Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next outstanding Running Back at Russell
Russell has 2 of the top 10 backs in states history in a lot of catagories by KHSAA,, Josh Gross and Kasey Clark... WHOS NEXT???????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Next years running backs by commitee. Tyler Jones, Drew Abrams and David Bailey.
Jones has to be the guy to get 1,000 plus yards rushing next year and he won't get it done at QB.

Put Cordle at QB and let Tyler get 45 TDs. Who's with me?
DevilsWin Wrote:Jones has to be the guy to get 1,000 plus yards rushing next year and he won't get it done at QB.

Put Cordle at QB and let Tyler get 45 TDs. Who's with me?
Thats alot of TD's,but who knows.Jones will be the prime back,but watch out for Bailey to get as many yards as Tyler.
With the 2 6'7 guys I think I could run behind themSmile
Bailey probably has the most speed but he'll just be a Jr.

2007 is the year of Tyler Jones.

If Bailey can get 1,000yds rushing and Jones can get 1,500 yds rushing and Cordle can get at least 1,000yds or more passing/rushing combined make your reservation for Louisville the first week of December.
I agree with ya DEVILSWIN.... The move of Tyler to Feature back and allowing Cordle to play QB would allow Russell with a fantstic backfield.... Jones returns as the leading total offense in yardage from a team that played in the Big One.... Baily played inthe big one and then the other backs have all played in Varsity this year.. Great experience and the line WILL improve....
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Russell always has more than just one back to go to ,look at Abrams Jr ,Baily Jr ,Cordle Jr ,Jones Sr. QB,Rice Soph,Smith Soph ,and Jones Soph.
You never knom who is going to step up and take charge.this is not including the ends and wide recievers
True- Animal but all you hear since the the trip back from the VILLE is that Russell is loosing their team next year with certain people gone....
I think the team will continue to be an eye blacker for alot of team sin our area and in the running for the carpet.. I talked to John Norman just a bit ago and it is true..... We, Russell, were happy with the district wins year in and year out... Now it has become,, you play inthe big one and nothing less. This builds the energy of the kids and they know what they need to do.. PLay the best game they can play every game and let the chips fall where they may,,, Lets keep hoping that they continue to fall in the VILLE.
Hopefully, they'll move Cordle to QB and then well have Abrams, Jones, Baily, Rice, & Smith. I think Travis Jones, So will still be too small to help out too much ion the varsity level. I heard that Foster wants to move to FB next year. If we have have a line of 6"8" 300+, tackle, 6'6" 300+ Guard, 6'4" 300+ center, 6'5" 250 Guard, and 6'8" 300+ tackle plus ends that will be good sized as wel, I think we could afford to move Foster 6'1" 190 to FB. Plus we have Josh Hopper, who is very athletic. Too Bad we'll still be slooooow......Smile Should be interesting.
Well we should be a very good team again next year and i think that we will make it back to the VILLE,As long as we keep playing as a team like we have been for the past two years.But anyways hope to see you all next year from the sidelines!!!!!!!!!
Russell seems to always have great running backs and players all around.
I see Tyler staying at QB, Bailey at one RB, Hopper at FB, and Abrams at the other RB, with Cordle as the backup like he was this year. Why change the QB with what he did this year? That just would not make since to change.
out all the combinations of boy made I think almost all of them need some meet put on their bones to be as good as kasey. besides the heart and skill he has he is a fairly good sized kid.
Cordle needs to put on 15+ pounds, It will be hard for him to [B]run the wing -t. You need size, speed and be able to give a hit as well as take one.
AJ may need to put on 15-30 pounds but I will see him being alot bigger come this summer... With the arm he has and the speed he has he is aboutt he same size or bigger than Beekman, You cant tell me he did not make it tough on people.... AJ will be fine...
t-cat50 Wrote:out all the combinations of boy made I think almost all of them need some meet put on their bones to be as good as kasey. besides the heart and skill he has he is a fairly good sized kid.

Jones - 6'0" 200lbs
Abrams - 6'0" 180lbs
Hopper - 6'0" 180lbs
Will Rice - 5'9" 175lbs
Kamron Smith - 5'9" 185lbs

These kids are not small.

David Baily though not very big showed some great toughness and running ability and even got a couple of varsity starts at CB due to injuries. I don't think size will be a problem.
FBALL Wrote:Jones - 6'0" 200lbs
Abrams - 6'0" 180lbs
Hopper - 6'0" 180lbs
Will Rice - 5'9" 175lbs
Kamron Smith - 5'9" 185lbs

These kids are not small.

David Baily though not very big showed some great toughness and running ability and even got a couple of varsity starts at CB due to injuries. I don't think size will be a problem.
jones only looks about 160. so I see a little inflation in that
t-cat50 Wrote:jones only looks about 160. so I see a little inflation in that

If Jones looks 160 then Clark is only about 170-175. I think we have had this discussion before. I believe that we will be fine size wise.
Last week i ran into jones at the basketball game and he said he has been lifting everyday since the east carter playoff game which to me he looks like he weighs well over 200 pounds
t-cat50 Wrote:jones only looks about 160. so I see a little inflation in that

If he looks like he only weighs 160 than I only look about 200.

Ask Midee1 how accurate that is.
FBALL Wrote:If he looks like he only weighs 160 than I only look about 200.

Ask Midee1 how accurate that is.

You may go 210ish.

Just for a reference. I'm setting here watching the Saints/Cowboys game and they gave Reggie Bush's stats at 6' and 203lbs.
Midee1 Wrote:You may go 210ish.

Just for a reference. I'm setting here watching the Saints/Cowboys game and they gave Reggie Bush's stats at 6' and 203lbs.

What are you in a time warp or something? You have me at 210ish and your watching yesterdays game.
FBALL Wrote:What are you in a time warp or something? You have me at 210ish and your watching yesterdays game.

Well maybe 210ish about 10 years ago and I TIVO'ed the game.Smile
Midee1 Wrote:Well maybe 210ish about 10 years ago and I TIVO'ed the game.Smile

At least 10 years and the Saints won.
FBALL Wrote:At least 10 years and the Saints won.

YES THEY DID! They destroyed Romo and the Cowboys. I love it!