Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan 2017
Any Predictions?
Has anyone got a schedule?
How many did Seniors did they loose? How many juniors do they have ?
It's a shame to have as much talent as they do And not a have a coach to put them in winning situations.
True they are good talent there . Not sure how many seniors they lost . They have some good juniors still I think the running back was a junior . They will have to use JB Brock and Kendal Brock will have to play many places this year. The quarterback stayed also.
Kendal Brock is now at Leslie Co
I thought he was placing basketball with HHS the other night . Hate that that will hurt.
JB Donahue is a very good coach in my opinion. Now that it appears he has resigned we will see how the next coach fares with the talent. Donahue is well respected and generally regarded as a very solid coach amoung the many coaches who know and have coached against him. This is not good for 1A football in the mountains.
Guess u will get your wish. Let's just see how much talent has really been there lol
Coach Luttrell has a few returning skill
players to build around, but I think the key will be how good that can become defensively.
Did the Brock kid return?
Yes Brock is officially back at Harlan
Brock is an exceptional talent looking forward to playing against him this season!
Ashland plays at Harlan Saturday Aug 19th. TBA and not sure we have ever played Harlan in my lifetime.
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland plays at Harlan Saturday Aug 19th. TBA and not sure we have ever played Harlan in my lifetime.

Fairly sure Ashland is playing Harlan County and not Harlan Independent.

This is the thread for Harlan Independent
Correct play Harlan County
Ashland has never played Harlan County, and I don't think they ever played Harlan. I think Evarts is the only Harlan County team to play to Ashland, and I think that was in the 1960s. Cawood played Boyd County in 1980.
A friend reminded me that Cawood had played Ashland in the playoffs, maybe a couple of times. The games were pretty forgettable from a Harlan County perspective since the Tomcats won big.
Cumberland played Ashland in the 90's. My brothers son was on that team and we went.
Coach Donahue will be sorely missed by Dragons.
Nothing more manly than the name Harlan. Arrrrrgggghhh arrrrggghhhh arrrgggghhhh
How's it looking this year boys ? Excited been out to field Brock was not practicing heard he is out with a bum knee . Seen some new faces . Will Brock be ready for first game ? Do we have new lineman ?