Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 28 North Laurel 21
Final. Congrats Bears. You did this for Potter!!
I recall me PMing someone at the start of this season and telling them HC would win region.

Only one more to go Confusednicker:
Congrats to Granny's Bears.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I recall me PMing someone at the start of this season and telling them HC would win region.

Only one more to go Confusednicker:
Confusednicker:
Way to go Bears !
Congratulations Harlan County on big win tonight :Cheerlead .
Congrats to the Bears..
Glad HC won this one. I hope they go on and win region.
Last night meant so much to Black Bear Nation!! Playing with high emotion can easily backfire but Coach Creech navigated the team through some mighty troubled waters. Someone sent me a picture of the empty jersey and it brought me to tears.

So congratulations to the Black Bears of Harlan County!! You have proven so much more than you know.

Nothing but good wishes to North Laurel and especially your Seniors!!!

Sounded like this was a great game!!

This one was for Potter!!!!

#BBNforlife
#LiveAboveTheLine
Is next weeks games home or away?
Two big keys in this one. North could never come up with the big turnover, Harlan Co. put in on the ground four times, recovered all of them, the biggest on a kickoff in second quarter after North had gone up 14-0. North recovers and scores there, game is probably over. Then a head scratching decision to me by North late in the third quarter that backfired. Jags had just scored to go up 21-14, tried to surprise HC with an onside kick. Didn’t work, gave Bears a short field, they scored to tie it up. Not the time for that call.

Jose Rodriguez, one of North’s two really good backs, went out with an injury after getting off to a big start, and it made North too predictable, you knew Matt Sizemore was gonna get all the important touches, and HC’s defense stopped him a yard short from inside the Bears 10 on a fourth down with less than a minute to go to seal the win. But it was the Jags inability to stop HC’s quarterback (Colby Cornett?) from scrambling out of the pocket that was the difference, he was great with his legs all night. Overall, really good high school game, HC deserved the hard-fought win. North will now be in rebuild mode for a few seasons now, could see a few lean years. Best of luck to a gutty Black Bear team going forward.
Way to go Granny Bears!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The holding call North is posting on Facebook and Twitter is on #11 who is out of camera view
Great season for the Jags. Won a very competitive district but fell a little short last night.
Van Hagar Wrote:Two big keys in this one. North could never come up with the big turnover, Harlan Co. put in on the ground four times, recovered all of them, the biggest on a kickoff in second quarter after North had gone up 14-0. North recovers and scores there, game is probably over. Then a head scratching decision to me by North late in the third quarter that backfired. Jags had just scored to go up 21-14, tried to surprise HC with an onside kick. Didn’t work, gave Bears a short field, they scored to tie it up. Not the time for that call.

Jose Rodriguez, one of North’s two really good backs, went out with an injury after getting off to a big start, and it made North too predictable, you knew Matt Sizemore was gonna get all the important touches, and HC’s defense stopped him a yard short from inside the Bears 10 on a fourth down with less than a minute to go to seal the win. But it was the Jags inability to stop HC’s quarterback (Colby Cornett?) from scrambling out of the pocket that was the difference, he was great with his legs all night. Overall, really good high school game, HC deserved the hard-fought win. North will now be in rebuild mode for a few seasons now, could see a few lean years. Best of luck to a gutty Black Bear team going forward.

I just got back in town, and was hoping you had posted. I was wanting to read your synopsis of the game. Our starting Senior QB was injured early in the season and Colby stepped in and stepped UP. He's a great athlete and I know he's proud of his performance.

We will probably be rebuilding for the same time frame as North Laurel. We are losing a lot of Seniors this year. I wish them all the best!!

I sure hope Rodriguez is okay.
So who was that that said they had to question what people know about high school football for picking Harlan County? Oh yeah that was Tight End wasn’t it Confusednicker: where are you today, we need your vast knowledge about what happened :hilarious:

As to other NL fans, you had a good season, and soon the race to rebuild will be on between both teams. See ya next season
Pretty sure I'm kin to somebody on Harlan County football team. :beavis:
congrats way to go Harlan County
Demarcus ware Wrote:So who was that that said they had to question what people know about high school football for picking Harlan County? Oh yeah that was Tight End wasn’t it Confusednicker: where are you today, we need your vast knowledge about what happened :hilarious:

As to other NL fans, you had a good season, and soon the race to rebuild will be on between both teams. See ya next season

Now you got me questioning if you understand what you even read????? What I said was quote (you can look it up easy enough right on here it is under: Prognosticators
"I question what some of these people know about High School Football. Someone predicted Lincoln County would beat North Laurel 28-21 too"! Just want to be remembered correctly here!! =)

And, my vast knowledge hasn't changed about North Laurel, I still happen to think NL is a GREAT team, and the score says they were good enough to beat Harlan. Had things gone according to plan which they seldom do in high school football could have been a different ending. Then you throw emotions into the mix and things can and do go array & they did. I will say you live by going up the gut you die by it and NL did! NL QB only threw one pass all night long. The Harland QB as far as I am concerned broke NL's back. The kid is a wizard you could not tell where the ball was in the stands, he kept the fans fooled which is hard to do sometimes. Still love those Senior Jags & we have enjoyed the heck out of following them for the past six years. We will be back in the stands next season a bit at NL and at Whitely Co. Continued good luck to Harlan hope they are able to wrap up the whole thing. Til' next season. Chill gang and enjoy the ride it ends sometimes way too soon! :welcome:
Not sometimes! It ALWAYS ends too soon!!!
BelfryPride Wrote:Way to go Granny Bears!

Good one. Yes, Congratulations Harlan County!
Harlan County has been up and down but we played then game 1 earlier and in my opinion has enough talent across the board to be dangerous to most 5A teams on a given night.
Good size and athletic up front with very talented skill players. Defensively much better than last year which surprised me.
NL is a strong talented team as well but this score does not surprise me.
Congrats Harlan Co. In my opinion Norths schedule keeps them from going deeper in the playoffs every year.
redstone1127 Wrote:Harlan County has been up and down but we played then game 1 earlier and in my opinion has enough talent across the board to be dangerous to most 5A teams on a given night.
Good size and athletic up front with very talented skill players. Defensively much better than last year which surprised me.
NL is a strong talented team as well but this score does not surprise me.
We had so dang many injured so early in the season that it truly effected our team's performance. You don't want to come out and SAY that because it offends your opponents, and Coach Creech will accept no excuses. It isn't like I wanted to dilute the other team's victories but it sounds that way when you line everything up in a post! Wink Bears have done a phenomenal job when you know the back stories of what all has happened. By the same token, I'm sure that a lot of teams have had to overcome injuries and strife over the past few months.

insideinfo Wrote:Congrats Harlan Co. In my opinion Norths schedule keeps them from going deeper in the playoffs every year.
That's a double edged sword. You want to keep winning and substantiating your kids' confidence in the team but at the same time a cupcake schedule will bite you dead in the butt come play off time. It's a balance that's difficult to achieve, IMO.
^Absolutely, it’s a tough tightrope to walk, plus I think we are too quick sometimes to criticize a schedule when maybe some of the teams you are facing are usually better than they might be in that particular year, and it wasn’t expected. North’s non-district schedule was somewhat better this year with games at Somerset and Prestonsburg, but would love to see them add maybe one more strong non-district game from the area, like maybe a Knox Central or Rockcastle Co.
Good Win for Harlan!! Really happy for them.
Was a great night for the Bears!!
Great win for the Bears.