Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
District Playoff Scramble?!?
Russell 6-0
Fleming 6-0
They meet this week to determine the 1 and 2 seed..

West Carter 4-3
East Carter 3-3
West lost to Estill last night,
Estill is 2-4

Estill could go 3-4 with a win over Powell this week.
East Carter can go 3-4 if they loose to Morgan Co.
East beat Estill so that puts East over..
If East wins Friday over Morgan
and since West is off this would put both of them at 4-3 with West winning that breaker by one point 20-19....
So I guess no matter how you look at it it will be ..
Russell,Fleming
West Carter
East Carter.

1-4
2-3.
We could possibly play East next week in the first round if we are #1.
Depends alot on the Fleming game this week.. ALOT....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
If Morgan beats East and Estill does beat Powell? If this happens then each team would look like this.
Morgan 3-4, which beat East but lost to Estill.
Estill 3-4, which beat Morgan but lost to East.
East 3-4, which beat Estill but lost to Morgan.
If I didn't make a mistake!! How would the 4th spot be determined then.

Another question I have is I heard that the District Champion is the winner of the 2nd round of the playoffs? Heard it from Dicky Martin while listening to Kiwanis Bowl. Is this correct?
1st and Ten Wrote:Another question I have is I heard that the District Champion is the winner of the 2nd round of the playoffs? Heard it from Dicky Martin while listening to Kiwanis Bowl. Is this correct?

Yes, that is true. With the new playoff format, all regular season games are played for seeding in the playoffs. The district champions aren't crowned until the 2nd week of the playoffs.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
1st and Ten Wrote:If Morgan beats East and Estill does beat Powell? If this happens then each team would look like this.
Morgan 3-4, which beat East but lost to Estill.
Estill 3-4, which beat Morgan but lost to East.
East 3-4, which beat Estill but lost to Morgan.
If I didn't make a mistake!! How would the 4th spot be determined then.

Another question I have is I heard that the District Champion is the winner of the 2nd round of the playoffs? Heard it from Dicky Martin while listening to Kiwanis Bowl. Is this correct?

rock -paper -scissors -- I GUESS???
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
East Carter is guaranteed 4th. Even if they lose and Estill wins, there will be a 3 way tie. In a 3 way tie, you use your non-district wins as the tie breaker. Morgan and Estill have 0 non-district wins and East beat Fairview (and they have won a couple of games) so they win the tie breaker. It was the same scenerio last year when East, Morgan and Fleming tied for 2nd.
this is going to be a mess and next year with the new rankings is going to be even worse
thecoacher Wrote:East Carter is guaranteed 4th. Even if they lose and Estill wins, there will be a 3 way tie. In a 3 way tie, you use your non-district wins as the tie breaker. Morgan and Estill have 0 non-district wins and East beat Fairview (and they have won a couple of games) so they win the tie breaker. It was the same scenerio last year when East, Morgan and Fleming tied for 2nd.

So even if Morgan beats East head up and they have the same District record East advances?
According the ADI this morning if Morgan beats East and Powell beats Estill then Morgan would be the fourth seed by winning head up. I guess they use a different tie break for three way ties!
I just wish they would go with the old system and only take the top two teams in each district and start the playoffs that way. It would make it so much easier.