Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Kentucky @ Florida 11/22
The Eastern Kentucky University football team wraps up the regular season with a trip to the University of Florida to play the Gators for the first time in program history. The SEC Network will be televising Saturday's game beginning at noon.

This is the 15th straight year the No. 14 (FCS) Colonels (9-2, 6-2 OVC) have faced an NCAA FBS program, but just the second time under head coach #Dean Hood# the Colonels have faced two FBS teams in the same season. Eastern Kentucky picked up its first win over an FBS team since 1985 earlier this season when the Colonels downed Miami (Ohio), 17-10.

Eastern is 0-4 all-time against SEC teams (0-3 vs. Kentucky, 0-1 vs. Vanderbilt). For the Colonels to have a chance at the upset, EKU must find a way to be productive in the ground game. Eastern Kentucky averages 243.1 yards per game on the ground. However, the Gator defense ranks 13th nationally (FBS) in rushing defense, allowing just 113.9 yards per game.

Turnovers could also play a pivotal role in the game's outcome. EKU ranks second nationally (FCS) in turnovers forced (30), including two last week against Murray State. The Colonels have turned the 30 turnovers into 112 points. Meanwhile, Florida (5-4, 4-4 SEC) has only turned the ball over two times in the last three games.

Eastern Kentucky boasts 14 players from the state of Florida, including four starters – WR #Devin Borders#, OL #Chance Edwards#, DL #Marquise Piton# and DB #Stanley Absanon#.
http://Www.ekusports.com
Im gonna say EKU plays Florida tough but loses, and then Florida upsets Fla State to end the year.
I don't think the Gators have too much trouble. Florida wins it 34-7.
Axel Foley Wrote:I don't think the Gators have too much trouble. Florida wins it 34-7.

I hate to say it but I agree. With that being said, the Gators should have an easy time. Look at the advantages they have but they had those advantages over Georgia Southern last year too and look what happened. Regardless, it will be a good experience for the boys and should be a nice pay day. I just hope the COLONELS have a good time and come out of this game injury free. GO COLONELS!!!!