Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co @ Middlesboro 8/19
Middlesboro and so many excuses for everything. The buck has to stop somewhere. Super, , Coach or Talent. They use whatever fits the topic. Lets go back to this game friday, who wins trashtalker. In the end that is all that we will remember.
I picked MHS by 3
Bell by 12
Both teams are lucky to Have this as there first game. Bell needs work under new staff. Middlesboro needs work after disappointing season. Hopefully both teams can find something to build on Friday night. Humfleet gives Bell the edge with talent. Middlesboro has advantage with coaching staff. I think it will be close and ugly 21- 14 Bell
Objective Wrote:Both teams are lucky to Have this as there first game. Bell needs work under new staff. Middlesboro needs work after disappointing season. Hopefully both teams can find something to build on Friday night. Humfleet gives Bell the edge with talent. Middlesboro has advantage with coaching staff. I think it will be close and ugly 21- 14 Bell

I don't really get the advantage in coaching staff comment. While Bell's staff is thin they have some quality coaches. Middlesboro's current staff is 6-15. Not something to hang your hat on fair or not because of talent.
How do u know bells staff will be around long enough for a 6-15 record? Doesn't seem like anyone in charge is to
High on them right now!
ArJay Wrote:I don't really get the advantage in coaching staff comment. While Bell's staff is thin they have some quality coaches. Middlesboro's current staff is 6-15. Not something to hang your hat on fair or not because of talent.

Advantage in the fact they have spent more time with kids and been around longer than a new coaching staff
Objective Wrote:Advantage in the fact they have spent more time with kids and been around longer than a new coaching staff

I do agree with that point.
Bell by at least 2 scores
Bell looked pretty ragged in our scrimmage. No first downs against KC 1st team D. Scrimmage or not that has to be a first. On the bright side, Humfleet is for real. Speed for days. And some good size on the line. Just not the offensive machine you expect from Bell.

That said, no idea what M has this year. Still, based on recent history I give them the edge by 7.
Mboro still lacking the physicality. Bell not what we r use to. Just don't think Mboro can handle someone running right at them. I think Mboro will break a couple cause they still have some kids who can run. Let's say 35-21 Bell
JerryGarcia Wrote:Mboro still lacking the physicality. Bell not what we r use to. Just don't think Mboro can handle someone running right at them. I think Mboro will break a couple cause they still have some kids who can run. Let's say 35-21 Bell

You hit on what I see to be a our biggest weakness which is a group of linebackers who, while improved, are still not what they should be. Last year, there wasn't hardly any forward movement by the LBs. I did see some at the grid and think they're bigger than last year, but still didn't see the aggressiveness that the position requires to be successful.

If Bell decides to come out and throw however, I think the advantage in this game immediately shifts to Middlesboro.
I have to say I just seen clips from the Bell High scrimmage and this is the worst team Bell has had since I have known of the program up and running. I was confused for a second if I was seeing Bell highs varsity or their middle school team. If Middlesboro loses friday night they deserve the loss and would loose my respect as well loosing to such a weak team.
Really, wait till next years Bell team.
What was their middle school team like last year?
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:What was their middle school team like last year?

Below average, especially for Bell.
Bell Co has a pretty good team this year in Middle School with 32 players out. Picked up a kid from Boro. Tyson Thomas. Good kid. Hate to lose him to Bell.
Bell by 28.
As we get closer, I'm more and more nervous about our defense. Hope the DLine goes off.
I think Bell Co.
Everyone has been quiet these last few days. I guess it's because there is nothing left to say. My hope for MHS (aside from wanting a win) is just that we seem improved, we compete until the final second, and we play with class. I truly think this game is a toss up. Even though I think Middlesboro has a few more weapons, I'm aware of the fact that Bell has THE weapon right now. Should be fun.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Everyone has been quiet these last few days. I guess it's because there is nothing left to say. My hope for MHS (aside from wanting a win) is just that we seem improved, we compete until the final second, and we play with class. I truly think this game is a toss up. Even though I think Middlesboro has a few more weapons, I'm aware of the fact that Bell has THE weapon right now. Should be fun.

I give you a ton of crap, but I know you know some football and we both know it is not the weapons but what is up front. I believe ours are a little better. That in my opinion will be the difference. Bell by 21
Bell by 45.. After this week of practice!
Think the game could go in either direction. I could see Bell winning by 21 or Mboro winning by 14. I think Bell has to be the favorite with Humfleet being the difference maker. Bell is down this year but still much better than Mboro up front and I think that will be the difference. Middlesboro's best chance would be for Bell to try and throw some and Ellison has to have a good game, distributing the ball to Boro's athletes consistently. He was nervous last week and I'd say we'll see some of the same with this being his 1st game in front of the home crowd and it being a rivalry game. If he can settle in and play how he's capable before Bell starts really pounding, then Middlesboro has a real shot, IMO.

Should be a good one. Good luck to both teams tonight!
Just wondering where this "almighty" bell team is?? Alot of people predicting Bell with 300 rushing yards behind one kid in the first half and a "running clock". 20 to 12 Bell at the half right now and I have yet to see the clock continously running.
Bell Co All Star back Humfleet is out of the game. That's why.