Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
100.00%
Lewis County
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Lewis County 10/13
Russell comes in at 3-4 and Lewis County comes in at 2-5.

Thoughts?
No contest. Russell by a bunch.
Russell 55-7
Russell 50-13
Russell wins big!
Russell by 27.
Russell will win this one by a healthy margin. The future looks bright for the Red Devils as lots of younger players are getting good experience this season.
The injuries for Red Devils has been the killer for this season. First, we lose Ryan Stump which was huge on both sides of the ball. Stump WR would have been the playmaker for QB Church with Stump at 6-3 and a huge target at WR. Then with Stump at DE on the Defensive made plays last year that would have been huge this year. Then we had QB Church that was out all Summer and Pre-Season with Shoulder Injury and he is still suffering through the Injury and is not 100% yet. Then we had Brinkman, Layne, Anderson, Ewing go down and Brinkman and Layne out for the season. Coach Maynard said in the ADI we have lost 3 CB's this year and it has showed in last couple of games vs. Fleming County giving up over 300 yards passing. Without these injuries we could have been 6-1 or 5-2 and 3-0 in the district. The one positive with the Injuries we have been playing a lot of the Freshman and Sophmores and they have been coming through the last 2-3 games. Russell will be awesome in the next 3-4 years with the Freshman and JV teams Russell has this year with the outstanding players on both teams.
Russell by score of 49-19
Russell 56
Lewis County 13

:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
48-14 Russell
Evils with a running clock right after the coin toss.
56-7 Russell. The next week's game vs. Bath County at Russell will probably be for 2nd place in the district and home field for 1st week of playoffs. It looks like that Russell will play Bath County in 1st week of Playoffs at home if they win on Oct. 20th vs. Bath County. Then probably Fleming County away in 2nd week of playoffs.
david5164 Wrote:56-7 Russell. The next week's game vs. Bath County at Russell will probably be for 2nd place in the district and home field for 1st week of playoffs. It looks like that Russell will play Bath County in 1st week of Playoffs at home if they win on Oct. 20th vs. Bath County. Then probably Fleming County away in 2nd week of playoffs.

They don’t play their own district in the first round of the playoffs. I think they will finish second and play Western Hills in the1st round. Then they will play either Lex Cath or Boyle in the 2nd round.
If Fleming County beats Bath County and Russell beats Lewis County and Bath County,Russell will likely play Western Hills or Garrard County in the first round of the playoffs. If Russell were lucky enough to win we would travel to Boyle County or Lexington Catholic.
And yea David5164 Russell is going to play Boyle County in the 2nd Round playoff where they inevitably be defeated and sent home. I wouldn't be so bold as to predict Russell will be awesome over the next 3-4 years. The 2011 Russell Freshman team who went undefeated only finished 8-4 as seniors, while the last state champion team went 2-6 as freshman and 14-1 as seniors. Big difference between Thursday night freshman scrimmages and Friday Night Lights, ESPECIALLY Friday nights against Belfry!
You might argue 8-4 is a good record, but when I was at Russell the expectations were state titles and you were expected to win at least the region every year. The district was our BIRTHRIGHT because we were RUSSELL. This kinda of SWAGG and CONFIDENCE is dead and no longer exists at Russell. I mean losing a home district game on homecoming to anyone wasn't something that was even feasible.
My mistake above it was the 2012 Freshman team that was undefeated
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:You might argue 8-4 is a good record, but when I was at Russell the expectations were state titles and you were expected to win at least the region every year. The district was our BIRTHRIGHT because we were RUSSELL. This kinda of SWAGG and CONFIDENCE is dead and no longer exists at Russell. I mean losing a home district game on homecoming to anyone wasn't something that was even feasible.

Neither was losing at home to Greenup County.....until this year.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:You might argue 8-4 is a good record, but when I was at Russell the expectations were state titles and you were expected to win at least the region every year. The district was our BIRTHRIGHT because we were RUSSELL. This kinda of SWAGG and CONFIDENCE is dead and no longer exists at Russell. I mean losing a home district game on homecoming to anyone wasn't something that was even feasible.

maybe that's the problem. maybe its a sense of entitlement problem.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:maybe that's the problem. maybe its a sense of entitlement problem.

Maybe it is, maybe its also that teams don't fear playing Russell anymore like they use to. For years, it was known that if you went to Russell to play, you weren't going to win. Almost like teams going to play the Pats at home. They have lost the element of intimidation. I would love to see them go deep into the playoffs this year, but the injuries and lack of experience and leadership I think will prevent that.
Absolutely no leadership, which starts from the top (coaching)!! Who calls the plays now anyway? Offense hasn't been the same since Mike Jones retired.
Lewis has potential to make this one a little closer but not sure they can pull off a win, Devils 28 -20
Russell 52

Lewis County 7
49-14 Russell