Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoked mountain classic
Who's playing in it from the area? An does any local team have a chance win it?
I think Hazard,Perry,and Leslie are playing in it but not for sure who they play. These 3 teams will represent the mountains very good I'm sure
South Laurel as well
South could play PCC, North could play Hazard and Leslie.
Good luck to all teams involved.
There are usually like 5 to 6 different brackets to play in. They try and keep it by school size. I know Paintstville and Leslie play tomorrow evening at 7 pm.

If I'm not mistaken. You can find the bracket on the Paintsville Lady Tigers Facebook page. I know for a fact that the bracket for next weeks tourney at Raceland is on there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Brackets

http://www.bballinthesmokies.com/brackets
Boys:
South Laurel won
North Laure won
Corbin won
Perry Central won

Girls:
South Laurel won
North Laurel won
Perry Central won
South Floyd won
Paintsville won
Betsy Lane lost
Williamsburg lost
Leslie Co. Lost

Thats all I know of right now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nice day for the mountain teams.
ekff Wrote:Boys:
South Laurel won
North Laure won
Corbin won
Perry Central won

Girls:
South Laurel won
North Laurel won
Perry Central won
South Floyd won
Paintsville won
Betsy Lane lost
Williamsburg lost
Leslie Co. Lost

my bulldogs won too!!!
ekff Wrote:Boys:
South Laurel won
North Laure won
Corbin won
Perry Central won

Girls:
South Laurel won
North Laurel won
Perry Central won
South Floyd won
Paintsville won
Betsy Lane lost
Williamsburg lost
Leslie Co. Lost

is south Floyd even down there , they were bracketed to play south laurel an they played someone else?
Girls played Williamsburg and boys played Jackson county .
Not sure I understand why KY teams travel this far to play other KY teams that are within 1 or 2 hours from home. I don't see a problem in the travel or overnight stay but it seems you'd want to play out of state schools. Is there a KHSAA rule that requires them to play KY teams.
Don't really know how they pick the teams you play, but PCC girls played a Tenn team their first game and won now they play another Tenn team tonight
Ky teams are the best in it. That's why they end up playing each other in the end.
hazard beat Seymour Tennessee yesterday and got beat in overtime today by north laurel
Looks like Williamsburg and Betsy Lane struggled. I think I would want a very good team to go play in this Tourney.