•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Cordia Receives Sanctions Program Suspended
Obviously, Cordia didn't "cozy" up to the boys and girls at KHSAA like some other unpunished offenders do.
Oh were there others that went out and recruited a whole team and didn't get in trouble?
Hauler Wrote:Oh were there others that went out and recruited a whole team and didn't get in trouble?

Is a pigs butt pork?
Who else recruited their whole team Harry Rex Vonner? Could be interesting. Basketball talk is falling off again, we need something new to talk about.
I've seen a lot of teams with 1 or 2 which is almost every team in the country, but I don't know of anyone else who has recruited a whole team like they did.
Hauler Wrote:I've seen a lot of teams with 1 or 2 which is almost every team in the country, but I don't know of anyone else who has recruited a whole team like they did.

How come so many people think if a school has a kid move in from outside the district that he was recruited? Does it go on in HS ball, Fairview and Cordia proved it does, but I think very few schools do illegal things and people throw a lot of crap out there against schools they do not like. If your son is a great basketball player and you want him to go to a good program you would consider a program like Scott Co because of its tradition/past, the school does not have to recruit to get players, the schools success recruits for them! Yet people continue to think every player is recuited to play there. Here in NKY I do not see people accussing other schools of recruiting like other parts of the state (other parts of the state accuss NKY schools of recruiting though).
Cordia had NINE varsity guys who were/are in the program for LESS than 3 years.

You can't say that about Scott County, Ballard, PCC, KCC, Hazard, Trinity, Holmes, etc.

Even though EVERYONE recruits (apparently), a small EKY school with few jobs and a horrible education rating (by MULTIPLE sources) is suddenly and coincidentally the most transient school in the entire state?

Um, ok.

People have pointed this out before: If Cordia had gotten transfers in other sports, it wouldn't be as big a deal. But according to the KHSAA transfer lists (public record, I've provided links), Cordia was getting ONLY boys' basketball transfers.

It might have had more (especially from out of state or, egads, out of the country) in a three-year span than its previous 20 years COMBINED.

Sure. OK. Why not?
the crossover Wrote:I was asked for this response remember that in reading:
First, I feel that the school could benefit from an athletic director to help guide the program. Cordia is a small and let me add very small school and the system is not set up to benefit the small school. SO MY STRONG OPINION IS THIS IS A SYSTEM PROBLEM NOT A SCHOOL PROBLEM.... Secondly, this would be fair had the rulings been made across the board but to be made against one school who admitted African American (Black) kids and won games is suspect. It is my opinion that Cordia was doomed because they fault back for the sake of the kids. The one situation I questioned was cleared immediately and it was an obvious sports move but it was not recruitment. No I don't feel Cordia was wrong, It amazes me that no one else feels this looks bad when recruitment is going on across the state.

No, I didn't benefits anymore that any other student at any other school. My son came with a good GPA (grade point average) and left with one..... Actually I feel more (alot) more could and should have been done to help these kids and their college recruitment. I made those call not the coach or the school so their were no benefits there (that was a coaching staff issue not just one). I am not sure what is meant by the benefits???....
My child was cleared from the initial request without questions so no problem there...... For a system to say a move with a father is not a move is wrong period.... and adds to the demise of the family (black family) .....
I question if that ruling has been made against any other students who moved with a father????... We can play dumb and act like Cordia was the first school to recruit but we all would be wrong. OH,,,,,, BUT they recruited more? better? fault back? Questioned the ruling? This ruling started years before and the big dog must show who is in Charge. But remember Sin is Sin.... no levels you are wrong or right!!!..... the governing bodies must treat all sins equal...... wrong is wrong..... You can't ignore other programs and put all in on one.

NO I don't think Cordia is wrong, I think the system is wrong and the Corrections should start there and filter down to the State, District and School levels. And all school are equal and should be treated as such.

I was asked for my opinions and provided them don't want to start any arguments just provided my view of it all...... right or wrong it's MINE. Before you judge stop switch sides and see what we see. Our statements have not changed.:popcorn::HitWall::thanks::thanks:

I thought a long while about responding to your post, but it is just to ignorant to even respond to.
Made the cougars road to a district runner up a possible reality.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cksportsfan Wrote:Cordia had NINE varsity guys who were/are in the program for LESS than 3 years.

You can't say that about Scott County, Ballard, PCC, KCC, Hazard, Trinity, Holmes, etc.

Even though EVERYONE recruits (apparently), a small EKY school with few jobs and a horrible education rating (by MULTIPLE sources) is suddenly and coincidentally the most transient school in the entire state?

Um, ok.

People have pointed this out before: If Cordia had gotten transfers in other sports, it wouldn't be as big a deal. But according to the KHSAA transfer lists (public record, I've provided links), Cordia was getting ONLY boys' basketball transfers.

It might have had more (especially from out of state or, egads, out of the country) in a three-year span than its previous 20 years COMBINED.

Sure. OK. Why not?

Baseball Roster last year (KHSAA Riherds Scoreboard '14): Jeff Nunez, Nate Rivera, Carlos Cruz, Valerio - these are not common names on Lotts Creek or even Eastern Kentucky.
rawlingsfan Wrote:Baseball Roster last year (KHSAA Riherds Scoreboard '14): Jeff Nunez, Nate Rivera, Carlos Cruz, Valerio - these are not common names on Lotts Creek or even Eastern Kentucky.

How long will it be before joel melton finds himself in the same shape as rod rhodes?
cksportsfan Wrote:Cordia had NINE varsity guys who were/are in the program for LESS than 3 years.

Um, ok.

Sure. OK. Why not?

You also can't say that any of these schools or any other school, paid, clothed. feed and housed any players. Which is what cordia did is still doing! And is the reason they got punished!!!
I am hearing that by the time cordia appeals and all is said and done cordia will end up playing this year.
Cordia will play this year. You can count on that.
WETSU Wrote:Cordia will play this year. You can count on that.

cordia don't even have enough players to field a team right now! They want be playing!
In fear of not playing or not playing post season, the kids will leave. Even if Cordia gets to play, who would be on the team?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I say who cares, let them play. They haven't won anything anyways. Coach Rhodes couldn't win the 14th region with Kentucky's 2014/15 roster.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)