Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Letcher County Central Football Program
Forest Wrote:not heard much on them ewhat is their record

3-5 at this time but with remaining games against single A Everts and Haysi, Virginia would have to be favored to finish 5-5.
Stumpjumper Wrote:I saw Letcher's facilities for the first time last Friday and they are top notch. The field, stadium, scoreboard, fieldhouse, and the school itself are outstanding structures. They have an experienced, proven coaching staff and I noted several booths and tents set up just outside the stadium indicating a strong booster club and parental support. There is no doubt in my mind that LCC will shortly become one of the premier programs in Eastern Kentucky. They had the misfortune to land in a very tough district for a developing program (just ask Knox Central and Clay County), but have won all their non-district games plus Perry Central. I expect them to finish at 6-5 overall.

They will not beat Haysi...They will finish the season at 4-6 with wins over Estill, Evangel Christian, Perry Central and Evarts.... They got a LONG way to go....
They beat Estill, who hadn't won in 2 years and EVANGEL CHRISTIAN(wtf).
Not impressed at all.
Me either Getum-Choppin
hey Wrote:They will not beat Haysi...They will finish the season at 4-6 with wins over Estill, Evangel Christian, Perry Central and Evarts.... They got a LONG way to go....

They are not there yet, but as I said earlier they have all the pieces in place. It won't be long.
They will never compete like the Bell's and Rock's
They have a nice field
It will help them out alot once Bell and the Rock is off there back, but they could get better in a few years but i dont think they will ever be able to play with the rock
With them going 4 and 6 in their first seson of football and 3 and 5 so far this year. I think they are doing great. They have a first rate coach and in a couple of years could make the playoffs.
give letcher a few more years and they will be doing good
Keep talking about Bell and Rock on their back, Better first learn to play with Knox and Clay.
Weak schedual this year.
lcc has a jv game with ER monday @ warrior field i think
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Clay beat you by 14, Knox central beat you by 15. You consolidated 2 schools that had football, Your not starting at square 1. You can't really compete in your district.
Whitesburg had a program, Not like you never had football like Jackson co. Beat Rock or Bell, Cant even play Clay or Knox within 2 td's. Not trying to offend but LCC should be better then what they are. Football's been around up there for along time, You took 2 schools that had football and can't really compete unless it's the likes of PCC.

Well first off, the three schools combined record the year before they consolidated was 2 - 30. So no, Whitesburg could not have beaten Knox or Clay. Yes, maybe they should be better than they are but I know the future for LCC is the young kids. They have 3 Jr. High programs( 2 of which are really good) , which if they combined would be an unbelievable team. It is easy to sit on here and say they should be better, but the truth is their talent level isn't there yet. Every school goes through it, unfortunately LCC is going through right now. They were also ahead of both Clay and Knox but because of their lack of knowing how to win, they lost both of them.