Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#4 Phelps (0-9) at #1 Raceland (8-2)
Running Clock? And if so, how soon?
Raceland 56
Phelps 13

From my experience watching Williamsburg play or listen to them on the radio..before the 1st qtr or beginning of the 2nd qtr....Confusedhh:
Raceland could have won this game last year by 100 points or morr. I expect any one sick or healing up from any injuries sustained against Ironton to sit, and they should. I say runnig clock 1st quarter or by midway through the 2nd atleast. 2s in soon after then. Jv in the 3rd and Frosh in the 4th.

Raceland 65
Phelps 6

I know Salmons and Grizzle will due all they can to keep the score from getting out of hand but you cant ask kids who have stood on the sideline all year to just lay down. Last year phelps had a few playmakers. The QB was quick and broke loose on a long td run, but he graduated. Hope Phelps has a safe trip up here and back home.
Phelps should stay in Phelps inside where it's warm
4 Playoff teams from every district in a 6 class system is just plain STUPID!
Sombody is going to get hurt.
And hurt real bad. Some of these teams get off the bus with 12 and 13 players
This game is already over......... There is no reason to play this game.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I could go for 4 if their were 4 classes. Sometimes a 4 can beat a one seed. Raceland was a 4 one year and beat New Cath. But with 6 classes they need to go to two teams and give these teams an extra week off to heal up.
Running clock before halftime, this is going to be pretty ugly fast. Just hope all of the kids from both teams come out healthy and no injuries. They need to change the system, too many teams in the playoffs, no way a team with no wins should be playing in November.
Raceland 42-6
Raceland wins by 21
I think Phelps turns the corner and shocks the Rams 28-22
Raider, i gotta give u credit, your commitment to the underdog is impecible. But if the Rams lose this game by any less that 5 or 6 touchdowns then they need to evaluate exactly what it is they hope to accomplish. this is not a knock on Phelps. I know that each kid will play their hearts out. But Raceland out numbered them 4:1 last year and depth alone is overwhelming to a team with only 15-20 kids. Last year they only had 14 dressed for the game. Hopefully with their football field and stadium will bring some more interest into the program and their numbers will rise. Until then, I dont see Phelps being very competitive.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Raider, i gotta give u credit, your commitment to the underdog is impecible. But if the Rams lose this game by any less that 5 or 6 touchdowns then they need to evaluate exactly what it is they hope to accomplish. this is not a knock on Phelps. I know that each kid will play their hearts out. But Raceland out numbered them 4:1 last year and depth alone is overwhelming to a team with only 15-20 kids. Last year they only had 14 dressed for the game. Hopefully with their football field and stadium will bring some more interest into the program and their numbers will rise. Until then, I dont see Phelps being very competitive.

Might want to re read your post and edit it, Scotty. Just saying focus on the second sentence. Lol
RaiderManiac87 Wrote:I think Phelps turns the corner and shocks the Rams 28-22

You been drinking again? I told you once RaiderManiac87, sober up bud.
PHSForever Wrote:.....

Might want to re read your post and edit it, Scotty. Just saying focus on the second sentence. Lol

lol u know what i meant. i think what u been drinking may have found its way into my mug this evenig. if the rams WIN by any less than 5 or 6 touchdowns then something is wrong. bad wrong.and i will see your corndogs and raise u a braut, cheeseburger, or funnel cake from Rams Stadium!
Blowout!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:lol u know what i meant. i think what u been drinking may have found its way into my mug this evenig. if the rams WIN by any less than 5 or 6 touchdowns then something is wrong. bad wrong.and i will see your corndogs and raise u a braut, cheeseburger, or funnel cake from Rams Stadium!

I might make it down for Fridays game. Rumor has it that Racelands funnel cakes are pretty solid, and I would like to know myself if they are the real deal.
gotta try the braut w kraut, peppers, and onions...good stuff. as are the funnel cakes! you'll see some good football as well. wish I could make it but i will be out of town for work and wont be back until the 2nd rnd of the playoffs.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:lol u know what i meant. i think what u been drinking may have found its way into my mug this evenig. if the rams WIN by any less than 5 or 6 touchdowns then something is wrong. bad wrong.and i will see your corndogs and raise u a braut, cheeseburger, or funnel cake from Rams Stadium!

say what you meanConfusednicker:
dont listen to or read what i say. listen to and read what I mean!!lol.

rams roll in a big way. IF THEY DONT WIN THIS GAME by atleast 6 or 7 tds then they need to drastically reconsider their goals for the season. This is a team that Paintsville beat 56-0. Raceland will try and keep the score down as much as they can. But it SHOULD BE a running clock by mid 2nd quarter, IN FAVOR OF THE RACELAND RAMS. now no misinterpretation or misstating anything there.
What's the furthest Phelps has ever been in the playoffs?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
When they were 1A and Pikeville was 2A, I think they actually made it to the region final one year? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Seems like I remember them winning at least one game, maybe 2 in the playoffs one year, or reading about it.
Game has been moved to 6PM on Friday night.
is that do to the volley ball team playing at the state tourny?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:is that do to the volley ball team playing at the state tourny?

No...there's a few reasons (not at liberty to mention all), but the main one is just so Phelps can get back earlier because the weather is supposed to be bad, and we're out on Friday anyway.
thanks slic
Raceland - 62

Phelps - 0
According to another site Phelps only had 12 players show up for practice yesterday. one of their people said they wont know if they will even have enough to play the game until its time for the bus to pull out. I would come if I knew I was going to get to go to Golden Corral after the game. I'd do anything for a free meal.