Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Coaches
What do those shirts have to do with the Tigers and why
would JCHS want to be you ?
I have asked these same questions many times about our leaders. I SO agree with you about Brian Auxier. I love to see us hiring our own and promoting from within. We had gotten away from that equation for success for a few years and we allowed others to come in and water-down our traditions. Hopefully that practice is being phased out... it did not work well for us. We have many new faces in many positions and the majority are PHS grads. I guess I got my "rant on" and went overboard... actually ignoring the question at hand. If I offended anyone, please accept my apologies... I will say this AGAIN... Paintsville will be just fine. I want JC to be just fine... the proximity of both schools just helps to make each better. Of course there is a finite number of teaching jobs etc. and if someone goes into Education and wants to come back here, they'll be working for one or the other... I don't think they should forget their roots though. I wish both teams great good luck in the play offs. We can co-exist.... & variety is the "spice of life". If we all wore Brown, how dull would that be??? Same way with schools. Some choose one, some choose the other.... some flip-flop and keep stuff stirred up all the time!
(I don't know that we're all that financially strapped... with plans in the works to re-work the football/softball/practice field to update our team's needs and a plan to rennovate and add to the high school...) we always seem to live frugally and still manage to have what we need. We just don't have the free & reduced number$ that many neighboring schools do & so forth.... that's a tough one, but we'll be fine, we're NOT complaining) As for being immature... right. Be Happy & have fun... we're both successful... it could be a lot worse.
It would be nice if the whole county could co-exist peacefully.
Nice post.
Back to the topic:

Paintsville is in a state of emergency. Kids are being pressured into only playing certain sports, and it is sucking the life blood out of our football program.
Also:

Paintsville needs to start spending some money on the program or it will soon be on the same level with Allen Central, Phelps, et al. When your cross town rival is spending multi-millions something better be done. However, I do hear that the basketball gym at PHS looks nice.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:Also:

Paintsville needs to start spending some money on the program or it will soon be on the same level with Allen Central, Phelps, et al. When your cross town rival is spending multi-millions something better be done. However, I do hear that the basketball gym at PHS looks nice.

What have they done to the gym now.
Paintsville has a great field for its size. No way that Paintsville could or even should try to compete with JC on football facilities. Paintsville has about 1/4 the kids that JC has and they don't need as much seating capacity. And Paintsville will never be able to put equal numbers on the field (although in a given year, they may have equal or better talent). I would rather see Paintsville put priority on its football program from an Admin standpoint. That has not happened since BMR stepped down as head football coach. The coaches need participation, and with only about 130 or so guys in 9-12 it would take about a 30% participation rate to put a really great team of about 40 players on the field. JC can put 60 guys on the field with only a 10% participation rate.
Eagle Eye Wrote:I have to laugh when you and the guru post these immature comments on this site. I think that a little jealousy is coming out since Paintsville is not as dominant as they want to be. Why is that? None of the kids that Paintsville wants are coming across the creek and it is killing you guys. I guess since you want to claim your state titles then I guess we can share them because every state title that Paintsville has won came because of the county kids that played on those teams. In fact, it was the GURU who posted that that you guys didn't need any county kids. That there was a difference between "being" a Tiger and "playing" for the Tigers. It is people like you guys who have caused Johnson County fans to dislike a lot of your fans. You really think you are better just because you are a Tiger??? Face it, we live in a small town, share the same grocery stores, banks, restaurants, etc. In fact, JCHS is in the city limits as well.
And just to set the record straight...if we were jealous you wouldn't have to worry about your enrollment or the size of your football team this year would you?

You call it immature????
You must have used "Wikipedia" to even use such a big word for yourself!!
:thumpsup:
Football FANatic Wrote:It would be nice if the whole county could co-exist peacefully.
Nice post.

I believe that the 2 could co-exist peacefully if they consolidated the 2. That is what I think about it. There would be a whole let less whining about where everyone goes to school, and it would help the athletics for both schools.