Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 40 Henry Clay 28
JC gets a hard fought win against a very tough Henry Clay team.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Congrats to the Eagles.
Congrats Eagles!!
Always good to see a Mtn team go to the big city and get a win!
4A Golden Eagles baby:Cheerlead
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC gets a hard fought win against a very tough Henry Clay team.

No doubt JC is the superior team here or at least should be but Henry Clay is as bad as you get in Lexington recently. They've only won 3 of their last 14 games
Gummie Bear Wrote:No doubt JC is the superior team here or at least should be but Henry Clay is as bad as you get in Lexington recently. They've only won 3 of their last 14 games

Shocked HC scored 28 points
Great win boys, keep up the good work.
TigerBlues Wrote:Shocked HC scored 28 points

Why would you be shocked? We have replaced 8 starters on defense while HC offense was a little difference / deceptive and HC was athletic. Hope this enlightened you on why. If not I can get out he coloring book and crayons.
Because Henry Clay is awful dude. They lost nearly half of their roster to Frederick Douglass. That's why TigerBlues is shocked to see them put up 28 on a power mountain team.
A win is a win. HC returned more starters this year than any other year according to HC's Head Coach Sam Simpson; 4 OL and 3 guys from their State Championship 4x100M Relay team in the backfield to name a few. Why did they give up points? With multiple JC players going both ways after losing 8 guys on defense, some guys in their second varsity game ever and sub par Special Teams giving HC great field position allowed them to capitalize. Everyone around the JC program knows that even without Jackson the offense will have to carry this team until the defense can come around. Playing against the size and athletes of a Capital, Lexington Catholic or South Charleston paid off huge for them last year because it forced them to play faster than they are used to. I think this season's schedule including the scrimmage against Huntington will do the same. With all that was going against them JC was still able to pull out a two TD win on the road against a 6A school that lost in OT to a highly touted Ryle team and that is all you can really ask for at this point. This is not the 2016 team but each week they will get better. Those that thought that in Week 2 after losing the best Senior class ever at JC that they would pick right up where they left off are delusional.
Paula Dean Wrote:A win is a win. HC returned more starters this year than any other year according to HC's Head Coach Sam Simpson; 4 OL and 3 guys from their State Championship 4x100M Relay team in the backfield to name a few. Why did they give up points? With multiple JC players going both ways after losing 8 guys on defense, some guys in their second varsity game ever and sub par Special Teams giving HC great field position allowed them to capitalize. Everyone around the JC program knows that even without Jackson the offense will have to carry this team until the defense can come around. Playing against the size and athletes of a Capital, Lexington Catholic or South Charleston paid off huge for them last year because it forced them to play faster than they are used to. I think this season's schedule including the scrimmage against Huntington will do the same. With all that was going against them JC was still able to pull out a two TD win on the road against a 6A school that lost in OT to a highly touted Ryle team and that is all you can really ask for at this point. This is not the 2016 team but each week they will get better. Those that thought that in Week 2 after losing the best Senior class ever at JC that they would pick right up where they left off are delusional.
Nah I disagree and with FERPA law I can"t disclose any players name that left HC to go to Douglass. I mean think about it Sir, If coach Simpson advised you that they have the most returning and talented players coming back, then I guess Tate Creeks and Ryle are or will be a world beaters TC 48-HC 0, Ryle 35- HC 28 after HC was leading 28-0. I think Simpson tried to con you guys to make them sound like a formidable opponent. Hey congrats though. Win is a win especially with against good 6A team.
Didn't Tates Creek beat Henry Clay 48-0?
FBfan4life Wrote:Nah I disagree and with FERPA law I can"t disclose any players name that left HC to go to Douglass. I mean think about it Sir, If coach Simpson advised you that they have the most returning and talented players coming back, then I guess Tate Creeks and Ryle are or will be a world beaters TC 48-HC 0, Ryle 35- HC 28 after HC was leading 28-0. I think Simpson tried to con you guys to make them sound like a formidable opponent. Hey congrats though. Win is a win especially with against good 6A team.

I have never talked with Simpson just going by what he has told various media outlets including this article. Why is everyone worried about us when we knew what to expect when the season started? We look like a team that has played 2 games right now against much larger schools and more athletic kids and pulled out 2 wins by 2 scores without help from our best RB. The sky is not falling in Johnson County and we know we got to work on getting better. It isn't your W-L record in August or September that we are worried about, it is the one in November-December that we are working towards. On to the next.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/sports/If-He...69903.html
I think there's multiple factors that went into this score. The game being moved to a day earlier, the trip down the parkway, etc. Let's focus on the positives here and that is that we are 2-0 and we are seeing some improvements on D. Devin Johnson is an athlete plain and simple. On Henry Clay's final drive there were multiple good moves on D. Go Eagles!
JC is the clear number 1 team in 4a!
TigerBlues Wrote:Shocked HC scored 28 points

I'm even more shocked that the #1 team in Class A football got beat by a team ranked almost 5,000 in the nation at home.
FBfan4life Wrote:Because Henry Clay is awful dude. They lost nearly half of their roster to Frederick Douglass. That's why TigerBlues is shocked to see them put up 28 on a power mountain team.

I have been looking on the KHSAA sight and i can not find the style points system.

NO SURE IF YOU UNDERSTOOD my last post but we have 8 new starts on defense against an unusual offense. Lots of big plays. That why we play 10 games to get better.
Tttyg