Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 49 South Laurel 13
North Laurel 49 - South Laurel 13

North Laurel is BACK to what the team had been up until last week they were on tonight in a BIG way! Several thought that week off hurt them at the game tonight. They announced Nelson now has over 2000 yds for the season as of tonight. McWhorter, threw a TD bomb, to Hays (TE). Defense stepped it up had some interceptions, 2 for TD's one from the other McWhorter (LB) one from Sharp (CB). The O'Line and D'Line both were solid tonight. JV saw a lot of action in the 2nd half of the game and looked good. The Jags put in a solid performance, the fans and crowd left happy from the Jungle tonight! Way to come back Jags!

:Thumbs:
Still haven't beaten anyone!!!
Congrats to North.
Congratulations North Laurel!!!

Good luck in the rest of your post season games.
The best team they have beaten is 3-8
Congrats to North.
Iam4thecats Wrote:The best team they have beaten is 3-8

Whitley County 6-5. Somebody could be fudging the facts.
Harlan County 4-7. Letcher County Central 4-7.
E's Army Wrote:Whitley County 6-5. Somebody could be fudging the facts.

The fact is Lincoln is the best team they have beaten. I didn't mention best record.
I do agree lincoln is best team north has beaten. North had their hands full that night with them.
Tight End Wrote:North Laurel 49 - South Laurel 13

North Laurel is BACK to what the team had been up until last week they were on tonight in a BIG way! Several thought that week off hurt them at the game tonight. They announced Nelson now has over 2000 yds for the season as of tonight. McWhorter, threw a TD bomb, to Hays (TE). Defense stepped it up had some interceptions, 2 for TD's one from the other McWhorter (LB) one from Sharp (CB). The O'Line and D'Line both were solid tonight. JV saw a lot of action in the 2nd half of the game and looked good. The Jags put in a solid performance, the fans and crowd left happy from the Jungle tonight! Way to come back Jags!

:Thumbs:
as much as I would like to see McWhorter throw a few bombs that was no bomb last nite. 8 yard pass and then a run but I did like seeing them try a few passes. North looked like they have worked on a few things just for playoff time. once larkey called timeout cause they looked like they ran a new formation wrong. Hayes with only his 2nd catch of the year just bumfuzzels me.
Sw run defense is stout. big strong up front and move extremely well for their size and strength. Gonna be interesting. I talked to larkey for most of south lincoln game few weeks ago and he is no dummy. He knows how strong sw is upfront. I am very interested to see what he does.
oh sw secondary is the weak spot and he knows that too so we will see
ky playmaker Wrote:I do agree lincoln is best team north has beaten. North had their hands full that night with them.

If I remember correctly, this was less than a one score game halfway through the 4th qtr.

I would have to say that next weeks home playoff game against Southwestern is the biggest game in North Laurel's football programs history. Will be a big opportunity to show that the 9-1 regular season wasn't a fluke and that North is in fact ready to make the next step. A loss will allow all the critics to call out the schedule that Larkey had this season and will once again be considered a pretender. A win will make the critics disappear……maybe even forever, but at least until next August.
Leonards_loser Wrote:If I remember correctly, this was less than a one score game halfway through the 4th qtr.

I would have to say that next weeks home playoff game against Southwestern is the biggest game in North Laurel's football programs history. Will be a big opportunity to show that the 9-1 regular season wasn't a fluke and that North is in fact ready to make the next step. A loss will allow all the critics to call out the schedule that Larkey had this season and will once again be considered a pretender. A win will make the critics disappear……maybe even forever, but at least until next August.

agree!!!!!
Not to sure how good SW defense is. They couldn't stop Whitley last night in the second half.

But they did hold Pulaski County to 50 a few weeks back.
Congrats JAGS! You looked like you did mid-season last night, motivated and ready, now you are where you want to be!! No love lost between the JAGS and the Warriors! :redboxer: Get'er Boys :Thumbs: God Bless & Go JAGS!!!
Willie Turnover Wrote:Not to sure how good SW defense is. They couldn't stop Whitley last night in the second half.

But they did hold Pulaski County to 50 a few weeks back.
2nd half means nothing in a blowout. heck south beat north in the 2nd half also
ky playmaker Wrote:2nd half means nothing in a blowout. heck south beat north in the 2nd half also

NL JV played most of the 2nd half.
Blitzer Wrote:NL JV played most of the 2nd half.
thats my point.
Congratulation North Laurel on win against South. :Cheerlead
North will have to throw it some to keep sw honest if they don't could be a long nite for the jags
For all the kids at South keep ur head up and keep working.
ky playmaker Wrote:as much as I would like to see McWhorter throw a few bombs that was no bomb last nite. 8 yard pass and then a run but I did like seeing them try a few passes. North looked like they have worked on a few things just for playoff time. once larkey called timeout cause they looked like they ran a new formation wrong. Hayes with only his 2nd catch of the year just bumfuzzels me.

He only threw 2 passes last night completed them both one resulted in a TD.
Blitzer Wrote:He only threw 2 passes last night completed them both one resulted in a TD.

We tried to pass about 4 or 5 times last night but the QB ran on some of them. If we do that I will be happy no team has stopped are run game. in the game north lost we tried to pass a lot more just did not have time QB roll out two or more people on him before he could pass. This line is a RUN block team they do not pass block. NORTH had more rushing yards then the Indians last week and I thank more pass yards and lost because we tried to pass in the red zone way too much. I am a north fan and you need to pass 5 to 6 times a game just to keep teams honest and at least two of them will be big plays. but north is a RUN TEAM and that is what they practice. Not to sound mean but if people want a pass team not going to happen at North.
NOTH rush yards 259 INDIANS rush yards 213 NORTH pass yards 68 INDIANS pass yards 55 NOTH PASS ATTEMPTS 12
To be honest what they have been doing all season seems to be working for all the armchair QB'ing going on here (self included). I wish them luck, hoping they can win. I do think if something isn't working for them they have the ability to change things up a bit, with the talent on this team. Win or lose we have had a lot of good times this season following this fun team.
Blitzer Wrote:To be honest what they have been doing all season seems to be working for all the armchair QB'ing going on here (self included). I wish them luck, hoping they can win. I do think if something isn't working for them they have the ability to change things up a bit, with the talent on this team. Win or lose we have had a lot of good times this season following this fun team.

This team win or lose has a lot to be proud of this year and I am very proud of them and just don't thank they need to change anything in the next weeks. to late in the year to change what you are. just pass to keep teams honest and run it right at them like north has done all year. :Thumbs: