Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your hometown's radio news coverage
Just wanna throw this topic out there....

I live in Johnson County. We have two radio stations in our county seat of Paintsville. I won't mention the radio station I'm talking about, but everybody from my area will know by reading this.

First off..... I do realize that broadcasting the news is hard because you have to wait on a press release or wait until it has been made official before you can broadcast it out. However, when the news story is big enough to make it on WYMT, WSAZ and WKYT... not to mention newspapers and other radio stations, but they don't broadcast it until 2-3 days later. Something is wrong. Or when you tune in to hear the LOCAL news and you hear about stuff that happened in Corbin, Ashland, Danville and Georgetown something is wrong. And I'm not saying those places I mentioned aren't important, but LOCAL radio stations should broadcast LOCAL news.

I know several people that work at this radio station.... and they all are good people. It's not their fault that the news is lacking. But it's just aggervating not to hear LOCAL news.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
My biggest complaint about the radio station in Barbourville is the locale new is alway a day or two behinde. You read it in the paper on Saturday and they brodcast it on the radio on Monday or Tuesday. I just thought this was happening here guess it is in other places too!!!!
I think you two may be difficult to please!

Wink