Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 57 Whitley County 13
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Mixture. Whitley does have a couple of experienced lineman up front, but they are just outmanned. It brings me back to the point I made several times in the coaching search thread that went on and on. You got to recruit those hall ways.

I think we can all agree, no matter the shape of the program, a coach should be able to get a good ball club out of 1300 kids and consistently beat schools half there size. Its not just Whitley, several large school really struggle with this and im not sure why.

right.look at teams like Knoxville-Halls.it's baffling to me.
Bobcatsrocks Wrote:Bell has gotten tested on the passing game. I think that the Dfense played well on coverage still needs a little work but job well done. Prayers go out for the Gilbert kid that got hurt.

Whitley is shockingly probably one of the better passing teams you'll face this year lol.the passing game seems to be the only place they need to work on.they look solid everywhere else.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Please god I would love to see this. This would be the most epic BGR thread ever!:beg::popcorn: And 2 mountain teams going to state and shutting up the teams from the west. And I know that Bell is said to be in the west but they are mountains and that west stuff is just dumb.

I still haven't figured out how Pineville and Corbin can be west Confusednicker:
I really hate to hear about Hayden, something like that is always bad news.....May God Bless Him and His Family!!! Congratulations Bobcats on your win!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Congratulatioons Bell County!!

Who got hurt, and is it serious??

Yes Granny was a bad injury don't know how bad yet but it was our kicker and safety Hayden Gilbert!
Hayden will have a very long recovery. The Bobcat family needs to step up and make sure we help this kid with whatever is needed. I know we will, support for him is really needed now. Pray for him.
pjdoug Wrote:they do have about 67 players which is about twice as many as they had last year so they are moving in the right direction.

Quality my friend, not quantity.

I could easily get a 100 kids to play with the right attitude.
What is the diagnoses of Mr. Gilbert ?
Someone said he was airlift to UT?
Prayers to Hayden family
Black Bear Nation will be praying for Hayden Gilbert. The way I understand it, he was injured giving 110% to the game he loved.

This is always so incredibly sad! Being a Senior, I would venture to say that this has ended his high school football career.

I'm so very sorry to him and his football family.
Thanks Granny and so very true!!!

He was airlifted on Coach Mills' insistence to do so. Good job by coach to insure Hayden got the best possible care. Hayden will be fine in time. It was a bad injury and has required at least 1 surgery.
I just saw in the paper where Caldwell had 15 carries for 250, Woolum 6 for 108 and Swanner had 8 for 98. WOW!
TopCat Wrote:I just saw in the paper where Caldwell had 15 carries for 250, Woolum 6 for 108 and Swanner had 8 for 98. WOW!

I think they will be hard to stop for the Jackets.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I think they will be hard to stop for the Jackets.
As A Middlesboro fan I agree... I just hope our coach realizes he needs to get the ball in pittmans and bartons hands... If so this could be an offensive explosion... I think we may witness the best bell middlesboro game in years..