Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRC 79 Corbin 70 (Sweet 16 First Round)
Final.
Just a quick FYI...

Whitley beat GRC 58-42 back in December.
Very disheartening to see the endless string of choking out every year with good teams.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just a quick FYI...

Whitley beat GRC 58-42 back in December.
Very disheartening to see the endless string of choking out every year with good teams.

No team in the 13th would have beaten GRC today because apparently the best team from there did not
Warthog Wrote:No team in the 13th would have beaten GRC today because apparently the best team from there did not
:biglmao: One of these days....Corbin will figure out paying for District and Regional Titles doesn't work when you get to State! Their garbage has made the 13th Region the laughing stock of the State!! This is so funny and so predictable........
Warthog Wrote:No team in the 13th would have beaten GRC today because apparently the best team from there did not

You don't understand how Whitley basketball works.
Usually one of, if not the best team in the region threw early January only to have it choked away by mid February.
Its hard not to blame it on coaching.
GRC shot 61% from the field....nobody will beat a team that shoot like that. Not Whitley,clay,bell,Harlan,redbird,obi,M'boro,Jackson,Knox,b'ville,north,south,W'burg or Pineville...And throw in the Whitley boys team. Confusednicker:
Honestly, speaking with your head, who was the best team from the 13th?

I would say Bell
64SUR Wrote:GRC shot 61% from the field....nobody will beat a team that shoot like that. Not Whitley,clay,bell,Harlan,redbird,obi,M'boro,Jackson,Knox,b'ville,north,south,W'burg or Pineville...And throw in the Whitley boys team. Confusednicker:

You ever heard of a thing called DEFENSE!!! Whitley BEAT them by 16 pts in a hard fought game....GRC did not roll over and play dead! Whitley was the better team.....amazing what a fair called game will do for a team! Seems to make them play better.....The reason Corbin lost is real simple....they didn't get away with all the walking and fouling like they do in the 13th.....a fair called game....the better team wins......WHAT A CONCEPT!!!:biglmao:
Corbin could not do a anything with GRCs big girl
Warthog Wrote:Corbin could not do a anything with GRCs big girl

That's because Corbin didn't get away with all the horse back riding, shoving, grabbing and smacking like they do in the 13th Region.....But, hey.....they are and will always be.....LEGENDS in their own minds!!!!Confusednicker:
Corbin played really well today, probably the best they have played in the postseason. They just met up with a team that played better and shot the lights out. GRC shot 10-17(58%) from the 3-point line, 61.9% overall from the field and 75% from the FT line.

Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the other team when they come through in the clutch like GRC did today.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:That's because Corbin didn't get away with all the horse back riding, shoving, grabbing and smacking like they do in the 13th Region.....But, hey.....they are and will always be.....LEGENDS in their own minds!!!!Confusednicker:

What region reffed the 13th?
Warthog Wrote:What region reffed the 13th?

The 11th I believe.
Warthog Wrote:Honestly, speaking with your head, who was the best team from the 13th?

I would say Bell

I think the best TEAM in the 13th region was Whitley, but they didn't have a coach capable of getting them there. Just another Larry Anderson like choke job.

I think Corbin was the closest team after that, and while Bell County may have had the best player, I don't think they were the strongest team from top to bottom, but I cant argue that they weren't either, they did beat Whitley twice, albeit, both 2 or 3 point games.

My statement was in reference to the fact that when Whitley played GRC they had no trouble with them at all, there big didn't do anything, so I was surprised Corbin got beat in this one. They shouldn't have. GRC isn't that good.
KARMA GOT SERVED. Make's me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Maybe next yr daddy will wake up and realize paying aint getting them no where except for lookConfusednicker: like a fool.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think the best TEAM in the 13th region was Whitley, but they didn't have a coach capable of getting them there. Just another Larry Anderson like choke job.

I think Corbin was the closest team after that, and while Bell County may have had the best player, I don't think they were the strongest team from top to bottom, but I cant argue that they weren't either, they did beat Whitley twice, albeit, both 2 or 3 point games.

My statement was in reference to the fact that when Whitley played GRC they had no trouble with them at all, there big didn't do anything, so I was surprised Corbin got beat in this one. They shouldn't have. GRC isn't that good.

I agree that Whitley was probably was the best team in the region. I'm not sure what they need to do to get over the hump, but it seems like they tighten up come tourney time and lose to teams that they shouldn't lose to.

GRC is a pretty good team that just had one of those days when everything they put up was going in. I looked at their stats in the Whitley game and they only hit 2 3 pointers and shot 33% from the field, only hit 8-18 at the line and just scored 42 points.

Their big girl did have a good game against Whitley Co. though, scoring 18 points(43% of the team's total) and grabbing 11 rebounds.