Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JCHS Football Stadium
Has work began on their new facility? When will it be completed?
Didnt know they were doing any work on it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Yes, they plan to do work. I don't know when the plans call for work to begin. From what I've heard they're tearing down the old stadium, along with the track. Turning the field to run the opposite way, with the endzones being toward Paint Creek and approximately where the stadium now stands. They will be laying down, grassy turf much like that of Pikeville, Belfry and Shelby Valley. They will then build a track around that and build their facilities along the Mayo Plaza side of the campus facing the field. It's also been rumored that they plan, to redo the baseball field and turn home plate around to where center field stands now to neglect the sun delays that currently take place. Sounds as though it'll be really nice.
I hear they will be getting a indoor practice facility as well, any truth to this?
i hope they get a dome with sky boxes, lol
call it paint creek stadium.
Sounds like some good ideas.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Yes, they plan to do work. I don't know when the plans call for work to begin. From what I've heard they're tearing down the old stadium, along with the track. Turning the field to run the opposite way, with the endzones being toward Paint Creek and approximately where the stadium now stands. They will be laying down, grassy turf much like that of Pikeville, Belfry and Shelby Valley. They will then build a track around that and build their facilities along the Mayo Plaza side of the campus facing the field. It's also been rumored that they plan, to redo the baseball field and turn home plate around to where center field stands now to neglect the sun delays that currently take place. Sounds as though it'll be really nice.

They have a great baseball facility as is. One of the best fields in the state IMO. Why not just buy a screen like the old Minor League teams used to block the sun? Seems like it would be less costly, easier to do and save a lot of time and money. The bleachers could use alittle work though. But, turning the entire baseball field? Just don't understand. The football field, that's another story. That has needed done for years. Should be nice when they finish.
The stadium comes down to the ground during JC's christmas break I believe. They put in a vote for everything to be done before Spring practice. Well, the stands and field atleast. The turf should take about 6-8 weeks. Im not so sure about how long it will take to rip down stands and build new ones.
Cash Wrote:The stadium comes down to the ground during JC's christmas break I believe. They put in a vote for everything to be done before Spring practice. Well, the stands and field atleast. The turf should take about 6-8 weeks. Im not so sure about how long it will take to rip down stands and build new ones.

Depends if they get stone stands again, or metal one's
Any idea how it will be done? Will everyone still sit on one set of stands, or will they get a home and away set of stands?
Metal, home and away. 3500 seating for home, and 1500 for away.
"Success reaps rewards" Congratulations to Coach Matney and all of Johnson County. You guys deserve it!!
some one told me they are getting a hourse shoe shaped bleachers.
put the student section in the U, that would be cool.
Battle Tested Wrote:some one told me they are getting a hourse shoe shaped bleachers.
put the student section in the U, that would be cool.

I talked to another member about this. This would be a great idea, but IDK if it will happen. A lot of money would need to be spent, but from some of the ideas I've heard it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.
IRISH4 Wrote:I talked to another member about this. This would be a great idea, but IDK if it will happen. A lot of money would need to be spent, but from some of the ideas I've heard it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.

Can't really say what it's going to look like but this will be one of the best stadiums in the state! The U is being considered and money is no object because the county has plenty of coal severance $. I've seen 4 different plans and yes they include an indoor practice facility. They will begin work over christmas break and hope to be finished with the field before spring practice, although I don't think it will happen. JC fans are in for a real treat! Oh yeah, the JC baseball and softball fields will be turned around and new bleachers and dugouts along with a turf field and new locker rooms.
eaglehoops Wrote:Can't really say what it's going to look like but this will be one of the best stadiums in the state! The U is being considered and money is no object because the county has plenty of coal severance $. I've seen 4 different plans and yes they include an indoor practice facility. They will begin work over christmas break and hope to be finished with the field before spring practice, although I don't think it will happen. JC fans are in for a real treat! Oh yeah, the JC baseball and softball fields will be turned around and new bleachers and dugouts along with a turf field and new locker rooms.

