Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The double Wing offense
Toe to toe, Seldomly throws, Trys to out number you at the POA(point of attack. The Bread and butter play is 26 power. Center has a moma block(man on man away) Playside G and T has the God rule(gap-on-down) inside man on the double team. Backside G AND T pull and lead through the 6 hole. Fb will kick out playside DE, He will come pretty tight to the line before he kicks out(banana rt.)
Wing, 2 Step slide motion, take the toss and follow the blockers.Even the qb blocks, He makes the pitch and goes out of there after the playside corner.
They'll run a counter back of this, Trap, Sweep and a Wedge, Pretty much all Double wing teams do with a very occasional Power,Sprint out, Streaks pass.
Good philosophy but one demensional. I have the whole series by Hugh Wyatt.
can I get a copy?????????????????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
that offense can be very confusing to read by defenses but the guards will take you to the football
I like this offense very well have heard of it and have ran it like a couple times during my middle school years where we went 22-2 in three years
forget it ....side saddle is the only way to go
Devilologist Wrote:can I get a copy?????????????????
Sure
Gonna need at least 4 vhs tapes, Might be able to get all on 4 tapes.
Great series to own, I don't plan on running it, Wanted to know it in depth so I'd be ready for it when I face it. At Powell a few years ago we played a pretty good Estill team that ran it, We came up with a good D gameplan for it , Because we knew and understood the offense. Most offensive series I learn or study is for Defensive purposes. Gotta understand Offense to be able to stop it on Defense.:Thumbs:
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Sure
Gonna need at least 4 vhs tapes, Might be able to get all on 4 tapes.
Great series to own, I don't plan on running it, Wanted to know it in depth so I'd be ready for it when I face it. At Powell a few years ago we played a pretty good Estill team that ran it, We came up with a good D gameplan for it , Because we knew and understood the offense. Most offensive series I learn or study is for Defensive purposes. Gotta understand Offense to be able to stop it on Defense.:Thumbs:
When did you come up with a good Defense gameplan against Estill?
2002 40-0 Estill
2003 62-28 Estill
2004 36-40 Powell (Everyone at this game knew what happened)
Neers 44 Wrote:When did you come up with a good Defense gameplan against Estill?
2002 40-0 Estill
2003 62-28 Estill
2004 36-40 Powell (Everyone at this game knew what happened)

2003- The Actual Score Was 77-6
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:2003- The Actual Score Was 77-6
i was just going by the KHSAA scores.
Neers 44 Wrote:i was just going by the KHSAA scores.

Thats Wat I Went By Too...LOL...Weird..I Knew It Was 70 Something To 6 Tho
you forgot 2005 28-14 powell won at estill
and yea the 2004 game you all gave up so we won it....tough and beside this is the double wing thread and i dont think its the how bad estill beat powell thread
No...But A FORMER Powell Coach Said He Had Learned To Defend The Double Wing And NEERS 44 Asked When...And Used The Scores As Evidence!!!
Let me make my point,,
I was there in 2004 , We won 40-36. No it wasn't a shut out but take into account the year before it was 77-6. Pretty big turn around for 1 year. I didn't say we shut them out, But we did learn the offense and had a better understanding of what we needed to do defensively. Every post I make some wacko from Estill has some smart ass coment. You freak out over nothing, Noone said anything negative at all about Estill. You know what, I'll be back at Powell next year and we'll see. I'm easy to find, I'll be the guy with the O-line pregame, You wont miss me I'm 6-4 240 and I wont be going anywhere.
The year I was there we beat Estill 40-36. I did not claim to have shut them out or hold them to 0. The year before it was 77-6 Estill so we did have a much better understanding of the double wing they ran even though they scored 36 points.
36 was a whole lot better than 77 and we won the game. No I never claimed not one time to have shut them down, I said we learned the double wing to have a better understanding to as what they were going to do offensively. I wasn't there for the 77-6 game but I was there for the 40-36 game that we won. Yes we did know the double wing offense, No we didn't shut it down, But we won and cut the margin in half from what they scored the year before. Pretty good improvement and I think that's evidence to us having a clearer understanding as to what the doublewing offense was.
2003 77-6 Estill(wasn't there) 2004 40-36 Powell(I was there) There's evidence.
The College One Wrote:you forgot 2005 28-14 powell won at estill
I realize the score in 2005 but i was referring to season when we ran the double wing, in 2005 we was in the single wing.
The College One Wrote:and yea the 2004 game you all gave up so we won it....tough and beside this is the double wing thread and i dont think its the how bad estill beat powell thread
i was referring to how bad estill beat powell i was referring to the number of points estill put up whether it be in a win or a loss, get off my back.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:The year I was there we beat Estill 40-36. I did not claim to have shut them out or hold them to 0. The year before it was 77-6 Estill so we did have a much better understanding of the double wing they ran even though they scored 36 points.
36 was a whole lot better than 77 and we won the game. No I never claimed not one time to have shut them down, I said we learned the double wing to have a better understanding to as what they were going to do offensively. I wasn't there for the 77-6 game but I was there for the 40-36 game that we won. Yes we did know the double wing offense, No we didn't shut it down, But we won and cut the margin in half from what they scored the year before. Pretty good improvement and I think that's evidence to us having a clearer understanding as to what the doublewing offense was.
2003 77-6 Estill(wasn't there) 2004 40-36 Powell(I was there) There's evidence.
ok that's fine, i can understand that, you did cut the margin in half. There was a big drop off in talent in '05 so a lot of people cut the margin, not saying that as an excuse just saying it added to the score dropping so much.
The College One Wrote:and yea the 2004 game you all gave up so we won it....tough and beside this is the double wing thread and i dont think its the how bad estill beat powell thread
Estill never gave up that year all though you couldn't really blame them if they had, you all had some nice officials in Stanton on that night.Confusedhh: In case you were wondering that's called sarcasm.
Neers 44 Wrote:Estill never gave up that year all though you couldn't really blame them if they had, you all had some nice officials in Stanton on that night.Confusedhh: In case you were wondering that's called sarcasm.

Now Now Mo...Calm Down Or You'll Get A HUGE Fight Started...LOL
mo's startin' to turn into me, haha!
Neers 44 Wrote:i was referring to how bad estill beat powell i was referring to the number of points estill put up whether it be in a win or a loss, get off my back.
I posted this to talk about the Doublewing. The only time Estill was mentioned was as to reference for a team that ran the double wing, That's why Estill was mentioned, NO OTHER REASON. I think you need to be getting off some backs.
thatRBfromCALI Wrote:mo's startin' to turn into me, haha!
Does that make him a big man or what? We've already seen what happens when we talk too much:ChairHit: (ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ)
Can't seem to keep this one on track so CLOSED!