Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PHS Offense "WHAT THE"
Tomcat52 Wrote:I have to believe Pikeville's decline (both offensively and defensively) has more to do with the coaching process than with the loss of one player (albeit a good, intelligent one) or the supposed lack of physical attributes of the linemen. There are some good sized boys on the team especially compared with the local class A competion. I am absolutely sure more players would be on the team if they felt a connect with the system now in place.
do you even know what you are talking about. the defense is fine. jenkins had a net gain of 1 yard on offense. thats not bad for any defense. i think they have around 50 kids on the team, that too is pretty good for a class A team.
14 points is ok, but not when you only give up one yard rushing and just over 80 in the air. As to the number of players it is more like thirty something and declining. Not to good for a team with the tradition Pikeville has. Jenkins played Pikeville as equals and this is not pleasing to the fans of Pikeville. And this is something I do know what I am talking about. Look into the stands, support is waning and we are not talking about the support for the young men playing the game.
i think bigpun is right and tomcat52 has no idea what is going on. you are entitled to your opinion but i think you need to worry about what is going on over in ashland. jenkins had a net total of 1 yard. the actual number of players is closer to 50 and not going anywhere anytime soon. as far as the fans i agree with you about there support. there is a few every gamers and the rest are big game and playoff fans, which i think is bull. there were close to 4-5 thousand ppl at the belry game, then the next week against phelps there were 3-5 hundred ppl. big gap there. i wish they would come out every game and be real fans all the time. that of course is with the exception of a few. im calling you out pikeville fans, GET TO THE GAMES!
Oh how I love all of this!!!!!
Actually they have slightly over 40 players if Im not mistaken. That isnt too bad, and I hate to be mr. negative. But, how many of those players actually provide quality time for the Panthers. That number is closer to about 20.Well 25ish maybe...
the number is actually like 47. and there are a few kids that are going to players after they get a little more experience. they have never played before or have sat out a year or two, but will help in the near future.
It might not be so much as the offense itself that is the problem, but, rather, the execution of it.
youknowwhoibe Wrote:It might not be so much as the offense itself that is the problem, but, rather, the execution of it.

You hit one of the nails on the head. Execution and discipline have been a problem with finishing drives. They have rushed for over 300 yards in every game but Belfry. Too many drives stall in the red zone. You have to remember that they are also playing with a quarterback that that is out of position and trying get him into a little bit of a passing game in which they will need in the playoffs. Special teams have been the biggest disappointment through out the year.
Pikeville has great ability and good line. They simply need to be more disciplined and approach every game with a businesslike mentality. If they can cut down on the penalties and stay focused, I don't see why they can't be very good.
Dcrazy12 Wrote:What happened to the good ole days when pikeville teams were done by halftime? Pikeville has widely been known for their dominance on offense as long as I can remember. By air or by land, the Pikeville offense was difficult to control. Just think about the stats and the players who put up those stats; Greg Hackney, Steve Bailey, Murray Garvin, Jody Brown, Jason Howard, Brent Coleman, Bobby and Eddie Deramus, I mean come on. As in recent years; Ben Howard, Jeremiah Akers, Chase Gibson, Matt Branham, Barrett Rogers, Paul Sullivan, Pikeville has had no problem on the offensive side. Somebody please tell me what in the world has happened to the maroon and white on offense!

You are absolutely right... it is way too easy to read and predict, you can pretty much guess where the ball is going every play...if pikevilles offensive line wasnt strong and able to dominate some teams opposing lines, this offense would prolly never work