WOW!!! From the sounds of it, this school will have the best facilities for every sport in the state of Kentucky. Any idea on a new gym?.....lol, jk. This money you are talking about...is it strictly for the county or can the other county school (Paintsville) get in on some of the action??? They are the county seat...how does this work?
IRISH4 Wrote:WOW!!! From the sounds of it, this school will have the best facilities for every sport in the state of Kentucky. Any idea on a new gym?.....lol, jk. This money you are talking about...is it strictly for the county or can the other county school (Paintsville) get in on some of the action??? They are the county seat...how does this work?
Paintsville is an independant school system, not a county school.
BTW, I'm not sure about coal severance money being used for school facilities.
Maybe someone with more knowledge could answer that question.
OffTheHook Wrote:They have a great baseball facility as is. One of the best fields in the state IMO. Why not just buy a screen like the old Minor League teams used to block the sun? Seems like it would be less costly, easier to do and save a lot of time and money. The bleachers could use alittle work though. But, turning the entire baseball field? Just don't understand. The football field, that's another story. That has needed done for years. Should be nice when they finish.

The baseball field is nice, but I've always hated those stands. They are really steep.
JC defenitley deserves a new facility...If Belfry and Pikeville can get it, so should JC
fox sports Wrote:Paintsville is an independant school system, not a county school.
BTW, I'm not sure about coal severance money being used for school facilities.
Maybe someone with more knowledge could answer that question.

It has been used in other systems in the past couple years.
CoachB Wrote:"Success reaps rewards" Congratulations to Coach Matney and all of Johnson County. You guys deserve it!!

You would never now it by Russells field, no upgrades since, well the field house was built inthe late 60's I think, the upper deck was added after 1984,, but with the program that Russell has you would think we would get a little more....

Great to hear the JC is getting a new facility, I played there in 82,83 and it was not bad at all.....
Glad to hear that you guys are getting something for your hard work.....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Boomer86 Wrote:JC defenitley deserves a new facility...If Belfry and Pikeville can get it, so should JC
As far as that remark goes It only happened because both schools have some very generous alumni and very unselfish too I might add. As does Shelby Valley.Also helps when you bring home a state title too.Gets everyones attention and a little extra support IMO.
cobra67 Wrote:As far as that remark goes It only happened because both schools have some very generous alumni and very unselfish too I might add. As does Shelby Valley.Also helps when you bring home a state title too.Gets everyones attention and a little extra support IMO.

I totally agree. Success breeds success! JC has a great fan base and finally a football team worth getting excited about. Like I said money is no object at JC as with a lot of bigger schools they have a lot of it. It is about time they upgrade their facilities though.
Some of the problem is that if you spend 5 dollars for the football team the tennis teamis entitled to 5 dollars, as is the swim team, the academic team, the softball team and every team that the school has competing... This is where you get in trouble if the school sinks everything into a new stadium...... This is where the alumni and boosters have a chance to make a difference......
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Some of the problem is that if you spend 5 dollars for the football team the tennis teamis entitled to 5 dollars, as is the swim team, the academic team, the softball team and every team that the school has competing... This is where you get in trouble if the school sinks everything into a new stadium...... This is where the alumni and boosters have a chance to make a difference......

You are right, I think overall JC has done a pretty good job at this. They just completed work on a brand new pool, are getting ready to redo baseball and softball fields, and will be starting it's first season of tennis in the spring. I do however, feel many girls sports are overlooked a little but this is the case in a lot of places.
jc hasent even won 1 state title in football and look at the support. people in johnson county are comping at the bit for a great football team. in other countys student athlets andparents are taking notice, and after the new stadium, things are going to get big. central is doing the right things at the right time. by the way this is coming from a paintsville fan, but you just cant deny what they are trying to acomplish.
Well, whatever they build, I hope they build the best stadium in Eastern KY!! They probably won't get another one for quiet a while, so why not build it right the first time! Build the best so there won't be any regrets later. Just building and spending doesn't mean that it will be better. I hope they do it right and don't cut corners.
I wouldn't worry about it because it will be as good or better than any stadium east of LEX. I have seen the plans and this looks like one top notch facility. JCHS will not hold anything back with this project. Should be pretty awesome next season.
i think they need a new stands atleast i dont know anything about whats goin on but i did hear that theres gonna be atleast one bigchange to everything
mchs hornet #1 Wrote:i think they need a new stands atleast i dont know anything about whats goin on but i did hear that theres gonna be atleast one bigchange to everything

Do tell....