Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Get Jeff Conine
The Cincinnati Reds have obtained veteran Jeff
Conine (KO'-nine) from the Philadelphia Phillies in a trade for a
pair of minor leaguers. Conine adds outfield help for the Reds and also could see duty
at first base. He has also played third base in his 16-season
major-league career.

The 40-year-old Conine hit .268 last season with ten homers and
66 RBIs for Baltimore and Philadelphia. The Phillies got him from
Baltimore in a trade in August.

The two-time All-Star played for both Florida Marlins' world
champion teams.

The Reds designated infielder Brendan Harris for assignment
after today's trade.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Go Reds
My goodness, could the Reds make any worse of a deal. Conine? Why would you want a 40 year old player? Same reason they went and got Weathers and Merker I guess. Next season could be a joke.
Done the same thing with the pitchers they acquired last season. They were washed-up and didnt have anything left in the tank, I dont see why they keep on getting the veterans, maybe for experience, but what they need is young talent that is more athletic and quicker, hopefully this acqusition can be a good one, but it probably wont be.
WOW..Would have been great news if it was 1993!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:WOW..Would have been great news if it was 1993!

Smile how true it is.

haha...got that right.
I do like Jeff Conine though..Always have!
For a first, the Reds traded their soon to be named minor leaguers for a veteran (old, and washed up that is). Usually the other way around.
Hey..wait one minute..he will bat 239. Hot 8 dingers and end up with around 25 RBI's. Isn't that productive in Cincy? With the 239. BA he will give Dunn a run for his money!
I know, I know..You all won a championship in 1990 and you all had the Big Red Machine...So how can I talk about the Reds..
Yeah, that's what we needed was another 40 year old Rolleyes .
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Hey..wait one minute..he will bat 239. Hot 8 dingers and end up with around 25 RBI's. Isn't that productive in Cincy? With the 239. BA he will give Dunn a run for his money!

But no one will compete with Dunn when it comes to strikeouts. Hes got that on lockdown, lol.
LOL, so very true!
HAHAHAHA
Will he be wearing 19?