Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Johnson County become another Mercer County, WHAT IF?
The Guru Wrote:Never!!! LOL!!!
Can't say Johnson anywhere, can't have eagle involved in any way!!! Can't go with gold even as an accent!
But keep coming up with more!!

I'm out of idea's what are some of your suggestions?
Old School Wrote:I'm out of idea's what are some of your suggestions?

How 'bout we stay on our side of the creek and they stay on theirs!!:Thumbs:
#1TigerFan Wrote:How 'bout we stay on our side of the creek and they stay on theirs!!:Thumbs:

Can't we all be friends????
Old School Wrote:Can't we all be friends????
Absolutely!!!

But, a lot of us diehards, will never be able to live with ... you know, the whole darn thing or anything that has to do with JC, Eagles or gold.
no hard feelings.....just a way of life!:thumpsup:
The Guru Wrote:Absolutely!!!

But, a lot of us diehards, will never be able to live with ... you know, the whole darn thing or anything that has to do with JC, Eagles or gold.
no hard feelings.....just a way of life!:thumpsup:

I know what your saying a lot of us lot of diehards on this side of the creek feel the same way about Paintsville. This thread about both school systems ever merging is very unlikely but it's kind of fun to say what if.
Pink, Blue and Gold!! TEAGLERS!!!! LOL!!
OffTheHook Wrote:Pink, Blue and Gold!! TEAGLERS!!!! LOL!!

:thatsfunn
Old School Wrote:I know what your saying a lot of us lot of diehards on this side of the creek feel the same way about Paintsville. This thread about both school systems ever merging is very unlikely but it's kind of fun to say what if.

It is fun.......who coaches what?

Football Matney
Volleyball McCool
XCountry Ousley
Soccer ???
Golf Vanhoose
Basketball Runyon
Basketball, girls Wireman should get the nod but Baldwin is to good a friend!
Lacrosse, field hockey, gymnastics and other sports we would have ???
Track and field Ousley
Baseball Howard
Softball McCool

Become a private School going through the Catholic Church and call ourselves, St. Michaels Accademy
Mascot: The Shnitt Shovelers
Colors: Navy and silver
Old School Wrote:Can't we all be friends????

I didn't mean that in an inflammatory manner. I have friends and family on both sides. I was just making a joke.

I think we should be better friends than we are, but as TG said, some of us just couldn't make it.

As for PHS, we need to go Private. Paintsville Christian Academy would be GREAT!! I always said we needed God on our side. Sure has worked for Cov Cath, Lex Cath and LCA.
Ref Devil Wrote:Very true, the Harrodsburg players were the stars of the Mercer team. If I remember correctly, 5 of 7 of Mercer County's All-Area players were from Harrodsburg and I believe everyone of the players that were named to All-State teams (or Honorable mention) were from Harrodsburg. No way would Mercer have won it all without the merge, they probably would have been a good 2A team but not an elite team like a Belfry, Russell, Owensboro Cath, Corbin, Western, Middlesboro, ect.

All-State Chris Lewis Was From Mercer Co. Go Hogs.....................
bricklayer Wrote:All-State Chris Lewis Was From Mercer Co. Go Hogs.....................

Wow, 1 player. Most of the player recieving well deserved awards are from Harrodsburg.
The Guru Wrote:It is fun.......who coaches what?

Football Matney
Volleyball McCool
XCountry Ousley
Soccer ???
Golf Vanhoose
Basketball Runyon
Basketball, girls Wireman should get the nod but Baldwin is to good a friend!
Lacrosse, field hockey, gymnastics and other sports we would have ???
Track and field Ousley
Baseball Howard
Softball McCool

Become a private School going through the Catholic Church and call ourselves, St. Michaels Accademy
Mascot: The Shnitt Shovelers
Colors: Navy and silver

That is the most ridiculous but funny post I've ever read in my life. You can for get about a consolidation, Johnson Central doesn't need any more help. We have the best coach in the state to go along with some of the best players in the area. I'm looking for a state championship in 2007 for the Eagles. Can't wait to see the new field. It will be awesome to play on. So Tigers, just give it up we don't want or need your help. Just because you all aren't good doesn't mean you should jump ship and want to be a winner.
Throwback Gata Black Wrote:That is the most ridiculous but funny post I've ever read in my life. You can for get about a consolidation, Johnson Central doesn't need any more help. We have the best coach in the state to go along with some of the best players in the area. I'm looking for a state championship in 2007 for the Eagles. Can't wait to see the new field. It will be awesome to play on. So Tigers, just give it up we don't want or need your help. Just because you all aren't good doesn't mean you should jump ship and want to be a winner.

hello! paintsville has been around a lott longer and won a hell of a lott more games. i think if you look back in the record books you will see that the golden eagles have very rarly ever had at least, winning seasons. i used to feel sorry for the eagles. you had better be glad the BOE has the cash for your coach, by the way he is wurth every cent. things will eventualy swing back in the blue direction, things will be back the way things should be in our county paintsville #1 and central WHO!:1:
Throwback Gata Black Wrote:That is the most ridiculous but funny post I've ever read in my life. You can for get about a consolidation, Johnson Central doesn't need any more help. We have the best coach in the state to go along with some of the best players in the area. I'm looking for a state championship in 2007 for the Eagles. Can't wait to see the new field. It will be awesome to play on. So Tigers, just give it up we don't want or need your help. Just because you all aren't good doesn't mean you should jump ship and want to be a winner.

