Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017-2018 13th Region
Any 13th Region Scrimmages going on?
Not sure on scrimmages OlRed, but I know you keep up with the region, so here's an interesting piece of info for you. Apparently, Reagan Hubbard, the big girl that moved in to North last year, is not going to play this year. I was told that several weeks ago, and on the updated KHSAA rosters her name is nowhere to be found. In my mind that drops North from maybe the spot after HC and South, to more of a good, but not much chance to win the region type team.
Why is she not playing? I heard good things about her earlier in the year.
She hadn't played for several years until last season.
North has a group of very good guards. I think it changed their game when they had to go to a half-court offense. I would still put them 3-4 with Clay County.
I was told that... I hate that for the girl more than the team. I heard she already had offers for college starting to come in. I guess that happens when you are that big with hands. North is still good but probably not HC good. I thought that even with her though. They will still be good though. It’s Harlan Counties to lose with SL a decent chance and maybe NL a slim chance for an upset. Clay is my dark horse team though. That style they play kills me but it will always keep you winning. With everyone back and a good middle school group they are going to be better this year than last! I just think HC is to talented and big for almost everyone in this region this year. You would have to shoot the 3 really well to beat them, because they will have better shots and more opportunities with that size.
We will have an idea of how slim the chance is for NL the first week of season. They open with Harlan County and then play in the WYMT the next week. I’m guessing a 20+ game for HC at North and then HC winning another WYMT the next week.
HCS Wrote:She hadn't played for several years until last season.
North has a group of very good guards. I think it changed their game when they had to go to a half-court offense. I would still put them 3-4 with Clay County.
I agree that North is actually better off not having to play the half court game, just think a team like HC with their size (and talent) will just be too much.
Van Hagar Wrote:I agree that North is actually better off not having to play the half court game, just think a team like HC with their size (and talent) will just be too much.

HC will be to much but that was going to be the case in my opinion either way. NL would have to shoot a very good percentage from 3 to have a chance. I like NL in the future. Good sophomores and 8th graders. This is HC’s year. It would be a tremendous upset if they don’t in my opinion.
Harlan County is #11 in the state and would probably be around top 5 if they hadn’t slipped up against Harlan Ind. The 13th should be theirs. I will say that Gross to me is the most “dominate” player in the region.
I don’t get all the praise for North. They’ve never won the 49th district, much less the 13th region. Before you start talking about how will they beat Harlan County,you better discuss how will they beat Clay!
Olred Wrote:Harlan County is #11 in the state and would probably be around top 5 if they hadn’t slipped up against Harlan Ind. The 13th should be theirs. I will say that Gross to me is the most “dominate” player in the region.

You think Harlan is #5 in state? Really? Are you drunken?
KingCommodore Wrote:You think Harlan is #5 in state? Really? Are you drunken?

They do have the top 9 players back from a team that beat the 14th Region champions by 17 last year. On a good day, they could be a top five or 10 team. On a bad day, they could lose to several teams around here.
HCS Wrote:They do have the top 9 players back from a team that beat the 14th Region champions by 17 last year. On a good day, they could be a top five or 10 team. On a bad day, they could lose to several teams around here.

Alot of people think we got a top player in the state on our team. We will be a hard out.
walterwhite Wrote:I don’t get all the praise for North. They’ve never won the 49th district, much less the 13th region. Before you start talking about how will they beat Harlan County,you better discuss how will they beat Clay!

I wasn’t praising North... I was saying they don’t have a chance against Harlan County. I think next weeks game will be a blow out. I do think North is a good team this year and one of the best in the 13th but Harlan County is on a different level. As far as the Clay county thing they may still not beat clay this year but they do have the better team in my opinion. Burchell has done the best job of coaching in his career the last few years and Clay will stay competitive this year and will only get better as the good middle schoolers get older. I can’t remember the 7th graders name I seen this year for clay but she was great and the curry girl will be good too!
KingCommodore Wrote:You think Harlan is #5 in state? Really? Are you drunken?

Drunken possibly... but I still think Harlan County is that good. They could prove me wrong this season though. We will find out in the next few weeks. I like perry too though. Two really good guards in the mountains will always keep you near the top.
Harlan Co problem is their coaching. They have by fair the best players.
KingCommodore Wrote:Alot of people think we got a top player in the state on our team. We will be a hard out.

Harlan County beat the team that beat you by 17, so if they aren't very good then what does that say about Perry?
I like those Green dragons!