•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Belfry 9/18
Belfry 40 Pikeville 14
I see a lot of post of a high scoring game and Belfry winning by 3 td's. I see this as a ball control game and two teams with tough defenses. I think it will be close, unless they're turnovers. Pikeville cannot turn the ball over to have a chance. Hoping for an exciting, well played, season building and injury free game.
Pikeville 22
Belfry 20
killbilly usmc Wrote:If Pikeville wins Belfry fans will say Daric Pugh played chicken shit football, and was avoiding there defensive players by making them miss instead of letting them hit him head on.

I dont think it is possible for Pugh to even play that way.

He's a guy who runs to contact, not from it.
http://medicalleader.org/pdf/september_18_2015_a.pdf

Looking at the EKB Schedule for this week on Page 19 and it doesn't mention anything about KEBTV broadcasting it live tonight.

Shows times for the replay but nothing for Friday night.
^ Haywood won't consent to a live stream @ CAM.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ Haywood won't consent to a live stream @ CAM.

There are only two replays scheduled as well.

Usually EKBTV does about 4 of them over a week.
EKBs games are recorded and for rebroadcast. Live streams are allowed like the Pike County Bowl...it's more of a C.C. Reed thing than a Haywood thing lol!
Btw EKB radio is just as good as "seeing" the game:biggrin: Tune in tonight for a "different", "special" broadcast!
bucslover68 Wrote:Btw EKB radio is just as good as "seeing" the game:biggrin: Tune in tonight for a "different", "special" broadcast!

"Special" is a very appropriate word

Big Grin
Where can you listen to this on the radio?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:"Special" is a very appropriate word

Big Grin

You will see when u tune in lol!
TjPirate20 Wrote:Where can you listen to this on the radio?

http://www.wdhr.com

And seriously... I wouldn't trade the Belfry radio crew for another HS crew in the State. If anyone has not listened to a broadcast Norman and Mickey really do a sensational job.
Is that short bus "special"?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:www.wdhr.com

And seriously... I wouldn't trade the Belfry radio crew for another HS crew in the State. If anyone has not listened to a broadcast Norman and Mickey really do a sensational job.
Prepare to start trading. lol

Big Grin
Is it due to the recognition Belfry plans to have for past teams/players from previous decades, or the fact this is hyped by ARH as the "Battle of the Mountains Bowl"? :eyeroll::biggrin:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:http://www.wdhr.com

I second this statement. Bobby and Coach Mick are def Belfry fans but they will flat out tell you when the Pirates are doing something poorly, stinking it up or just plain stinking. They are only a little on the Homer side and I really couldn't go a game without them. Even when games are streamed I listen to their audio broadcast along with the video.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I second this statement. Bobby and Coach Mick are def Belfry fans but they will flat out tell you when the Pirates are doing something poorly, stinking it up or just plain stinking. They are only a little on the Homer side and I really couldn't go a game without them. Even when games are streamed I listen to their audio broadcast along with the video.
I will say I really enjoy the Coach's job he does. Don't know him and haven't listened much, but the little I have,, he does a great job!

Big Grin

Kinda like a joint venture? :biggrin:
Big Five-0- Wrote:Kinda like a joint venture? :biggrin:

Inmates running the asylum tonight
PHSForever Wrote:No, saying that is not illegal or chicken sh*t because Pirate 1991 was whining about cut blocks. I said we could complain about gator rolling but didn't. He claimed he had never heard of it so it "had obviously never been done". I just simply referred him to last years film. Don't put words or meaning where there is none. Lots of teams and players gator roll and cut block. As long as it's within the rules, no one really has any right to gripe about it, nor insinuate that Pikeville players are somehow less "manly" for cut blocking. It's no different than any other strategy. Pirate1991 is simply a parent who thinks he knows more than he actually does and gets on here and flaps his gums before his brain has had a chance to process a thought. No filter. :biggrin:
I'm gonna tell you like I tell everybody else that is a chickenshit like you on here. You wanna hear me flap my gums. Come find me. Dennis Whitey Gibbs. I know what I'm talkin about. I never said it was illegal. I said it was chickenshit. Yes I do fear it will take my sons knee out. What parent wouldn't be worried of that. But for you to call me out on here. Bitch we can talk at the game
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:I'm gonna tell you like I tell everybody else that is a chickenshit like you on here. You wanna hear me flap my gums. Come find me. Dennis Whitey Gibbs. I know what I'm talkin about. I never said it was illegal. I said it was chickenshit. Yes I do fear it will take my sons knee out. What parent wouldn't be worried of that. But for you to call me out on here. Bitch we can talk at the game