Jump ship???? Grow up and learn to understand what you read. I said you all have the best coach, but remember....HE made your football program what it is today, and it will go when he does. your school didn't do anything but hire the best! That doesn't mean I would jump ship.... definately not across the creek! Anyone that knows me, knows that!
But considering that you are probably in grade school, or a benchwarmer that just wants to hug real winners neck after they lead JC to victory, this is the kind of posts that only you could come up with!!!
Well First off im going to correct your mistake.THE BEST COACH IN THE STATE IS COACH IVAN MCGLONE OF THE RUSSELL RED DEVIL'S AND DONT U EVER FORGET THAT. And secound of all they were good this year but it seems that they dont really have the determination to win, and a field is meaning less nomatter how nice it is if ur team doesn't perform well.
ukno08 Wrote:Well First off im going to correct your mistake.THE BEST COACH IN THE STATE IS COACH IVAN MCGLONE OF THE RUSSELL RED DEVIL'S AND DONT U EVER FORGET THAT. And secound of all they were good this year but it seems that they dont really have the determination to win, and a field is meaning less nomatter how nice it is if ur team doesn't perform well.

How does the best coach in the state let this happen?
This thread hasn't been on subject hardly at all since it started! Why is it still here?
this is just a WHAT IF? thread right? because if they did merge they would be a powerhouse... basketball, baseball, and football... someone tell me if there has really been talk about this
They would kick everyones butt in every sport.
It has been tlked about for years. JUST TALKED ABOUT. I don't ever see it happening in our life time.
Never Mercer County dominated and Jonhson County couldnt beat them in a life time
Not a chance in a life time
Midee1 Wrote:Not trying to start an argument here but having the best running back in the world means nothing without the other 10 on the field player to the best of their abilities. You put Grimm in there with a terrible O line and he gets no where near the numbers that he would get with a great O line.

i know to backs that did this but they had one lineman and that was kelly and Dials!!!!

imagine what they'd done behind Grimms LINE!!!!!!!!!!
pikevillepanther#11 Wrote:Never Mercer County dominated and Jonhson County couldnt beat them in a life time

Actually Mercer County did not dominate everybody they played. They played a weak schedule and had the fortune of being placed in the Western half in the playoffs. This kept them away from Russell and Belfry until the state finals.

Johnson Central IMO would have beaten Mercer Co this year. I Also think Belfry would have been a very tough matchup for Mercer. And we know how even the Mercer/Russell game was. Mercer won the AA state championship but they were not the most dominant team in the state.
Battle Tested Wrote:hello! paintsville has been around a lott longer and won a hell of a lott more games. i think if you look back in the record books you will see that the golden eagles have very rarly ever had at least, winning seasons. i used to feel sorry for the eagles. you had better be glad the BOE has the cash for your coach, by the way he is wurth every cent. things will eventualy swing back in the blue direction, things will be back the way things should be in our county paintsville #1 and central WHO!:1:

This seasons results showed that he was worth every cent and next seasons will prove that even more. And as long as Matney is at the helm of the JC program, Paintsville will be a distant second in football.
FBALL Wrote:Actually Mercer County did not dominate everybody they played. They played a weak schedule and had the fortune of being placed in the Western half in the playoffs. This kept them away from Russell and Belfry until the state finals.

Johnson Central IMO would have beaten Mercer Co this year. I Also think Belfry would have been a very tough matchup for Mercer. And we know how even the Mercer/Russell game was. Mercer won the AA state championship but they were not the most dominant team in the state.

I think if Russell had played a crisp game, they would have beaten Mercer. I watched the game and thought they played kind of sloppy. Nothing like the night when they beat Belfry.
Keepnitreal Wrote:I think if Russell had played a crisp game, they would have beaten Mercer. I watched the game and thought they played kind of sloppy. Nothing like the night when they beat Belfry.

I would somewhat agree with that assessment. I thought the defense played very well. The offense played well at times but the play calling got pass happy in the second half with the wind behind them. Throwing the ball down field in that wind was a big mistake IMO. The inside running game was working and it would have kept the defense on the field and worn Mercer down.
Coach Cline Wrote:i dont get how mercer pulled that off will someone enlighten me on how exactly a 4A school can play 2A football? Like what was the technicality?

mecer and harrodsburg [sp] merged schools last year after the dead for school classes last year meaning that they sign in after cut offs making them stuck in the 2a class with russell
the size of there schools is now a 4a and they played a 2 a team in the championship game
yes it wasnt far but and one guy just said they will never be heard from again