Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Would You Rank 2A? (Week 8)
The number one team in class 2A would be ...............
The Centurions of Christian Academy of Louisville !
CAL
After shutting out #1 DeSales they have moved to the head of the class.
Talk about the west all you want, only one team can make it. There's a team in the east everyone has forgotten about and will soon be on the radar again. Anyone?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:FWIW,
neutral field
[2014] Prestonsburg (KY) 22, [2014] Danville (KY) 21

As I said toss-up. CPU's feel the same way.

Maybe I am overvaluing Garrard after they crushed Bourbon.. but we shall see once these next few weeks play out.

Yes you overvalued Garrard. Smile

EKUAlum05 Wrote:Here's what I will say... as of right now I feel like Danville is a slightly better team than Pburg.

If it gives you any consolation if Danville loses any of their next three games while Pburg closes out the season 9-1 I will gladly I admit I was wrong and start an entire thread saying you were right.

Prestonsburg 40
Danville 23
On Danville's home field.
This should leave no doubt that I was right sir.
Thread please.

:eyeroll:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Yes you overvalued Garrard. Smile

Prestonsburg 40
Danville 23
On Danville's home field.
This should leave no doubt that I was right sir.
Thread please.

:eyeroll:

Don't mean to jump in here...but P-burg did NOT end up 8-1. That was included as part of it, wasn't it ?

You might want to extend EKU a little slack. If what I've heard is true, he's now a NEWLYWED !! (-other- things on his mind right now)

Confusedhh: Confusednicker:
Where were you a couple weeks ago #1BCF when Pburg lost to Leslie????? Big Grin

Though I said:
"Here's what I will say... as of right now I feel like Danville is a slightly better team than Pburg. If it gives you any consolation if Danville loses any of their next three games while Pburg closes out the season 9-1 I will gladly I admit I was wrong and start an entire thread saying you were right"

....and even though Pburg did not finish 9-1... I will gladly admit that at Week 8 I was wrong for thinking Danville was the slightly better team and you were absolutely correct for calling me to task. I definitely overvalued Garrard's win over Bourbon County at the time and under valued how good Shelby Valley was. I was completely off on Shelby Valley and they have a fine team!

If it makes you feel any better...I now am firmly on the Prestonsburg bandwagon and think they return to the Finals!
oneijoe Wrote:Don't mean to jump in here...but P-burg did NOT end up 8-1. That was included as part of it, wasn't it ?

You might want to extend EKU a little slack. If what I've heard is true, he's now a NEWLYWED !! (-other- things on his mind right now)

Confusedhh: Confusednicker:

I woke up to 80 and Sunny yesterday
Three hours later I was in coudy, rainy, and 40! :yikes:
I think Prestonsburg ends up representing the east this year.. They've been the most consistent team in 2a on that side of the bracket.. I like that they have a nice mix of run and pass and aren't one-dimentional. That's important this time of the year..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I think Prestonsburg ends up representing the east this year.. They've been the most consistent team in 2a on that side of the bracket.. I like that they have a nice mix of run and pass and aren't one-dimentional. That's important this time of the year..

The last 4 games being on the road, all the injuries, and the debacle at Leslie Co. has worked to temper this team. There are faster, bigger, and more athletic teams still in these playoffs but you'll be hard-pressed to find one mentally tougher and football smarter on the field.

:popcorn:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I woke up to 80 and Sunny yesterday
Three hours later I was in coudy, rainy, and 40! :yikes:

Congratulations, by the way (I think...lol) !!! TongueirateSho:Thumbs:
oneijoe Wrote:The last 4 games being on the road, all the injuries, and the debacle at Leslie Co. has worked to temper this team. There are faster, bigger, and more athletic teams still in these playoffs but you'll be hard-pressed to find one mentally tougher and football smarter on the field.

This will be huge Friday. This is probably the biggest game in SV's history..playing at home... in uncharted waters. If Pburg can "act like you have been there before" I could see SV being a little tight on the big stage.If the Blackcats can get an early lead I like their chances a lot.

Looking ahead at NewCath vs. Newport... I think Pburg can present some major mis-matches for either team.
oneijoe Wrote:The last 4 games being on the road, all the injuries, and the debacle at Leslie Co. has worked to temper this team. There are faster, bigger, and more athletic teams still in these playoffs but you'll be hard-pressed to find one mentally tougher and football smarter on the field.

Glad leslie county could help oneijoe. Goodluck with Shelby Valley. :Cheerlead
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Where were you a couple weeks ago #1BCF when Pburg lost to Leslie????? Big Grin

I refuse to discuss that fiasco!!!!

....and even though Pburg did not finish 9-1... I will gladly admit that at Week 8 I was wrong for thinking Danville was the slightly better team and you were absolutely correct for calling me to task. I definitely overvalued Garrard's win over Bourbon County at the time and under valued how good Shelby Valley was. I was completely off on Shelby Valley and they have a fine team!

If it makes you feel any better...I now am firmly on the Prestonsburg bandwagon and think they return to the Finals!

My response to that is something you will become accustomed to hearing now.

I know. I just wanted to hear you say it. :lmao:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:My response to that is something you will become accustomed to hearing now.

I know. I just wanted to hear you say it. :lmao:

Confusednicker: