Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel vs. Corbin (13th Region Championship)
Thoughts?

I had South picked right. I don't see anyone playing with them in this region as they have peaked at the right time. They did just beat Corbin in the 50th district finals, and it was ugly, however, Corbin beat South 3 times this year.

This one might be good, or it might be a blow out, who knows. Corbin can have a game of a lifetime, or look like the worst team in the region. Im sticking with my preseason pick in South. To many weapons.
Agree with you. Corbin seems to be very hit or miss. South, has way too many weapons. If they get hot, I feel as if only three guys in the 13th could calm them down. And none of those three pitch for Corbin.
south sitting good pitching wise still have neal, allen and vigeant left
Strikeout643 Wrote:Agree with you. Corbin seems to be very hit or miss. South, has way too many weapons. If they get hot, I feel as if only three guys in the 13th could calm them down. And none of those three pitch for Corbin.

South is the favorite, but good pitching can often times shut down good hitting. In the 3 regular season games, South Laurel only scored 3 runs combined on Corbin's pitching. South Laurel has a lot of offensive weapons as you say, so if Corbin's pitcher, I'm assuming Goins, although I thought he would pitch the district championship and he didn't, is not hitting his spots, South will make him pay as they did Combs in the district game.

Corbin has their #1 pitcher available tomorrow and South has a lot of pitching depth, so I would expect a relatively low scoring game.
That middle infield of SL's is amazing (Martin and Gaines) the way those two play the game IMO gives SL a big advantage over anyone in the Region at this point. In addition to that, to realize how much pitching they still have left is really scary. I believe SL not only wins this game but has a shot at winning a game or two at Applebee's Park next week... Everyone knows how good Neal is all around, it is also due time that we all recognize what a tremendous athletic catcher they have also (Taylor Morris)
Some great games and surprises. I guess that is why they play them. I had two others in finals but congrats to Corbin and South. Could be a good one. I will go with the favorite, South.
South is the favorite and all pressure on them.. Neal is not available, he has a sore arm and needs rest.. Allen is good to go!
South wins by 5 or more.
redstorm Wrote:South is the favorite and all pressure on them.. Neal is not available, he has a sore arm and needs rest.. Allen is good to go!
South wins by 5 or more.

I'd sure like to see Neal pitch without the sore arm, he looked awfully good with it sore last night. Pitched a one hitter.
Leonards_loser Wrote:I'd sure like to see Neal pitch without the sore arm, he looked awfully good with it sore last night. Pitched a one hitter.

I hope his arm isn't really sore, otherwise he probably shouldn't be pitching and risking injury.
South won 4-1
From my view point of the game last night, Neal was very good on the bump and SL got a HUGE triple by Mr Braden Miller and I mean HUGE in the 6th inning with a man on and no outs that was the play of the game! Their middle infield played well again and a young fella with some Harlan County blood running thru his veins (Taylor Morris) was very strong behind the plate. Morris had the game winning RBI single and Zach Allen also came thru with 2 or 3 hits. It took a large effort by these guys to get the victory over a gritty and solid Corbin bunch! Hats off to the hounds for a valiant effort!
South is very good and returns everyone!! Omg watch out next year as well..
Neal is a outstanding player and Martin is really really good.. My favorite player in the region..
south loses brennan miller and austin vigeant
South seems to have a pipeline of talent especially pitchers.
^
South seems to always have good baseball talent.
Until recently, it always seemed that way with basketball as well. They are the biggest school (along with North Laurel) in this part of the state, but those numbers and talents have never translated over into football and im not sure why other than the admin.