Do I think that we will see an openly gay President in the near future? No, I honestly don't. I'm as open minded as they come and as much for equality in the world as the next person whether it be for same sex marriages, discrimination against race, etc. but I don't think that this country is open-minded enough to look at the issues instead of who someone crawls into bed with at night. Witness Bill Clinton, hands down the best President that the United States has even seen but he got a little action on the side and he's out of there. Black or female Presidents will come a lot sooner than a gay one. Sadly it has taken hundreds of years to get their rights to the point of which they are today. Both are still discrimination against and not favored as much as say a white, Republican male from the Hamptons. Sadly that is how we have to live today. It is my prayer that it changes as soon as it possibly can.

good post tribe..i agree
Midee1 Wrote:Would you mind expanding that comment so we all can understand your reasoning?
There are so many things in the bible that are coming true and for someone to say,,How in the world can you think that...either you have never read your bible or you dont believe it.The main thing I find in the good book that tells me it wont be today is this,,,When everybody has heard about Jesus Christ,then I will return.There are still alot of people who have never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ.My aunt and Uncle are missionaries for New Tribes Mission and I emailed them and ask how many people still have not heard the gospel and NTM estimated 6 to 7 million have never heard.Now how long would it take for those to hear the gospel.I dont know.I do think we are in the last of the last days but the bible teaches no man knows the day or the hour when he will come.But we can have an idea,,but not exact.I will tell everyone one thing for sure,,,any body tells you they know exactly the day and hour Jesus is coming back they are either just plain wrong or they are lying to you.
I started another thread on how everyone interpret,s the Holy bible on the end of the world,,sorry if I got too far off the topic.