Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Jobs
So with the season winding down and over for a lot of teams, what teams will be looking for new head coaches this offseason?

East Carter and Jackson County are both open
What happened to Jackson Co. Coach?
Strikeout King Wrote:So with the season winding down and over for a lot of teams, what teams will be looking for new head coaches this offseason?

East Carter and Jackson County are both open

:pondering:
As a Dragon fan, I hope Harlan County keeps their coaching staff. Better for us! HC is losing money on Friday nights with the fan support and we are gaining interest in young kids in our program. Told you at the beginning of the season the tide was turning!
The East Carter job would be a nice one for a young coach to cut his teeth. Not sure what is going on in Grayson but from what the former coach described in the Ashland Daily, there may be some problems with the current administration that would prevent a lot of interest.
Multiple coaching changes make it hard for a football program to gain a foothold.
Dont see HC changing anything. Larkey will have these guys ready to battle next yr.
It is a tragedy that we lost our beloved Coach Moore. If he would've stayed for another year or two I could see him winning his first district title. God bless this man and good luck the rest of your career. BTW there will be a new concession item next year called "The Mighty Moore" in honor of this great man.
I think the Jackson County job is interesting, but the downfall is being stuck with Corbin and Bell.
Did Shearer resign?
Knott Central is now open.
***** county will be open. Confusedhh:
64SUR Wrote:***** county will be open. Confusedhh:

which county? Smile
pjdoug Wrote:which county? Smile

I meant to say 5 county pjdoug snoopy dog. Confusednicker: well some of them don't end in county. Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:
It's a shame Coach is leaving. He is departing from a rich heritage of hard hitting, teeth gritting, helmet splitting football. Thank you Coach Moore for your time and work with these boys. Good luck to the Raiders this upcoming season in 4A ball. But Maniac is correct we are cooking up a special item on the menu in honor of our coach. I can't say much because it will ruin the surprise but it can even make the larger of stomachs full and happy.

[Image: http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2010/0...grapes.jpg]
But in all reality the Raiders are gonna KILL IT next year!!!

[Image: http://thelinklarder.files.wordpress.com...mood1.jpeg]
I don't know what the deal is with the a jackson Co. staff but at belfry it showed that they needed to show more interest in the kids. One kid got hurt and tried to walk off the field. He went back down and one coach came out to check on him. The kid had to hop off the field with out any any help. Once he got to the sideline and sat down and not one coach went to check on the kid. He seemed like he was in pain. I felt sorry for the kid.
From what I heard is that Jackson County never gave a commitment to Coach Shearer. He teaches at Berea but had to drive 45 minutes everyday. Do you blame a guy?
McPeek wants the East Carter job having a meeting tonight about whether to hire him or not.
He could turn things around very fast.
T-CATS Wrote:McPeek wants the East Carter job having a meeting tonight about whether to hire him or not.

Nate or Gary? I think Gary was there once in the 90's.
thecoacher Wrote:Nate or Gary? I think Gary was there once in the 90's.
The one running out of the wood. Lol. I think both at least that's what I heard today.
T-CATS Wrote:The one running out of the wood.

I thought that was both of them!
The meeting was held by a random group in town, no one from the East Carter administration was represented. I'm guessing this movement won't gain much momentum with the people that matter.
64SUR Wrote:I meant to say 5 county pjdoug snoopy dog. Confusednicker: well some of them don't end in county. Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:

:pondering:
FarristownFlyer Wrote:From what I heard is that Jackson County never gave a commitment to Coach Shearer. He teaches at Berea but had to drive 45 minutes everyday. Do you blame a guy?

I didn't know that, but certainly dont blame him if he resigned.
T-CATS Wrote:McPeek wants the East Carter job having a meeting tonight about whether to hire him or not.

He will probably get the job then.
Clay County is open now
sports lover Wrote:As a Dragon fan, I hope Harlan County keeps their coaching staff. Better for us! HC is losing money on Friday nights with the fan support and we are gaining interest in young kids in our program. Told you at the beginning of the season the tide was turning!

Put your team on Harlan Co schedule then if we are so bad and your doing so well.
Why has your coach tried numerous times to leave if so good?

Dont worry, soon Harlan Ind will be part of Harlan Co HS. Only a matter of time.