I'm sorry sir, but you yourself must not know much about football, if you think it's "chickenshit" you do what you have to do to win at all costs on the field. This isn't flag football, this is a rivalry game and if cut blocking gives the team an advantage, why would they not do it? Last year at a Prestonsburg and valley region championship the wildcats cut all game long. Do you think they thought it was chickenshit when they were holding the region trophy at the end? No. If belfry was matched up with someone they had to cut and done it effectivly and won the game would you call that "chickenshit football". Nah cause you do what you have to do to win. Hell we use to throw punches in piles, twist ankles, etc. We done that to get an advantage to win. This is a fight & if you have to bring a ball bat to it to win, do it. I pray your son doesn't get hurt or any other injuries for that part but you either never played football or don't understand it well enough to know that there's no rules on that field for 48 minutes unless you get caught. You do what you have to do to win. Plain and simple. Every team does what they have to.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:I'm gonna tell you like I tell everybody else that is a chickenshit like you on here. You wanna hear me flap my gums. Come find me. Dennis Whitey Gibbs. I know what I'm talkin about. I never said it was illegal. I said it was chickenshit. Yes I do fear it will take my sons knee out. What parent wouldn't be worried of that. But for you to call me out on here. Bitch we can talk at the game
Lol. Keep flapping them gums, keyboard warrior. You're awfully sensitive. Your skin is about as thick as 1 ply toilet paper. If you're worried about your sons knees getting blown out, there's a million ways that can happen, not just cut blocks. Chill out. I never said you said it was illegal, I said it was not illegal. You want to make a threat because someone called you out for being ignorant about cut blocks not being unmanly, and that they're a valid defensive strategy, you need help this board can't provide you.
I assure you and anybody knows I am not a keyboard warrior. Lol. It's not a strategy. It's a chickenshit way of playing football when you cannot play with the big boys. It's called get off your block. You can grab and use your hands as a defensive player. You ain't called nothing out on here. You are just saying you are chickenshit to. I have very tough skin. Come see for yourself. Everybody knows me.
Gator95 Wrote:I'm sorry sir, but you yourself must not know much about football, if you think it's "chickenshit" you do what you have to do to win at all costs on the field. This isn't flag football, this is a rivalry game and if cut blocking gives the team an advantage, why would they not do it? Last year at a Prestonsburg and valley region championship the wildcats cut all game long. Do you think they thought it was chickenshit when they were holding the region trophy at the end? No. If belfry was matched up with someone they had to cut and done it effectivly and won the game would you call that "chickenshit football". Nah cause you do what you have to do to win. Hell we use to throw punches in piles, twist ankles, etc. We done that to get an advantage to win. This is a fight & if you have to bring a ball bat to it to win, do it. I pray your son doesn't get hurt or any other injuries for that part but you either never played football or don't understand it well enough to know that there's no rules on that field for 48 minutes unless you get caught. You do what you have to do to win. Plain and simple. Every team does what they have to.
As I say again. Belfry would never do that. We play football. Have you ever seen belfry play more than three on the line of scrimmage. No. We may call it a 5-2. But it's really a 3-4. And we read the blockers head and get down he line. That's football.
Now I will give you this. Subbing. Meaning they bear crawl. That's not do in at the knees. That clogging up the middle. Last year they dove at the knees. That where I have a problem.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:As I say again. Belfry would never do that. We play football. Have you ever seen belfry play more than three on the line of scrimmage. No. We may call it a 5-2. But it's really a 3-4. And we read the blockers head and get down he line. That's football.
As I say again, Belfry doesn't have to do that, look at the size of your line. You expect pikevilke to sit there and let the blocks take place abd get pushed fish the fiekd all night and watch belfry be successful? Moron lol. and yes I have seen belfry play twice already, tonigjt will make 3 times. I'd like to see you get off a block of Cole bently then tell me cutting is chicken shit football. But wait let me guess, you were better than him and got off any block whenever you wanted.
Those mean boys are blocking me wrong again mommy!!!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Those mean boys are blocking me wrong again mommy!!!!!
Confusednicker:
Ok guys, lets keep it civil.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)